Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
August 24, 2019, 05:53:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:rx78: Please visit JAPAN TOYS AUSTRALIA For AWESOME PRICES access the site through our banner below! :):rx78:

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: R&D Department  (Read 2946 times)

Mousemuffins

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
R&D Department
« on: February 02, 2011, 11:21:30 AM »

The R+D department is rather messy, and as it stands, sort of unnavagble.

Can we perhaps organise it into subforums of scale/alphabetical order?

Also, if I may go out on a limb here, Some sort of comment on the actual kit , or single paragraph review would be good, as otherwise it's just a bunch of folks standing about pointing at a box going "oooohhhh".
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 11:27:08 AM by Mousemuffins »

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
Re: R&D Department
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 12:15:17 PM »

Yes, absolutely a good call to sub-forum by scale.

If you have a look at any of the topics I have posted in there you will find a bit of a review. Random has put heaps of work into that section and it is his project so we will let him make the call.

I guess what he is aiming for is for those who have built the kit to drop a little bit of knowledge on the pros and cons.

I think the idea is that you go into that section and use the search function to find the kit you're interested in, and hopefully get some more info about it..

Random, what are your thoughts mate? How could we better organize the R&D Dept.?

Mousemuffins

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 10:59:30 AM »

Ah, yes. I fully appreciate the postings with useful comments.  without them it just becomes a catalogue of interesting things. With, its a useful resource for kit selection.

Well, perhaps adding some pictures of built up/snapped kits (sourced from the interwebs) would also assist in turning it in a better resource?

random

• GA Staff
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 06:19:36 AM »

alphabetic sub groups is not such a bad idea ;)
the thought behind the r&d was id some one wanted to say build a zaku
they could go in there and see what zaku kits there are (by sorting by subject name it puts them in alpha numeric order)
so looking at zakus of different grade, scale and design.
as it is a massive work in progress there are and will be for a while gaping holes.
the idea was that anyone posts up a new kit they have with a few flicks and a blurb of what they think keeping it all with in a recogniseable format. and it grows
sure there is this info scattered all over the web but i thought it would be good to have it localised locally with our own spin ;)
kinda like a Gundam Australia kit wiki.
i usually start alot of "empty" polls to get the ball rolling, "empty" as i usually don have the kit for comment yet

Wolfman X

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 11:01:08 PM »

this kit feels like a gn archer in terms of its nimble size
folding that 2mm section of the plastic beam whip to fit into that slit is a tedious thing. if you have fat fingers, its no dice at all unless you got nails
Aka: Wolfman, Wolfie, WMX, Wolfenhiem.

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 08:18:56 AM »

Wrong thread Wolfman??

Random I think it would be a good idea to sub categorize by grade within R&D. That way you can still search within the R&D parent section for all relevant, say, Zaku results across the grades, but if you want to look at all postings from a specific grade it will be much easier.

I agree that each topic needs some form of write up and I definitely would like to see a link to purchase the kit from our sponsors in every thread.

You can repost some of the info from the HLJ write up if you like, but I would prefer to avoid having a duplicate entry to HLJ's catalogue. It would be ideal if the topic's author could search for a kit review and post an excerpt from it with a link to the full review.

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 03:18:10 PM »

OK so I've done a spot of housekeeping in the R&D Dept. Go on over and have a look and let me know if you think it is better this way.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:18:54 PM by Sonar »

TheGhostofZeon

• GAF Commodore
  • Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
    • The Ghost of Zeon
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 04:12:34 PM »

Looks better now Sonar, much more easier to navigate when looking for a particular kit.

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 10:04:46 PM »

OK so I've done a spot of housekeeping in the R&D Dept. Go on over and have a look and let me know if you think it is better this way.

It is easier to search that way then just having them all in one random list. You've got all the mainstream lines covered but there are a few less common one's missing such as 1/1700 Ex, 1/400 Neo, 1/250 & 1/550 mobile armour and the 1/1200 & 1/2400 ships. Maybe have another section for all the odd ball sizes that pop up from time to time. I can help populate these headings over time as I have most of the EX kits, all the 1/400's and all the mobile armours.
Real men don't LOL!

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 08:59:57 AM »

Excellent! That would be really great if you would like to do that!! ;D

I think I will go make an oddball scale section now. I pretty much lumped Ghost Of Zeon's 1/200 in with the 1/220's because I didn't want to go overboard with the obscure scale stuff so that's a good suggestion.

Wolfman X

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 03:54:04 PM »

at the time before this section of the post ended up being on another thread, i posted about the nobel.
so delete that comment if you want sonar
Aka: Wolfman, Wolfie, WMX, Wolfenhiem.
Pages: [1]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF