Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
May 21, 2018, 01:06:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 1/100 Tiefsturmer.  (Read 53 times)

Gundam-monkey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
1/100 Tiefsturmer.
« on: April 20, 2018, 05:06:07 AM »

I officially started this kit a few months ago, but I have not been very active on the boards too much. But I will now play catch up and show where I'm at this point.  This thing is a beast to work on and build. The two main reasons for that are as follows.
1. It has fit issues. Almost all of the parts need a bit of work or touch up to make them fit just right. And the flash, it is everywhere on this thing.
2. Me and my attempt at perfection with my builds. That is why it takes me forever to build a kit. That line is not straight, take it apart and start it over, repeat until it is correct. Do that a thousand times on this kit, and next thing you know you have spent 3 months on it and only have one or two parts almost done.

To error is human, to forgive is divine. I'm neither of these things.

Gundam-monkey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: 1/100 Tiefsturmer.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 05:26:39 AM »

I will go into more detail about the hows and why of each part as I go and for an even further in depth look into the build I have a WIP blog going on wordpress. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/2018/01/15/tiefsturmer-wip/ But so far to say once you get past the first couple of problems the rest is easy. I have the whole kit just "Snapped" together at this moment. Lots of tape was needed to hold most of it together. Some of the connections are just so lose the parts just fall out. Where other connections are so tight you have to drill the holes out or risk breaking the part.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 12:13:31 AM by Gundam-monkey »

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 10:59:31 AM »

It's an interesting kit. It would be nice to find out who makes them for Mechanicore. Probably the same sub contractors that make kits for Dream Forge and a few other mobs. The subject matter is nice but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.
Real men don't LOL!

Gundam-monkey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 12:16:59 AM »

Not really sure who actually molds the kits for them, I do know that Mechanicore was Elyn. They changed names or were bought out, something happened not sure so can't say. But Elyn is now Mechanicore.  I do know that one would think that as they grew they would get better in the quality department, but sadly that does not seem to be the case. I know a few people who are building some of their most resent kits and they are having the same issues, in fact some of the issues are worse not better.
Pages: [1]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF