Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
September 25, 2018, 05:54:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:rx78: Please visit JAPAN TOYS AUSTRALIA For AWESOME PRICES access the site through our banner below! :):rx78:

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Just in time for re-release: Original RXF-91 Kai finished!  (Read 134 times)

Mechworker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Just in time for re-release: Original RXF-91 Kai finished!
« on: April 14, 2018, 09:56:15 AM »

When they said “Everything old is new again”, they weren’t kidding! I just recently went to my local Hobby Toy Central and was shocked to find old Silhouette Formula F-91 kits on the shelves! The last time I saw that was literally 18 year ago! In fact, I figured that these kits had all disappeared and would never be seen or heard from again.

To that end, 15 years ago, I took the opportunity to grab one that a student of mine found in Asia when he was home for the summer. I would have placed bets that it was the last of its kind that would be found on this continent when he brought it to me. Well, I guess that was wrong…

Still, the timing couldn’t be better, since I can show off my old-new-oldly new new kit (you followed that, right?) and be right on the bandwagon! So, check out my RXF-91 Kai Silhouette Gundam at the link below, and let the retro robot assault begin!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/bandai-1-100-rxf-91-kai/

Yayosaki

• Newber
    • View Profile
Re: Just in time for re-release: Original RXF-91 Kai finished!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 06:31:40 PM »

I want to know more about these things.

Mechworker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Just in time for re-release: Original RXF-91 Kai finished!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 08:51:51 AM »

Sadly, the only bit I know about the back story of them comes from the internet. I really wish they'd have been animated, or that Bandai would animate them now, along with the whole near-F91 timeframe. Seeing the F-90s and SF-91 mecha animated would be a treat.

For their day, these kits were pretty much the state-of-the-art, and the full-colour moulding is impressive for any age. I prefer the new way of splitting the parts, but it's really an easier way to make a mould! While  a bit primitive, these SF-91 kits really do build up nicely, and can easily hold their own with much more modern kits on a display shelf.
Pages: [1]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF