Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
September 15, 2019, 06:10:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:rx78: Please visit JAPAN TOYS AUSTRALIA For AWESOME PRICES access the site through our banner below! :):rx78:

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 48 Ford Coupe "Moonshine Express"  (Read 226 times)

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
48 Ford Coupe "Moonshine Express"
« on: March 29, 2018, 03:06:24 PM »

After 25+ years of sci-fi, itís tanks, planes and now cars. What next? Ships?

In my late teens I used to make cars by the truck load but havenít touched one since around 1980. Nothingís changed kit wise, this Revell 48 Ford Coupe is just as crappy as they were back then. Anyway enough reminiscing and back to the model.

ďWell my nameís John Lee Pettimore, same as my Daddy and his Daddy before.Ē

The opening lines of one of my all-time favourite songs, Copperhead Road. Whilst I like to look at nice shiny cars I couldnít make one in a million years so what could I make with my limited skills but a moonshine runner and what better scenario than Copperhead Road. Yeah I know itís not a Dodge but the 48 Ford is pretty close shape wise and itís all I could find. The kit is by Revell, itís the two in one Police/Deluxe kit. Pretty ho-hum compared to todayís kits. I had a bit of a fiddle with the suspension to crank it over, added a driver, bucket seat, shotgun and some whiskey barrels, painted it semi-gloss black and went OTT with the weathering. Not use to dirtying up black finishes so it got a bit out of hand. Hope itís not too bad on the eyes and I promise to get better  :)
Real men don't LOL!

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
Re: 48 Ford Coupe "Moonshine Express"
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 03:07:56 PM »

2nd lot
Real men don't LOL!
Pages: [1]