Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
August 20, 2017, 10:04:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Formula Astro Racing Club Gelgoog Flyer  (Read 41 times)

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
Formula Astro Racing Club Gelgoog Flyer
« on: August 08, 2017, 10:04:56 PM »

Pilots start your engines for the inaugural race to Uranus and back.
Real men don't LOL!

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
Re: Formula Astro Racing Club Gelgoog Flyer
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 10:06:00 PM »

Here's the back story. Read at your peril  :)

The One Year War is over and just as in conflicts past there is tons of surplus equipment and personnel left over. Unlike other conflicts the technology has advanced in leaps and bounds and some of surplus equipment such as Mobile Suits and their pilots provide new and wondrous opportunities. One such opportunity is space travel.

In the time honoured tradition of “The Need For Speed” these pilots decided to go racing in space and hence was formed the Formula Astro Racing Club, referred to as FARC. Not satisfied with the standard Mobile Suit propulsion systems, Mega Engines or ME for short were developed and soon there were FARC ME Mobile Suits everywhere. At first the racing was centred around the earth, the moon and whatever colonies were left. This quickly became known as “Mooning” but it was getting crowded and the thrill hungry pilots wanted more. Soon thoughts of long distance endurance races grew in popularity and after much deliberation it was decided to go from Mooning to Uranus. Lots of preparation and negotiation would be needed to go to Uranus, many had tried but few had succeeded.

This is the story of one crew’s efforts to grasp the Golden Ring.

Team Tripod are as good at Mooning as it gets. Their trusty old Gelgoog was equipped with numerous FARC ME drives but they had no staying power as mooning was just a quick flash and it was all over. The accepted method of travelling the Uranus was to avoid Saturn and its rings but this added a great deal of time to the voyage and required a lot more fuel. The poindexters in the lab coats had come up with a new drive unit designed to not only provide the Gelgoog with enough power for a surface launch from Earth but to penetrate Saturn’s outer ring, allowing them to push on directly to Uranus saving both time and fuel. Taking advantage of the volatile make-up of the atmosphere around Uranus the drive unit would release a chemical that would cause Uranus to violently eject the Gelgoog from orbit. Once spent the drive unit would be ejected to lighten the load for the voyage back to earth. As with all things techo it needed a name and the lab coats called it; Ejectable Nuclear Energy Manipulator Attachment or ENEMA.

The day of the race arrived and with the ENEMA topped up and FARC MEs ready to fire it was all go. Flashing past the moon in a fraction of the time it normally took, Saturn’s rings were looking enticing. The Gelgoog had been given a special outer sleeve called Durable Umbrella Reinforcing Extreme or DUREX to protect it from penetrating both Saturn’s outer ring and Uranus and to provide it with additional protection from other nasties such as Stellar Terminal Degradation (STD). All was going well, the DUREX was holding up nicely and they slipped through Saturn’s outer ring with nary a hiccup. They penetrated Uranus’s orbit and released the ENEMA as planned. As they were being ejected from Uranus the DUREX got damaged and they started to experience STD. They just managed to clear Saturn’s rings when FARC ME drives started failing all over the place. Fortunately the effects of the ENEMA were quite strong and they had enough momentum to reach Earth’s moon. Using all their Mooning skills they did a slingshot from orbit and made it back to the finish just ahead of the next racer. 

As time came to pass it became the accepted practice to use the ENEMA to get objects out of Uranus quickly. Team Tripod went on to greater things but that’s another story. 
Real men don't LOL!

Smegalot

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • JC Gunpla Anime Models
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 01:42:38 PM »

cool concept and believable.

They did something like this in Macross

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 06:06:38 PM »

reminds me of a zoids episode where they race sinker zoids (stingrays) painted in weird schemes and such, i don't know how you come up with these builds gunny but i like it
Pages: [1]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF