Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
September 24, 2017, 08:12:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:rx78: Please visit JAPAN TOYS AUSTRALIA For AWESOME PRICES access the site through our banner below! :):rx78:

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Migrating Hosting  (Read 117 times)

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
Migrating Hosting
« on: June 16, 2017, 09:28:05 AM »

Hi GAF

Long time no post right? Yes I've largely extracted myself from the day to day running of the forum but I am still overseeing, paying for the domain and the hosting and keeping the old girl alive ^^;

Speaking of hosting, VentraIP have been very good to us. The outages have been minimal since we migrated from Websh1tty.

All good things must pass though and I am migrating us again to a local company that will be managing my other business domain mrfonefix.com.au

This might mean a couple of minor outages over the next 72 hours or so while we migrate and run some tests to make sure everything is stable. Your patience during this time is appreciated.

Thank you all for your ongoing support. You are the original Gunpla community in Australia and without you there is no GAF and for each person that still browses and uses the forum I am grateful. The way we use the internet has changed a great deal since we started out many many years ago but we intend to stick around as an important online resource, and history of the origins of the Aussie Gunpla hive mind, and lastly as a middle finger to the yes men and corporate lapdogs. You know who you are  :-X  :sorry:  :fyou:

Peace and Catastrophic Colony Drops

Sonar

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
Re: Migrating Hosting
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 06:14:37 PM »

Well it would appear the visa's are in order  :ga:
Real men don't LOL!

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 12:18:33 AM »

ah that explains that then haha, definitely a resource worth keeping alive even its not buzzing with activity like the old days

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 09:07:29 AM »

Yes it would appear that although posting activity is a mere blip now, the rubbernecking is as high as ever. There is a pile of good info and subjects on this site and it would be a pity to see it disappear as has happened with other forums. Facebook may have taken over but it still sucks as a resource, having to wade through 32 shares of the same bloody thing day in, day out with the same replies to each share by the same people then 2 weeks later it gets shared again and off it goes AGAIN!  :( :( :(
Real men don't LOL!
Pages: [1]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF