Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
November 15, 2019, 10:35:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:rx78: Please visit JAPAN TOYS AUSTRALIA For AWESOME PRICES access the site through our banner below! :):rx78:

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A question about Revoltech and Volks Muv-luv TSF figure  (Read 752 times)

c4cloud

• Commander
    • View Profile
A question about Revoltech and Volks Muv-luv TSF figure
« on: August 31, 2016, 04:19:25 PM »

So, I'm thinking about buying a TSF figure from the Muv-luv series. After doing some research, I found that there are 2 choices for me: the 18cm from Volks and the 12.5cm from Revoltech (I'm a little bit lazy now so no kotobukiya this time).
My question is that which one has better paint job and quality control? The big size of the Volks is tempting, but I care more about the  overal quality of the figure.

Wavehawk

• Rear Admiral
  • Some would say I'm the Reverse...
    • View Profile
Re: A question about Revoltech and Volks Muv-luv TSF figure
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 11:13:03 AM »

Can't speak for the paint quality, but the Volks ones are more fragile from what I've heard online. The Revoltech ones are more durable, but smaller and are on the chunky side (doesn't sound too bad but TSFs are supposed to be more lanky than MS).

I was tempted to get the figures as well but ended up buying the 1/144 kits--which aren't as polished as Bandai's Gunpla but are decent. The only sad thing is (as usual) the difficulty in getting them for a reasonable price anywhere here in Australia, as I try not to use ebay unless I really need to.
"...we haven't been properly introduced..."

c4cloud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 02:39:02 AM »

I have decided to get the Volks one because I actually prefer the look of the Volks. In fact, It will arrive tomorrow.
I'm also thinking about getting a model kit myself. I quite like the designs of the MiG-21 and the F-15. Finding those kits are nigh impossible here, so I guess that means hlj again. (I much prefer buying at the local hobby store)

c4cloud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 06:49:53 PM »

I has arrived!

The overal quality is pretty good. The painting is done quite well in most part; however, there are some mold lines here and there. Articulation sucks, but it can pull off some action poses. There's lots of accessories, but all of them are designed exclusively for the TSF (the hands are part of the accessories themselves).

Overally, I'm quite happy with it. But no, I won't buy a second one unless I managed to find a very sweet deal
Pages: [1]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF