Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
July 03, 2020, 07:58:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:rx78: Please visit JAPAN TOYS AUSTRALIA For AWESOME PRICES access the site through our banner below! :):rx78:

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad

Poll

What is your status with this kit?

Want
- 15 (48.4%)
Back Log
- 7 (22.6%)
Built
- 9 (29%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Strike Gundam GAT-X105 PG 1-60  (Read 6880 times)

random

• GA Staff
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
Strike Gundam GAT-X105 PG 1-60
« on: December 04, 2010, 02:53:28 PM »

-year released: Nov 2004
-release number: PG 09
-size & weight: 59.0 x 32.0 x 11.5 cm / 1720g
-rough cost: $200.00
-origin of unit: Gundam Seed
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 09:29:03 PM by thegunny »

random

• GA Staff
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
Re: PG 1/60 GAT-X105 Strike Gundam
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 02:54:05 PM »

I Really like the look of this kit

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 03:16:35 PM »

This kit is pretty highly regarded as heralding the new generation of PG engineering and is apparently a great build. I'd like to have a crack at one some day.

madmoz

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • An Army Of Zakus
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 08:27:30 PM »

Everytime i click the 'backlog' button, I get hit by a guilt pang. Must stop hoarding!

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 11:34:40 PM »

Haha but isn't there something great about looking at that stack of kits and thinking about which one you might like to build next, whenever that may be?

drifand

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Strike Gundam GAT-X105 PG 1-60
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 08:03:55 PM »

This kit is the one I would recommend for anyone who wants to attempt PG. The only weakness is the arm joint is a bit weak.

Shifty

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 08:15:51 PM »

I would like this kit one day.... Who wouldn't?

drifand

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 08:30:15 PM »

Is also one of the most affordable PGs available.

Wolfman X

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 12:03:52 PM »

ive owned this kit on 2 occasions. but had to sell them both due to budget
i should buy this for the 3rd time and make sure i keep it as ive no problems with my budget ^^
Aka: Wolfman, Wolfie, WMX, Wolfenhiem.

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 09:54:29 PM »

My initial impressions of this kit are a bit low. I was expecting a bit more from the flagship PG line. I really feel Bandai have missed the boat with how they have presented this kit. The one thing that really jumps out, especially for a kit of this size & cost is the lack of seperate detail parts for the chassis. All the detail is molded in, there is not one piece of seperate pipe, wire, gears etc. The only none molded in detail are the pistons for the feet and waist.

There appear to be a few joints that will need filling and as usual they have paid lip service to the beam rifle leaving a seam right up the middle of the muzzle when it could have been made in one piece as they have done on other kits. Once again decals are not provided, just dry rub transfers and there are some fairly big gaps that the dry rubs have to stradle in a couple of places where decals would have done a far better job. The instruction manual is a boring  mono tone sheet of paper that apart from a single diagram on the first page has no other line drawings or technical information on the Strike what so ever unlike most master grade instructions which give you detail drawings and descriptions of the inner workings of all the various sections.

The colour booklet that has the painting & marking guide has no real technical info in it either. It strikes me as just a propaganda book for the Aile add on kit that was to follow.

Maybe I'm expecting too much but at around $200 I don't think I am. If this is one of the best PG kits then as well as being my first it will also be my last  :(
Real men don't LOL!

WingZero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 07:14:36 AM »

Maybe I'm expecting too much but at around $200 I don't think I am.

I understand what you mean. I canceled my pre-order of the PG Strike Freedom because of the same reasons.  For a PG you would expect more parts in the Inner Frame and the armor, and that they would add more non molded parts to differ the PG from the MG. If you can see what they are able to do with a RG these days than I don't understand why the PG is just a sized up MG.

I bought a RX 178 MK II instead, pure for the price tag and  I wanted to build a PG at least ounce. This one has quit a view pieces to build the inner frame and comes with a few metal cables. The downside is that it is lacking posing possibilities. (Maybe I should write a review one day) ::)

dominict

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • TotalGunpla
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 06:54:43 PM »

Having built the PG strike already I have to say its easily my favourite kit so far and is a treat to build.

The internal frame is really detailed. It lacks the pipes/wires/gears/etc that gunny mentions but as far as I have seen Seed/Destiny suits don't have those kind of things in their design anyway. I'd think you might find the PG mk II more to your liking if those are a problem for you (<-- 2nd hand info). The seam lines on the rifle are the only ones I can find on the whole kit and are easily fixed with one exception. There is a line between 2 raised sections on the forward face of the rifles handle which would be hard to reach. It can't be seen when the rifle is being held so I didn't bother with it.

If your interested in applying decals then pick up a set of after market water slides. The stickers that come with the kit suck and the dry transfers are hard to apply in a lot of places.

The manuals are standard for all PG, 1 instruction manual and 1 info booklet with the sticker placement at the back. Instructions are clear which is all I really care about.

@ WingZero The MG strike and  PG Strike are leagues apart in terms of detail and even the PG SF would have trouble competing with the PG Strike. Don't understand what Bandai was thinking with the SF's skirt armour <_<
Looking for inspiration or stuck on a particular problem? Check out TotalGunpla for tutorials & build reports.
www.TotalGunpla.com

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 07:12:30 PM »

I agree with some of what you have said but what I was getting at is the kit is not value for money by any stretch of the imagination. Just have a look at some of the large scale Tamiya kits. Riddled with detail (not molded in) and half or less the price.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:41:10 PM by thegunny »
Real men don't LOL!

dominict

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • TotalGunpla
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 11:54:32 PM »

Is that so?? I'll have to check that Tamiya out. I didn't feel that it was overly expensive, but then again 'value' is very much in the eye of the beholder.
Looking for inspiration or stuck on a particular problem? Check out TotalGunpla for tutorials & build reports.
www.TotalGunpla.com

WingZero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 08:31:58 AM »

I can't deny that I haven't checked out the Strike Gundam on Dalong.net and seems a very interesting kit to have. It is also the one that comes with a lot of extra kits like the Skygrasper and a selection of weapons which makes it proberly the best buy.
It is just that my expactations of the PG have grown with the new possibilities of the MG and RG.
Pages: [1] 2

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF