Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
May 25, 2020, 06:53:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Gundam fans please check this out :D  (Read 2288 times)

jimmyboag

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Gundam fans please check this out :D
« on: October 30, 2015, 08:26:57 PM »

Hi Gunpla fans,

I am a huge fan like everyone here, living in WA. I have been selling gunpla for years overseas in HK and Japan. My business partners would like to move to Australia and set up a store here in WA.

We tried ebay for a little bit but don't think it suits us that well. So we decide to sell locally now instead of online. So for gunpla fans in Perth, our store (at the moment is still my garage lol) is located in Morley (6062). We have got our 1st lot of gunplas arrived ranging from SDs to PGs, from normal kits to very rare kits. attached are the photos of a small corner of our stockings. You are all welcome to check them out.

We do pre-ordering too, if there is something you don't find here, we can always import them for you from our Japanese warehouse. For fans locating in other states, we can also organize kits you want to be posted from overseas, as long as you let us know what you are after. We will always try to give you the best deal as we are not only sellers but also GUNPLA BUILDERS like you all here.  :P

Anything, just contact us:
EMail: JSL.connection@hotmail.com
Mobile: 0420660648 (Jimmy)

Torquamedus

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Gundam fans please check this out :D
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 08:38:33 PM »

nice to see someone local to me well sorta I live a little north of Perth but for local competition you will have Perth hobby centre in Osborne Park and Tokyo underground in Perth city im sure there are others but those are the two I know of. What would be nice to stock here as well seeing as you have access to the Japanese market is bring in the Bandai starwars kits as well we have been cut off except for eBay which they are gouging prices for them im fairly certain most starwars fans on here would buy local aswell anyways welcome aboard good to see gundam products spreading over here

jimmyboag

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 08:54:16 PM »

Thanks for the information.

Yea we are kind of like the new kids on the block, will sure need some time to get our heads around. We do have many other stuff like star wars and some other figures being sold in Japan and HK, however Gunpla kits always seem to be the most popular items.

So we will start with gunpla for now and we will bring other stuff in here slowly as you suggest. Cheers mate.

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 09:36:10 PM »

I think you might have missed Torquamedus' point  :)

The new Bandai Star Wars kits cannot be purchased from the major sellers in Japan at all. Bandai was forced to put the foot down by American pressure. If you have a source of these kits you will sell them as easily as Gunpla as there is a whole different market for them here. People who wouldn't be caught dead with Gunpla are gladly building these new Star Wars kits and buying them by the truck load.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 09:36:25 PM by thegunny »
Real men don't LOL!

jimmyboag

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 10:43:39 PM »

Can you post a link or attach some photos showing the ones you are referring to? so that I don't misunderstand and import the wrong kits lol.

Cheers.

Torquamedus

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 11:15:19 PM »

its Bandai model kit line for starwars not the S.H.Figuarts line of figures they are actual model kits

full line up on Bandai's page
http://bandai-hobby.net/sw/news/topnews.html

box art examples
X-Wing

Storm Trooper

now for me I usually buy 2 of each kit I still haven't got the full line yet but im working on it
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 11:47:06 PM by Torquamedus »

jimmyboag

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 11:54:19 PM »

I can get these from our japanese/HK warehouse easily. I will get some of these 2 kits shown in the photos and see if they sell in the local market here.

I will update you guys here once they arrive. :)

You guys can let me know anything you guys are keen to get. Cheers.

Torquamedus

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 12:07:24 AM »

honestly I would concentrate on the newer models like bobafet and slave1 seeing they are the newest releases I got the bobafet but missed out on slave1. coming soon is the new movie xwing, millennium falcon and first order stormtrooper once you get them im I will definitely get 2 of each and there is a fair few people just on here will order them too. the early models eg xwing, tie fighter, vader, stormtrooper etc most of us already have cause they were easy to get from the hobbyshops in japan that ships international eg HLJ and Hobbysearch but now there is a blanket ban on selling them outside of japan its made it next to impossible to get them.

I know your major interest is in gundam ours is too but the market for starwars is there too just something for you to think about. Not every gundam fan loves starwars and not every starwars fan loves gundam but there is a decent market for both to exist.

also on another note here in Perth we are in need of a decent model kit store cause most of the stores here cater for the radio control crowd one thing I would suggest is to go check them out especially the major players I live in Two Rocks and the closest model kit store to me is Perth hobby centre which is in Osbourne park 50min drive away and they are so overpriced its easier and cheaper to get kits from say HLJ than it is to get it from them but the closest RC store is in Joondalup and another one in Wangara which is just under 30min drive and yes I live out in the sticks :)but it isn't the point north of the river coastal corridor is the fastest growing housing in the country at the moment which most of these clowns here seem to not realize nor care.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 12:48:41 AM by Torquamedus »

materix01

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2015, 02:44:43 PM »

The major Japanese retailers(AmiAmi/HLJ/Hobbysearch) as well as the local retailers can't/won't get Star Wars Bandai kits. The Star War kits are fairly popular with a lot of Gunpla builders.  Could be a nice market to corner.

To be honest though, there are plenty of other smaller Japanese sites that sell the Bandai kits. Nippon Yassan, Big in Japan and Plamoya spring to mind.

jenova

• Newber
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 11:13:41 AM »

jimmyboag

You got a Facebook page ? how does your pricing compare to other retailers ?
Are you going to be stocking any tools/paints/decals/addon parts etc ?

Very good to hear someone in Morley having a shop
6062 Represent :P
Pages: [1]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF