Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
May 26, 2020, 09:22:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HG unicorn awakened mode + LED  (Read 4094 times)

c4cloud

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: HG unicorn awakened mode + LED
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 10:48:41 PM »

I really like that scene in the OVA.
This looks amazing

nzanglia

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2015, 07:27:43 AM »

Very cool project.  Any chance of a tutorial on LED lighting if there isn't already one one this forum.  I've always wanted to light up a few kits but never knew where to start or how to wire it up properly.

kamil001

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 04:39:55 PM »

Finally had some time to continue working on this.

I used different types of LEDs for the lower legs. 3mm blue LEDs for the vernier and different sizes of SMD LEDs around the green areas. good thing the lower leg has plenty of space to connect the wires together. I had all the connections in parallel so I could keep the required power to a minimum but at the cost of draining the batteries quicker.

I was also able to work on the knee joints. The wires pass though the joints yet still retains its articulation.

kamil001

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2015, 12:15:50 AM »

Been working on the wait area. This is where all connections from other parts will come together. I've also planned out how the connection will be. One thing I do is separate the wires by polarity. I keep the positive(red) wires on one side and the negative(black) wires on the other.

I've also started working on the body. I've been testing LED positions to maximize the illumination of the clear parts. And so far so good.

I'm currently working on a way to place 3mm LEDs on the rear skirt vernier but the connection piece there is really small. I'm thinking of making the part bigger by adding plastic strips to it but I'm still looking for other ways that requires less modding.

kamil001

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2015, 03:40:47 PM »

Just a small update.

I got lazy with the rear skirt verniers and just drilled a hole directly on the clear piece. I then passed through the wire there and glued the wire in place.

Not the best approach but it works for me. You get some slight movement with the verniers but once the armor piece is in place, I don't think I'd run the risk of having the LED pulled out.

For added security I passed the wires through the bigger rear skirt piece. This actually gives the rear skirt vernier piece the added security so it doesn't fall off.

SOLIDUS1978

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2015, 08:20:07 PM »

wow. really nice

kamil001

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2016, 05:05:23 PM »

Fast forward through the project. And also since all the individual parts are done. All that's left is some minor detailing and a proper display base.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 02:17:05 AM by kamil001 »
Pages: 1 [2]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF