Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
January 17, 2019, 04:38:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: MG Unicorn  (Read 772 times)

c4cloud

• Commander
    • View Profile
MG Unicorn
« on: June 20, 2015, 01:45:20 AM »

Hi!
I'm looking for a MG Unicorn, and this time I want something different. So, I'm interested in the Unicorn Titanium Finish (hlj has it restocked in July). However, I wonder if the MG Unicorn is undergated. You see, I don't like to have visible nubs on the main attraction of my shelf.
Thank you in advance.

Xenomorph

• Commander
  • Whoop!
    • View Profile
Re: MG Unicorn
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 07:06:26 AM »

Unfortunately it is not. In fact some of the gate makes are in quite terrible places.
Fear the Facehugger!

c4cloud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 08:24:49 PM »

Oh dear, that sucks. Maybe I'll try to have a look at the built model. Or I'll paint the Unicorn silver
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:26:19 PM by c4cloud »

Wavehawk

• Rear Admiral
  • Some would say I'm the Reverse...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 12:24:21 PM »

There was a short how-to in Hobby Japan's Zeta Gundam kit mook that advised using metallic silver Gundam Marker or paint as an undercoat and to use clear color/coat over the nubs, but it still assumed you're good at cutting off the gate/nubs without scratching the rest of the kit in the process. EG using a craft knife to very very slowly trim off each part from the frame, cut off the excess, and then use metallic marker/paint and after that a clear color on it---a lot of work just to make something look purely OOB.

Probably better to buy the MG Unicorn and paint it. If you want one with better posability get the OVA version (I don't remember if the titanium finish was the OVA or the Ver Ka version). Also, kind of accept that most metallic repaints are of kits that weren't originally meant to be metallic, so nib bits will happen.
"...we haven't been properly introduced..."

c4cloud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 01:44:58 PM »

that is too much trouble IMO, so I think I would paint the normal MG Unicorn. My friend recommended a spray can that gives off chrome effect which is pretty nice. It's not very durable though (well, I would probably leave it in Destroy mode after take a picture of the Unicorn mode. There would be no problem I think)
Pages: [1]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF