Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
November 15, 2019, 10:36:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ballpoint art - Gundam drawings  (Read 2672 times)

Zesaviourta666

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Ballpoint art - Gundam drawings
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 04:32:07 PM »

Sweet mercy how i wish i was as talented as that in even the smallest way for gundam, the best i got was copying the side on view of wing zeros head from the last 2 opening sequence intros for the GW series, and even that only got about half completed (didn't realise it was the wing zero at the time i was doing it). I think I might need to try out my skills again but that duel scene between Unicorn and Sinanju, the way the beam sabers are done.........mind blown........

Also do you do the outlines in pencil first or just go straight in with the ballpoint and any mistakes be damned?

joshuadarrah

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 05:52:57 PM »

That is pretty cool. I really like the clean style of the GP01 Fb Zephyranthes and Unicorn gundam. I might check out The Scratch bar next time I'm up in Brisbane (usually when I'm craving some food not available on the Gold Coast).

Ah yeah nice. I really like the unicorn myself too, it's so stark and angular. And my art is only up there for the next 5 days or so, so you might see it in time!

joshuadarrah

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 06:05:26 PM »

Sweet mercy how i wish i was as talented as that in even the smallest way for gundam, the best i got was copying the side on view of wing zeros head from the last 2 opening sequence intros for the GW series, and even that only got about half completed (didn't realise it was the wing zero at the time i was doing it). I think I might need to try out my skills again but that duel scene between Unicorn and Sinanju, the way the beam sabers are done.........mind blown........

Also do you do the outlines in pencil first or just go straight in with the ballpoint and any mistakes be damned?

Ah thanks! And oh man totally try again! And keep it simple the first few times too. That's what I did when I got back in to drawing. I just did a line (not shaded) Zeta Pluz C1 and it's way simpler than my latest stuff, but still so cool and best of all fun to do! And nice one noticing the beam sabres in the Sinanju vs Unicorn. I had SO much fun with those. I had to work out a way to convey the brightness of the sabres, without actually colouring them in. So I did little dot lines and presto! Beam sabre edges!

I ususally do big broad circles and ovals and geometrical shapes in pencil to get the proportions right. Sometimes I can re-do this proportions stage around 2-3 times. Once i'm happy with the proportions, I'll then go through and add the finer details with a pacer mechanical pencil, once that's done, THEN I go in and start inking! I learned from drawing in the past when i was too excited to wait and get straight into inking or hard pencilling, that in the end the proportions are often out, and i'd end up hating the drawing cause the figure had a monged leg length, ha ha! So now I make sure to pencil the proportions in first.

See ya!
J

syn 76

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2015, 04:36:02 PM »

How about some Hazels? GO TITANS!!

joshuadarrah

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2015, 12:11:27 AM »

How about some Hazels? GO TITANS!!

Oooh man yeah HAZEL! I FA-REAKING LOVE hazels. I stumbled on the HG randomly and thought it looked cool, then I instantly loved it and bought all the TR1 and hazel variants. geez I hope they make an MG!!!

Anyway, yep, if I can find a great shot of a Hazel, I just might.

syn 76

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2015, 01:39:37 PM »

I've been waiting for an MG for AGES,so many variations.

joshuadarrah

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2015, 09:53:05 PM »

Oh man I hear ya. When I first got into Gunpla 2 years ago, I thought "why the heck are people asking for a particular Gundam to be made into an MG? Geez there are sooooo many MG's to buy and make already that are cool!".

And now with time I have joined the pack.

I am so happy they announced the MG Reniscita Hey. That was one I wanted for about a year now, it's gonna be so cool lookin. And then you have that elusive MG Kshatriya. Oh boy. It will probably never happen but if it did, oh man!

syn 76

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2015, 03:20:58 PM »

Oh man I hear ya. When I first got into Gunpla 2 years ago, I thought "why the heck are people asking for a particular Gundam to be made into an MG? Geez there are sooooo many MG's to buy and make already that are cool!".

I am so happy they announced the MG Reniscita Hey. That was one I wanted for about a year now, it's gonna be so cool lookin. And then you have that elusive MG Kshatriya. Oh boy. It will probably never happen but if it did, oh man!
The rescinta MG is on my list for sure,as for the Kshatriya,maybe one day but don't hold your breath ha.My overall most wanted kit is a PG Sinanju or Infinite Justice :).

joshuadarrah

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2015, 08:06:46 AM »

The rescinta MG is on my list for sure,as for the Kshatriya,maybe one day but don't hold your breath ha.My overall most wanted kit is a PG Sinanju or Infinite Justice :).

Oh I know hey, I'm holding my breath full of grains of salt, ha! Yes dude, a PG sinanju. Holy crap that thing would sell a TRUCKLOAD. They must be sitting on it hey. Damn wow.

J
Pages: 1 [2]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF