Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
November 21, 2019, 04:51:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:rx78: Please visit JAPAN TOYS AUSTRALIA For AWESOME PRICES access the site through our banner below! :):rx78:

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hunting down kits  (Read 1542 times)

materix01

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
Hunting down kits
« on: March 18, 2015, 06:19:12 PM »

I seem to be having trouble finding a few particular kits. HLJ has them available on backorder which could mean anything tbh. Have ordered from them but not very hopeful.
Only one that seems to have these kits in stock are an Ebay seller from Japan called samurai48-japan who is charging a crazy markup.

HG 1/144 GPB-06F Super Custom Zaku F2000      2200yen RRP -> $143AUD on Ebay
HGUC 1/144 D-50C Loto Twin Set                        1600yen RRP -> $75AUD on Ebay
NG MSJ-06II-A Tieren Ground Type                      2800yen RRP -> $112AUD on Ebay

Any ideas how I could get my hands on these kits without a >200% markup? Or should I just give up on these and hope for a rerelease one day?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 06:20:07 PM by materix01 »

syn 76

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting down kits
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 06:53:54 PM »

Just wait for HLJ to get them in,otherwise you're paying FAR out the ass for them.

materix01

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 07:12:59 PM »

Metro Hobbies in Victoria actually seems to have them available via backorder via their website with a reasonable price. Only have the Tieren Ground type in HG form but it's better than nothing I suppose.
I'll have to give them a call tomorrow and see if it's actually something they can get in.

EDIT: Very curious where Gunny got his NG Tieren.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 07:24:42 PM by materix01 »

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 09:13:42 PM »

I got the Tieren from Big Monkeyman in Japan.

Use this site to find lots of treasures: http://global.rakuten.com/en/category/207609/

or here for the end of the rainbow goodies: http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/ select either Model kit or Toys other.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the sites that have those kits up for backorder especially if you have to pay as they are just speculating.
Real men don't LOL!

materix01

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 11:07:23 PM »

I got the Tieren from Big Monkeyman in Japan.

Use this site to find lots of treasures: http://global.rakuten.com/en/category/207609/

or here for the end of the rainbow goodies: http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/ select either Model kit or Toys other.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the sites that have those kits up for backorder especially if you have to pay as they are just speculating.

Ergh not much luck with the sites. Some interesting finds on mandarake such as old P Bandai kits(went through everything gundam they had) but prices are kinda hit or miss and nothing too compelling for me. Rakuten didn't have what I wanted but seems to have a wider range. Will have to browse it properly tomorrow. Kinda really makes me appreciate Hobbyco and their relatively large range and reliability.

I've really got to get my ass to Japan some time.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:07:51 PM by materix01 »

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 12:59:57 PM »

You miss a lot of goodies if you just search Gundam on Mandarake. They aren't exactly all that good at cataloging things. You have to go through the lot. Models narrows the field a bit but some models get put only in Other Toys so the best bet is to search the entire Other Toys list. If you do it every day you only have to go back about 300 items.

If you're happy with Hobbyco then so be it. I'm not too keen on them since they tried to charge me $10 postage for 1 sheet of Bandai decals.
Real men don't LOL!

materix01

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 01:13:48 PM »

Very good advice on the Mandarake. Seeing a lot more interesting things on Mandarake now.

Hobbyco is pretty good for me as a local supplier. Prices aren't too bad with membership and shipping capped for most items. Was even better when I lived in Sydney. Don't think there's a single store on the Gold Coast for Gunpla so Zombster or online such as Hobbyco/HLJ seems to be my go to places

cobraleader

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Cobraleader's Workbench
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 01:45:31 PM »

There is A-Zone in the Yellow Gold arcade in the Valley, but, prices are higher than  Zombster ... and they don't have much of a range
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows him?

materix01

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 11:29:05 PM »

Update:

Ended up grabbing about 8kgs+ worth of items from Plamoya Japan. They were having an up to 70% off sale. I've heard good thing about them for buying anime figures but never realised how many kits they had in stock. Super Easy site navigation as well. Yen being so low is great for this hobby (now if only the Aussie dollar got higher).

Had in stock everything on my wish list. Picked up 2 items at the top of my wish list including their last NG 1/100 Tieran for $55AUD(not too bad considering the few competitors who had it was double that) and $50 for a Armored Core Aaliyah Unsung. Didn't feel like paying $45 AUD for the Loto Twin or $85AUD for the Zaku F2000. Was actually the first site that wasn't Ebay where I found the Zaku F2000 in stock.

Gunpla kits weren't as heavily discounted as some of the other model kits, best was about 30% off such as MG Astray Kai and RG Justice. Could have saved myself a bunch of money if I picked up a few of gunpla kits from them earlier but I've purchased 95% of kits I want already minus Metal Builds that are too expensive or PGs.
They had tons of Armored Core(which I really like) and Muv Luv kits on sale for 50%-66% and I ended up picking up a bunch.

Shipping via EMS for just under 10.4kg for 13 items total came to about $130AUD which isn't too bad for about $13/kg for fast EMS delivery. They offered SAL Parcel which costed more than EMS and don't remember them offering me SAL or Registered SAL. I'll let you know in about 1-2 weeks when everything gets here how things went.

All in all, they are a pretty easy to use website with good reviews. Has a huge catalogue of anything you would want. Prices aren't going to be great unless it's on sale so treat it like Myer. Shipping is affordable but they are rumored to waste a lot of space and weight with shipping.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 11:29:58 PM by materix01 »
Pages: [1]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF