Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
July 23, 2019, 07:06:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Does anyone know tha fastest way to getting to animasia melbourne from train?  (Read 1380 times)

D0W0knu

• Newber
    • View Profile

Hi, I'm kinda new here, but I made a post about a year or two ago, im hoping i put this in the right place.
Does anyone know the fastes route to animasa, melbourne through commuting? I'm riding a train to city, but I don't know the most efficent way to get there. Since i have to ride the train home again, im avoiding as much of the cursed heat in case it gets to me at that day.

Thanks for reading and answering.

Wavehawk

• Rear Admiral
  • Some would say I'm the Reverse...
    • View Profile

Animasia is on Grattan street, So:
- Get off at either Flinders Street Station or Melbourne Central Station and head for the nearest tram stop along Swanston Street.
- From that stop, take any tram going to Melbourne University. Melb Uni is the last stop for most trams going North, so you can't miss it.
- From Melbourne uni, you'll have to walk back to Grattan street (If you see the KFC on the corner, that's Grattan Street. Go east). Animasia is about 1 block and a half away, on the side where Dominos Pizza and most of the eateries are.

Sadly, there's no avoiding walking from Melbourne Uni to Animasia, ever since they removed the tram stop on the corner (which stopped right on Grattan street). :(

Also check out these pages. Meldmagazine has a picture of Animasia's shop front, so you'll know what to look for. Thatmelbourne has a mini-map so you can doublecheck where it is from a top-up view.
http://www.meldmagazine.com.au/2011/07/shopping-carlton/animasia/
http://www.thatsmelbourne.com.au/Shopping/Gifts/GamesandHobbies/Pages/1594.aspx
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 07:32:16 PM by Wavehawk »
"...we haven't been properly introduced..."

cobraleader

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Cobraleader's Workbench

whats the address ??? i'm in melbourne in a weeks time, love to check it out...
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows him?

Wavehawk

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile

whats the address ??? i'm in melbourne in a weeks time, love to check it out...
- See above on directions

99 Grattan Street
Carlton Vic 3053

Opening hours
Mon-Fri : 10am 6pm
Sat-Sun: noon 5.30pm

BTW: Pay Cash for kits, but if you need it there's an ATM in the convenience store next door.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 10:39:28 PM by Wavehawk »

syn 76

• Captain
    • View Profile

Anyone going from sydney? I'll go halves in petrol lol.

D0W0knu

• Newber
    • View Profile

Animasia is on Grattan street, So:
- Get off at either Flinders Street Station or Melbourne Central Station and head for the nearest tram stop along Swanston Street.
- From that stop, take any tram going to Melbourne University. Melb Uni is the last stop for most trams going North, so you can't miss it.
- From Melbourne uni, you'll have to walk back to Grattan street (If you see the KFC on the corner, that's Grattan Street. Go east). Animasia is about 1 block and a half away, on the side where Dominos Pizza and most of the eateries are.

Sadly, there's no avoiding walking from Melbourne Uni to Animasia, ever since they removed the tram stop on the corner (which stopped right on Grattan street). :(

Also check out these pages. Meldmagazine has a picture of Animasia's shop front, so you'll know what to look for. Thatmelbourne has a mini-map so you can doublecheck where it is from a top-up view.
http://www.meldmagazine.com.au/2011/07/shopping-carlton/animasia/
http://www.thatsmelbourne.com.au/Shopping/Gifts/GamesandHobbies/Pages/1594.aspx

Thanks, is the route back the same way for tram? Or is it in a different place?

Wavehawk

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile

You can take the same route. There's another stop further down (Lincoln Park stop), but best to stick to the original route if you're not familiar with the area. It's a bit farther down, but I only recommend it if you plan to take a few more minutes walkign around.
Pages: [1]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF