Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
August 20, 2017, 10:17:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Gruntbuild #5 HGUC RGM-79SP Sniper "ANZAC Sniper Rookie Mistakes" 2nd OOB Enh  (Read 1049 times)

Jimmy The Guz

• Commander
  • Play some SLAYER!!!
    • View Profile

Hello Everyone,

This is my entry for the group build.  My title for this build is “Rookie Mistakes” due to all of the issues I had with this build.  But at the end of the day I completed it.  Taking decent photos of the model with and without the bandai stand 2 took hours. I had no natural light left in the day when I got back from work today.  

I went for a camo style paint job and kind of ruined it at the end of the day with the flat coat that I used which looks like powder.  Oh well no worries there.

The frame is painted in candy blue as well as the barrel parts of the sniper rifle and the bullpup machine gun has its barrel and magazine.  All hands were painted the same which meant I could not mount the gun weapons into the hands as I had glued those together (thats one mistake of the many) to paint them.  The thrusters on the backpack, legs and feet also are candy coated as well as the beam saber handles.

The mods that I have done are really simple, like cutting the front skirt armour in half so the move independently.  I also re-scribed and created new panel lines and made little rivet holes with my pin vice.

I did not go over the top with decals as I wanted to show as much of the camo as possible.  I used some waterslides from the Bandai 37 HGUC Gundam decal set for EFSF mobile suites.  The other “Kiwi” ones are from the RNZAF roundel waterslides that I got locally, as I wanted to represent my GM Sniper as an EFSF Anzac Sniper.

It was a good group build mission.  Next time I will be more organised hopefully.  I would also like to thank GOZ and Lord Gunny for helping me out with the many questions that I have had with this build.

Jtg
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 10:37:10 PM by thegunny »

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
Re: Gruntbuild #5 HGUC RGM-79SP Sinper "ANZAC Sniper Rookie Mistakes"
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 08:34:21 AM »

Where's the money shot of a sniper doing what a sniper does?

At the moment all I see is an RGM-79 taking his pet, dare I say it mutated sheep for a walk, Bah  :P :P
Real men don't LOL!

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Gruntbuild #5 HGUC RGM-79SP Sinper "ANZAC Sniper Rookie Mistakes"
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 09:19:57 AM »

that paint scheme must of been a bitch to paint

Jimmy The Guz

• Commander
  • Play some SLAYER!!!
    • View Profile

Thanks for the feedback buys.

Sorry Gunny but the money shot could not happen due to me gluing the hand parts together, so I couldn't get them to mount on the sniper rifle properly into a hand without damaging the paint work.  I was running out of time and I took ages on the pics and waited to see what happens.  I too was disappointing in my pics.  Natural light would have been way better than my two spot lights that show up as yellow light.  Next time will be different.

And yes Fury the camo was a bitch to paint.  Blue tack is very pliable but messy to work with.  Plus it sticks when you don't want it to and when you do it doesn't  >:(  No worries though as it was all a learning curve.

Other than that I had a few issues though out the build, one of them being the 6.1 earthquake that we had in Wellington NZ a few weeks back.  Cracking parts, issues with masking, gloss coat and then finally the powdery flat coat.  All part of the learning process.

The most important thing for me is that I had to post something as I've been in the GAF for a few years now and I've only posted one completed model in the catapult  :-[

I will be looking forward to any future group builds.

Cheers to Gunny for organising and sorting out the group build  :).

JTG

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia

The Encouragement award goes to Jimmy. Great work mate on the build, love the Kiwi decal! FYI in case you all missed it this guy endured an earthquake and completed his build. All your future excuses for not finishing are now irrelevant. ;)

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile

He's used up any future extensions in spades  ;D
Real men don't LOL!
Pages: [1]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF