Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
December 14, 2017, 12:41:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:rx78: Please visit JAPAN TOYS AUSTRALIA For AWESOME PRICES access the site through our banner below! :):rx78:

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: E3 Thread  (Read 6633 times)

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: E3 Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2013, 09:51:28 AM »

well well well, not technically E3 news but the convo started here so...

microsoft have done a complete 180 announcing they will be dropping all DRM, no more 24 hour checkin, region locking, used game restrictions or any of that rubbish, this does mean they wont be offering the no disc game swapping or internet based game library access (because thats what the 24 hour checking was there to pollice and nothing else).

The "internet" doesn't seem to know what to do with itself lol, on one hand, microsoft have listened and dumped the silly stuff everyones been hating on, with the loss of a feature some were pretty happy about but dumped the bad stuff to be fair, on the other hand microsoft have spent the past months telling us that the DRM was the future and (as little as 4 days ago) that is was impossible to remove, capping it off by telling those who didn't like "to buy a 360 then"

note:the xbone will be releasing with the drm in place, but a day one patch will remove it so the console will require a one time connection capable of downloading the patch to be drm free, will be interesting to know how that effects the military personal who were the biggest voice in the anti always on fight

Shaid

• GA Staff
  • Commodore
  • Inappropriate avatars for the win!
    • View Profile
    • Gunblog!
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2013, 10:47:18 AM »

Yeah, funny how the realisation that no-one will buy your console, and the possibility of a bunch of devs not wanting to develop for your console, will make impossible things possible.

thepuddingcup11

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2013, 11:19:56 AM »

les/microsoft-to-pull-complete-reversal-on-xbox-one-dr/1100-4673/
heres a link for those interested

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2013, 12:20:03 PM »

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2013, 12:25:25 PM »

link fail puddingcup

haha love that pic hemish, like i said up until yesterday basically it was impossible

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2013, 12:43:33 PM »

I'm waiting for the you talked we listened marketing stuff to come out, cause you know it's coming

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2013, 01:30:57 PM »

haha what a coincidence the full giant bomb interview is up now http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-s-marc-whitten-talks-xbox-one-s-big-poli/1100-4675/

the gist of which is, "you spoke we listened" heres an excerpt from the very first answer

-Frankly, we just listened. We wanted to take that feedback and make changes.

flamingeyebrows

• Captain
  • A few parts short of a full sprue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2013, 04:46:14 PM »

Funnier thing is Giant Bomb broke the news on the reversal a full hour before it was confirmed. Considering Microsoft cancelled all of Giantbomb's interview with them during E3 because they weren't big enough, it's pretty funny.

On one hand this is a big positive move by Microsoft that's gonna cost them in R&D and infrastructure money.

On the other hand, it would be suicide not to to do this and they still have the DRM built in to the hardware and software. They can turn it around again at any time.

I will wait and see. PS4 is still getting my money first.

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2013, 04:54:49 PM »

ye patrick always gets the goods super early, such a pity hes leaving the bombcast

ps4 still getting my money on launch too

thepuddingcup11

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2013, 06:23:30 PM »

oops, well we have other links now so all good.

Rau Valeth

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2013, 07:17:10 PM »

I honestly don't trust them.  They may have gone back on their previous stance, but it reminds me of ea saying they were going to end the online pass stuff, which ended up just being a precursor of this debacle.  So while it's nice they have backed down I honestly am just left watching to see how they make up for this, which I am sure they will because this is Microsoft we're talking about and history has shown me they will do whatever they can get away with. 

I wish I could be more positive, but they just haven't done anything to get me to trust them.  And the rest of my checklist still remains unchecked.  The system still costs too much, it still forces the use of something that could be used to spy on users at worst and adds nothing of value at best, and it still forces so-called cloud integration which going by what ea used it for on the pc will just be a disguised way of having drm. 

Sony still have my money, and Microsoft have taken one step among a lot of steps they need to take to get my money. 

Suzaku

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2013, 12:01:12 AM »

I still won't be buying an Xbone. Sure, they're removing all the bad crap. But they're also removing some of the good, and for no reason. Gee, thanks.

Plus, it's a less powerful console at a higher price point. So even if MS can achieve feature parity, it's still not worth it for me. Not for Halo, Gears, and Forza....

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2013, 12:55:01 PM »

The prices of the games I think is going to be scary, places like ozgameshop that are generally $30-$40 cheaper than retail have the next gen games listed at $90
Hope that doesn't mean they expect us to pay upwards of $120 a game

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2013, 02:09:20 PM »

Jeez that's scary, EB and the likes have pretty much all the next gen games they dare (only a couple) listed at 110 I really hope that's a cover all bases cost :s

flamingeyebrows

• Captain
  • A few parts short of a full sprue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2013, 12:22:01 AM »

There's no final confirmation on software prices in any regions so those prices are placeholders are essentially projected maximum cost.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF