Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
December 14, 2017, 12:40:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:rx78: Please visit JAPAN TOYS AUSTRALIA For AWESOME PRICES access the site through our banner below! :):rx78:

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: E3 Thread  (Read 6632 times)

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: E3 Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2013, 03:52:21 PM »

couldn't agree more, bloody australia tax hits again, there no reason for the extra $50 at all, im actually really worried that this generation is going to be ridiculously expensive here in aus, in the US theres already speculation that games will jump up in price.

$60 is the current triple AAA blockbuster launch price in the US atm, which as we know ends up being $80-$100 here depending how much jb and eb battle it out, pretty much every developer/manufacturer at E3 has mentioned in some form that making games is expensive and keeping them at $60 will be a challenge, so theres a lot of people saying they are simply prepping the consumers for a price rise, bump it up to $70 in the US and suddenly we will be paying $120 for game :S can only hope the stores here realise the options we have these days and keep the prices down, if not lower them to allow more people to buy!

speaking of options as hemish said ozgameshop here we come, PS4 is completely region locking free :D get all our games through OGS from the UK or US where ever they source em from and wait till EB/JB wake up

thepuddingcup11

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2013, 04:25:14 PM »

its an extra 150 ps4 is 399 in us.
I saw an interesting thing on reddit though, minimum wage in texas= 7.99 australia= 15.99 (or something like that)
so technically it would take less hours of min wage in Australia for some games. 

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2013, 04:52:17 PM »

I saw an interesting thing on reddit though, minimum wage in texas= 7.99 australia= 15.99 (or something like that)
so technically it would take less hours of min wage in Australia for some games. 

Aussie dollar value aside (its practically at parity so yes we should only be paying ~$399) the point was that in the US (and most other places) the ps4 is $100 cheaper then the xbone, with the xbone costing $499 and the ps4 $399, yet in australia the xbone has been priced at $599 and the ps4, for some odd reason, is priced at $549, meaning the difference between the two here is $50 rather then the $100 as it is in the US, not cool.

also i hate that minimum wage excuse, just because our "lower class" could afford what the US could with less work hours put in doesn't mean the price should get boosted, we dont allow australian companies to do that, for example coles is not allowed to mark up products in richer suburbs just because "they can afford it" so why should we allow international companies to do it.

flamingeyebrows

• Captain
  • A few parts short of a full sprue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2013, 08:09:05 PM »

Aussie dollar value aside (its practically at parity so yes we should only be paying ~$399) the point was that in the US (and most other places) the ps4 is $100 cheaper then the xbone, with the xbone costing $499 and the ps4 $399, yet in australia the xbone has been priced at $599 and the ps4, for some odd reason, is priced at $549, meaning the difference between the two here is $50 rather then the $100 as it is in the US, not cool.

also i hate that minimum wage excuse, just because our "lower class" could afford what the US could with less work hours put in doesn't mean the price should get boosted, we dont allow australian companies to do that, for example coles is not allowed to mark up products in richer suburbs just because "they can afford it" so why should we allow international companies to do it.

I definitely agree that they should've kept the 100$ gap between PS4 and the XB1. Keep MS down for good in Aus market as well.

But The minimum wage thing is not an excuse. That's the real value of money, the commodities it buy. Yeah there's the exchange rate but that have interference from Reserve Bank and US gold standard etc. Definitely an improvement from the PS3 which was US 399$ but AU 899$ at launch. Also, it's not like they can magically wish PS4s to materialising in Aus, there's the transport cost. We have an massive physical area for a market that is smaller then some US states, so of course they treat us like the red headed step child. Though, with the r18 rating coming in, lets hope Aus game market get bigger.

The price of games are also hiked up unreasonably, I agree but the same cost of shipping and such come into play as well. What REALLY annoys me is the cost of digital game being hiked up in AUS so the physical retailers like EB can stay competitive. There's no reasona 40$ US digital game cannot be a 40$ Aus digital game. Digital distribution makes more sense in markets like Aus and if outmoded business models go bankrupt for it, so be it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 08:17:43 PM by flamingeyebrows »

thepuddingcup11

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2013, 08:16:41 PM »

i wasnt saying it was a good thing or an excuse, just that it was an interesting note.
I will probably buy mine of ebay or get someone in america to buy it.

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 09:17:59 PM »

The price of games are also hiked up unreasonably, I agree but the same cost of shipping and such come into play as well. What REALLY annoys me is the cost of digital game being hiked up in AUS so the physical retailers like EB can stay competitive. There's no reasona 40$ US digital game cannot be a 40$ Aus digital game. Digital distribution makes more sense in markets like Aus and if outmoded business models go bankrupt for it, so be it.

This, the difference in digital distribution is unforgivable.
There is absolutely no excuse for different prices with this sales model.
If companies can't change the way they do business that's their problem.
I know I can go to ozgameshop and get digital downloads for a good price, a standard new release here is usually somewhere between $90-$110, ozgameshop are under $60, they have free postage and I can have the items in my hands within 2 weeks.
I know there are differences with steam and funnily enough I can get a friend from the US to gift me a game for less than here and without the classification who hah as well.
E3 is about companies showing us whats next and really Sony and Nintendo were great but Microsoft really dropped the ball this time around.
Tom Clancey's Division showed me I need to upgrade my PC soon too :)

flamingeyebrows

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 10:21:48 PM »

I know there are differences with steam and funnily enough I can get a friend from the US to gift me a game for less than here and without the classification who hah as well.

That's how I used to survive Aus game censorship for years. I am an adult, I can handle polygonal zombies bleeding when I shoot them. I am so glad the stupid nanny state changed its stance on that one. :)

Tom Clancey's Division showed me I need to upgrade my PC soon too :)

That did look good. Though if I have to choose one multiplayer shooter I would have gone with Destiny. I do like my loot :)

Oh, the trailer of the Division before the demo was such a scattershot of paranoia and conspiracy it was hilarious! Are we suppose to be scared of governement, terrorism, money with flu on them? LOL. And then the game play had NOTHING to do with anything they said. :P

I am ridiculously excited about Watch_Dogs, second Son, FF XV and Kingdom Hearts 3! It was a good E3 overall. A lot of interesting games and a lot of humour at Microsoft's expense.

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2013, 10:29:27 PM »

Dam i didn't even know that stream trick :(

FFxv looks like it could finally be the game people have wanted since ffx or even before that, although it's copping some ish in Japan, for being Japanese funnily enough

Suzaku

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2013, 12:30:51 AM »

Technically FFXV is the game people wanted since FFXIII, since it's just Versus retitled :P And was shaping up to be the best in that subseries.

I have to say, looking at international console pricing baffles me. The US and Japan seem to have relative price parity, adjusting for the exchange rate, but the UK and Australia really get screwed, with the Eurozone not far behind.

If it's $399 for me, why is it not the same, adjusted for exchange rate, for you? Crazy companies are crazy....

flamingeyebrows

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2013, 03:47:56 AM »

I have to say, looking at international console pricing baffles me. The US and Japan seem to have relative price parity, adjusting for the exchange rate, but the UK and Australia really get screwed, with the Eurozone not far behind.

If it's $399 for me, why is it not the same, adjusted for exchange rate, for you? Crazy companies are crazy....

Companies are not being crazy in this case. As I've said above, they are taking distribution cost and market size into account.

Let's look at the country you mentioned, Japan. As of 2011 they have a population of 127.8 Mil spread out over 377,000 square km. In contrast Australia have 22.3 Mil spread out over massive 7, 650, 000 square km in 2011. You can clearly see it cost a lot more to reach a lot less consumers.

Let's look at actual sales figures. by April 2011 over 6.3 mil PS3 consoles have been sold in Japan. By 2010, only over 770, 000 PS3 consoles are in Australian homes, that's including ones that were given away for free in various promotions. And that was a good figure. Sony was proud of that one.

So we get screwed over because everything that makes our country nice and pleasant to live also make it a ishty entertainment market to crack. Our market is too small. Companies can't take advantage of economies of scale. So clearly digital distribution is best suited for our market. But that would destroy game retails industry who provide a lot of brand visibility and easy publicity especially in such a small market. I mean there are plenty of people who don't know there' a new console generation announced until they see a sign at EB. That's why game companies don't want to destroy the safety net that is physical retail.

So we are gonna be screwed until digital distribution is the norm across the board :( because frankly, these companies are businesses, not charities.

Sorry for the rant. :P I really wish games were cheaper, trust me. Just wanted to point out there's a legit reason they aren't.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 03:49:05 AM by flamingeyebrows »

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2013, 12:09:38 PM »

That was level headed and factual. Nice one Flamebrewskies.

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2013, 01:23:38 PM »

I get what your saying and I understand that the lower population and density means a 1 to 1 price structure doesn't work but I still don't think there should be an artificial rise because our minimum wagers make a little more. I'm not a politician, business man or any way financially knowledgeable though lol

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2013, 03:25:28 PM »

Yeah the density of population in the US is pretty high.
Real men don't LOL!

Wavehawk

• Rear Admiral
  • Some would say I'm the Reverse...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2013, 06:44:04 PM »

All this and nobody mentioned Titanfall?

And NO, it's NOT XBOne exclusive, depsite what MS would have you believe.
"...we haven't been properly introduced..."

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2013, 09:09:52 AM »

its not!, i didnt mention it purely because i though it was a xbone exclusive, its looks alright, who doesn't love pilot-able mechs in battle around here, it does look a lot like COD with mechs though and even the mechs are agile and COD like, now that i know its not exclusive though ill be keeping my eye on it see what its like in the end
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF