Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
December 14, 2017, 12:48:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: E3 Thread  (Read 6634 times)

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
E3 Thread
« on: June 11, 2013, 02:21:30 PM »

open for discussion: the console war that is E3 (and some games too)

Xbone confirmed with 24hour checkin, limited game onselling and a $599 pricetag in aus

PS4 confirmed with none of that stuff and a $549 price tag

games wise
-final fantasy versus rebranded as FFXV, interesting, after such a long dev period one would hope they cant mess it up
-the division, looks like a great time.
-BF4 looking good

thats all ive been able to look at

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile
Re: E3 Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 05:10:28 PM »

Playstation i think and then when the price drops happen maybe an xbone.
I don't like the idea of the the games needing the connection to verify, what happens in time when they ditch the system and shut the servers down and you can't access the games you paid for?
Some interesting looking games coming out too, the trailer for the new Thief game looked good and the one where you try to solve your own murder looked interesting as well

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 05:11:50 PM »

Oh and the demo bit of the new assassins creed looked ok too

flamingeyebrows

• Captain
  • A few parts short of a full sprue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 05:16:44 PM »

Well, it's official. Sony punched Microsoft in the throat and kept kicking them while they are down.

Their announcement about lack of restrictions for used games sales and no online check in for disc based games killed the crowd!

And then they did this. LOL.

I guess my trend of never purchasing a microsoft console continues. Shame! I was hoping they convince me this generation.

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 05:25:08 PM »

that video is a hilarious middle finger to m$

im with hemish, ps4 on launch and then an xbone down the track, i also dont like the idea of needing the internet, even the 24 check in will be terrible, took me 3 weeks to get my internet hooked up at my latest rental fun, i wouldnt be able to play games for 2 weeks and 6 days :S

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 05:59:55 PM »

BURN!!!

LOL Sony it seems wins this round :)

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 06:24:35 PM »

They've won me and my gaming circle it seems, they were all going to just stick with the Xbox simply because that's what we are all on now so easy friend transfers etc but it's all been second guessed and questioned

Rau Valeth

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 09:08:01 PM »

I've been in panic mode ever since the Xbox One announcement because I feared the Playstation 4 would follow suit.  and then they drop this info, I'm so euphoric at the moment I feel I could fly to the moon. And at that price I may even be sold on a launch purchase, I'll wait and see what comes out with it before saying anything definite about that however.  Final Fantasy XV definitely has my attention, however with Lightning Returns still yet to come out I have a feeling in my gut it will be another couple of years before we see it released.  Oh well, I can wait, it will only mean the PS4 gets cheaper.

But I will never buy a Xbox One.  I can safely say that without a second thought after this E3.  I will never support a system that a company can literally kill with the flick of a switch.  The 24 hour check means that once they move on to the next system they can at any time ax the old one, and every single game on it ceases to work.  That sort of thing is completely not okay in my books, and also means every single cent spent on the thing has basically been flushed down the toilet.  Given it is owned by Microsoft I also have extreme doubts about their motives for such a system, and it may sound like I'm wearing a tin hat but I think it would be completely within their character to kill their old system to force people on to the new one a year or two after the release of the next system.

That sort of control over how a consumer is just not on in my books.  Perhaps never it too strong a word however.  Ditch the DRM, reduce the price, get rid of the cloud support which I strongly suspect is just disguised DRM itself, get some games I'm interested in and I can easily change my tune.  As it is however Microsoft have lost any chance at my money, and not only that but because of what I see as simply treating the consumer as if they're the crooks they also have a bit of my ill will. 

Now for Nintendo.  I hope to see a price cut from them on the Wii U, and some showing of their traditional games.  Some dates and a price cut and I'll be a happy camper. 

Jimmy The Guz

• Commander
  • Play some SLAYER!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 11:28:22 PM »

Microsoft has officially buried themselves with their next gen console.  I think the majority of Xbox gamers worldwide will feel cheated by Microsofts policies.  People may buy it, but the PS4 is what most gamers I've spoken too will be moving on to.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 11:31:23 PM by Jimmy The Guz »

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 01:08:30 AM »

well got to discussing the next gen with the guys i regularly play on, 360 atm, and they are all aboard the ps4 train, even the ones who arent as into gaming as the rest of us know whats up and are against the xbone, pretty crazy levels of hate, forza is probably the only thing keeping some people on board for the xbone but even they are saying ps4 on launch xbone later to get forza lol

@rau valeth, im with ya mate i was worried sony would follow suit because why not m$ already took the sword, so glad they didnt

Suzaku

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 02:14:53 AM »

Sony won this one hands down. PS4 for me. Coupled with Microsoft throwing money at devs to not mention that their games are on PS4 in the same breath as the Xbone, well....

Also, Kingdom Hearts 3! Yay!

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 09:17:13 AM »

The burning question is what next gen Gundam games are in the pipeline?

LOL@ Sony's troll of MS. All these gamers freaking out about restrictions and Sony just pulls the rug out from under Microsoft. Biggest troll evar. ;D

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 09:45:23 AM »

havent seen any gundam games for next gen yet, gundam breaker is coming soon but not next gen, dynasty warriors 8 is coming (not sure if next gen too) but a gundam dynasty warriors game may follow... whether any gundam games are in english will be the question, good thing the ps4 isnt region locked either lol

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 10:06:56 AM »

Definite bonus, or continuation of existing plus. There's almost certain to be Japanese games for PS4.

thepuddingcup11

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 11:49:08 AM »

battefront 3??
kingdom hearts 3??
and destiny???
bla bla xbone sucks what ever, we know that. Lets discuss the games. :De
watch the destiny trailer if you haven't yet looks pretty awesome. here is  my prediction.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF