Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
November 23, 2019, 02:07:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: The Sprue Lagoon: Gundams and more!  (Read 8489 times)

Mechworker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
The Sprue Lagoon: Gundams and more!
« on: March 28, 2013, 10:29:01 AM »

Hello all!

I've been a modeller since 1987 and a Gundam Modeller since about 1995. There's something about those little plastic robots  that I can't help but love! It's nice to find a place where everyone else feels the same, too!

I own a website called The Sprue Lagoon, where I display my finished kits, do some out of box reviews, and generally whatever else comes to mind. I build cars, planes, Sci-fi (Gundam and others) figures and even just started a submarine! My site is always being updated with stuff I'm working on or have in the stash, so please go and take a look around!

Each kit has a full review on it, and all you have to do is click the link below the picture of any kit and it will take you to the appropriate page

Let me know what you think, too!

Jimmy The Guz

• Commander
  • Play some SLAYER!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Sprue Lagoon: Gundams and more!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 11:06:31 AM »

Nice site Mechworker.  Clean and simple. 

Mechworker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 11:59:20 AM »

Thanks, Jimmy!

I'm glad that there are people out there who like it.

I try to update it relatively regularly too, so there will hopefully be new stuff to look at when people stop by.

I hope people are clicking the links so that they can see all the pictures I have of the mecha (and everything else, too!).

Shaid

• GA Staff
  • Commodore
  • Inappropriate avatars for the win!
    • View Profile
    • Gunblog!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 12:39:14 PM »

Haven't looked at the site since I'm at work and am supposed to be working (and yet you're on a forum, Shaid, hey?), but the name is awesome. ;)

Mechworker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 10:01:48 PM »

I know the feeling; I've done that in the past...  ;D

I hope you get to take  a look at the site, and that you enjoy what I've got up!

Mechworker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Another Holiday MS!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 07:40:38 AM »

Well, itís officially the start of the Christmas Season, and to those who celebrate it, itís a pretty awesome time of year.  Not content to simply have a Santa Gundam, Reindeer and Sled, I decided I needed to round things out with what else? An Elf, of course!

Check out my 1/144 Elf Mech, a pint-sized Santaís Helper just in time for the holidays! Where is this all going?? Well, what if I told you that I also have a piece of wood for a base, and some fake snow?  Stay tuned!

Epimethius

• Commodore
  • *Insert joke about Balls here*
    • View Profile
Re: Another Holiday MS!
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 08:05:22 AM »

very cool
ďIt may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first." Miyamoto Musashi

Mechworker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Another Holiday MS!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 10:40:17 AM »

Thanks man.

That little kit has a tonne of potential. However, I have a feeling this may be the only "elf" version of it around!

Mechworker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Christmas Hovertruck
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 09:06:19 AM »

The final piece in my Gundam Christmas Diorama is now done! To round things out I took one of the 1/144 HGUC Type 74 hover trucks and turned it into a present delivery vehicle. Now thereís a way to get the presents to the Sled Jabber without having to walk them there!

Take a look at the final piece of the puzzle here:

http://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/mecha-robots/bandai-1144-type-74-hover-truck-north-pole-express/

Mod edit: this has been moved from the Catapult. Please post pictures if you want your items to appear in the Catapult.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 12:48:30 PM by thegunny »

Mechworker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Gundam Christmas Do - now with a base!
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 12:52:27 PM »

Even with all five components done, the Gundam Christmas Diorama project I was working on just didnít seem complete without a base.

So, with a bit of fake snow, a nice board and, of course, a bit of yuletide magic, I created the perfect setting for a 1/144 collection of Christmas-inspired mobile suits.  Now I can finally say that this is a done deal, ready for display this year and forever.  Iím sure any yuletide visitors will think Iím nuts. You be the judge, and check it out here:

http://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/2013/12/19/all-your-base-are-belong-to-santa/

Mechworker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
G1 Megatron Conversion from MG Ez-8
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 08:08:06 AM »

For me, itís always been about the giant robots. No matter how many I see, I still love them. The first ones, though, that sucked me into this whole thing were the original Transformers, back from 1984! I donít think Iím alone in fondly remembering being in awe of both the show and the toys back when they first came out.

However, while Hasbro keeps making nicer TF toys for us all to buy, there arenít any really good KITS of the robots from Transformers. So, whatís a TF Fan whoís also an avid modeller supposed to do? The answer, of course, is just convert a Gundam to a Transformer!

It wasnít as easy as it sounded, but I gave it a shot by converting the MG 1/100 Ez-8 into a representation of G1 Megatron. http://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/bandai-1100-master-grade-gundam-ez-8-megatron/. This was one of those projects that took a while to forumulate, but once I had the idea, it was a lot of fun. I just wish there were more TFs that looked enough like Gundams to do it to!

Enjoy, and just remember : ďItís over, Prime!Ē

Mechworker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 11:12:59 PM »

You can tell Iíve been jonsing for a new Dovenwolf for some time, since I got right into this kit the second I got it! Normally, things have to ruminate ďin the stashĒ for a while before I pull them out, but not so for this guy!

Eventhough the machine is supposed to be a sleeves unit, I really wanted to do a ZZ-type green Dovenwolf, so thatís exactly what I did! It is a beautiful kit that is amazingly different from its quarter century-older version, and itís amazing just now nicely the folks at Bandai managed to restyle and tune up the design for modern times.

Check it out at the link below, and as always, any feedback is appreciated!

http://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/mecha-robots/bandai-1144-amx-014-dovenwolf-zzed-unicorn-ver/

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 09:45:08 AM »

that reminds me alot of patlabor stuff, i like it though

Mechworker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 07:07:08 AM »

One great thing about getting a nice, new  HGUC kit is seeing how it stacks up against the old version of itself. Usually, youíd think that the new kit would be better, and youíd be right, of course. However, whatís really interesting is seeing just how the folks at Bandai/Sunrise have tweaked an old design to fit the modern aesthetic.

When I got my HGUC Dovenwolf, I was very excited, because the original was one of the first Gundam kits Iíd ever built. I was eager to finish it and not only see how far my skills had come, but also to see how the design had evolved.

Thankfully, Iím able to say that I have gotten better in the past 15 years of modelling. As much as Iíve changed, though, so has the Dovenwolf! The new one is actually almost completely different from the original, despite being extremely similar! Confused? Well, the best way to describe it is just to show it to you!

Iíve put up some interesting comparison pictures of the new vs. the old, so you can see just how things have changed.  Just as the new Jegan kit leaves the old one in the dust, so too does the Dovenwolf! Check out the head-to-head competition below!

http://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/2014/04/25/dovenwolf-vs-dovenwolf-beauty-before-age/

Mechworker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2014, 08:21:25 AM »

There are an awful lot of mech animes that take themselves pretty seriously. That makes building kits from those shows seem more ďlegitĒ, since, letís face it, war is a serious business.  Heck, even the comedic mech shows can tend to delve into the darker side of things once the giant robots start fighting.

Thatís one thing thatís great about Keroro Gunso (Sgt. Frog); it NEVER seems to take ANYTHING seriously! This irreverence is makes building a kit from this show a lot of fun. However, what happens when you apply serious skill to a kit thatís more akin to a toy? Well, I decided to find out!

Check out my 1/12 Keroro Robo Mk. II. Itís a comedic fighting machine that I built seriously, for fun. Huh?  Yeah, I know, it doesnít make a lot of sense, but it was a lot of fun!
http://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/mecha-robots/bandai-112-keroro-robo-ii/

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF