Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
April 26, 2017, 04:21:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:rx78: Please visit JAPAN TOYS AUSTRALIA For AWESOME PRICES access the site through our banner below! :):rx78:

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]

Author Topic: Not Just for Show! - The Nu Gundam ver. Ka Gauntlet [RULES UPDATED 12/17/12]  (Read 63272 times)

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia

2 minutes to spare Buster!! On the razor's edge mate. Well done!

I'll contact HLJ about prizes once you blog the wrap up, I will repost on GAF blog and send them a link to check it out.

lupes

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • It's A Gundaaaam!

Gaijin Gunpla

• G-Shot Judges
  • Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Gaijin Gunpla

Finally finish it.

http://gundamaustralia.com/forum/index.php?topic=3786.0

This is the greatest thing I have ever seen anywhere ever.

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile

Great write up lupes!

Derringer

• G-Shot Judges
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Hmmmah I didn't make it in time, but I still plan to finish my Nu this year. =)

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia

That was a great write up Lupes, thank you. I LOL'd @ "people think I'm Australian".

Buster that was an awesome back story. Definitely looking forward to seeing the 4.20 fully loaded out.

I have reposted at GA Blog along with a few words, links, and thank you's: GAF Gauntlet 3 Blog Wrap Up Post

Big respect and massive thank you to Lupes for heading up another incredible Gauntlet. Anyone who has followed the goings on at GAF over the years will know that with each Gauntlet we have achieved an amazing level of quality with all finishers, and this is no exception. In fact this is my favourite selection of finished kits to date and I find it impossible to pick a favourite. They are all just that good.

Monumental thanks to Fury for the Gundam Schemer Apps .. Amazing work. God tier.

Thank you to our sponsors Hobbylink Japan for your continued support. Show your gratitude by clicking our banner and buying some Gunpla! :)

Thank you to all of the participants in The Gauntlet 3.0 Congratulations guys you have officially blown me away.

A special shoutout to Derringer for his Nu comparison topic "The Nuseum" showcasing three generations of Nu Kits. I love a good comparison and Derringer's thread was highly detailed and very interesting to read. Thanks for your contribution to the forum mate!

Finally thank you to all of the members of the Gundam Australia Forum. You are the Australian Gunpla community and it is your participation and enthusiasm that makes GAF a great place to be.

I will have some confirmation on the prizes for you guys as soon as HLJ get back to me.

Now could someone trawl the last 30 something pages and come up with a complete list of finishers for all categories? Did we have any speed/hyperspeed finishers? Also can you let me know who is judging the winners? I hope it isn't me! Perhaps we could put it to a poll and let GAF choose? Who didn't quite make it? I seem to remember a couple of very nice looking builds along the way.. Flamebrows?

;D

lupes

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • It's A Gundaaaam!

Aside from the ones listed in the blog post, Flamebrows, Xenomorph and MamoruMiyano came close to the finish line- they're all right there on the cusp of having the kit finished but are missing a few things here and there (or in the case of MamoruMiyano, a "finished" post? That kit looks pretty well done in the last WIP post!).

Speed style entrants both finished, Joe @ 15.5 hrs and Targ @ ..no bag picture posted, so I don't think we can actually count that one? I can get a time though, I'm sure.

Hyperspeed times (for straightbuild, prepaint) are as follows:

Lupes- 10.75 hrs
GaiGun- 7.75 hrs

No one else had timestamped pictures. :(

I think a poll is a good way to go for the voting on this one- a  lot of folks were involved with it and hell, the OP post even says "As decided by YOU, GAF!".

Wolfman X

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile

this has been a very fun group build for me since the rezel gb. would love to join more in the future :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 01:51:19 AM by Wolfman X »
Aka: Wolfman, Wolfie, WMX, Wolfenhiem.

zenma5ter

• Mr. Boom Shakalaka
  • Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • Life > Gunpla
    • View Profile

Fuuuhhh, amazing! Well done guys for finishing with top notch standards!
What is inexpressible is inexhaustible in its use.

Joe

• Lieutenant
  • I am not a "little prince".
    • View Profile
    • Joe's Gunpla

I've seen some truly inspirational work here, everyone!  Great job!  I especially love the Zeta III and Titans themed paint jobs, but everyone did some great work with this kit.

Cheers, everyone!
Until Next Time: Happy Building!

My YouTube Channel
Follow me on Twitter: @JoesGunpla
My Facebook Page: Joe's Gunpla

Collection: 499 kits
Backlog: 213 kits

Busterbeam

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Plamo Addiction

yeah fantastic work everyone.  really happy that i could participate in this.  a great learning experience for me and very honoured to be working alongside such awesome modelers!  you guys put me to shame!

lupes

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • It's A Gundaaaam!

Just a quick post to let you guys know that a poll WILL be going up for people to vote on for their favorites, I'm just waiting on the from the man Sonar what's going on prize-wise before making said polls.

Quote from: Sonar
I asked for some things that weren't released yet or said order stop so they asked me to contact them again when they were in stock. I checked this week & will check again next week.

If ANYONE CAN HELP GATHER EXIF DATA FOR THE SPEED CATEGORIES, I WOULD MUCH APPRECIATE IT. The speed builds didn't see a lot of activity and it's a bit tough to see who took how long, as mentioned in a previous post I only have times for a very small number of people. I'll be making separate polls for the categories that have enough entrants finished to prevent clutter and confusion. Thank you for being patient everyone!

MamoruMiyano

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Uh oh, I haven't checked this in a while. Sorry guys, I was so busy in the past 4 months, I had to drop every gunpla matters, uni stuffs and part-time work kinda shoved craps on me. I'm glad at least I can bring the Nu to the final stage. Will post the result as soon as I have time to finish it. Cheers !!! And grats to all the winner !! Well done !

"The machine to end the war. It's the Gundam Setsuna had hoped for.. 00 Qan[t]"
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF