Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
December 21, 2014, 08:13:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
hlj.com

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35

Author Topic: Not Just for Show! - The Nu Gundam ver. Ka Gauntlet [RULES UPDATED 12/17/12]  (Read 30268 times)

lupes

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • It's A Gundaaaam!

EDIT: RULES UPDATED 12/17/13!

Banner care of the ever-awesome zenma5ter!

The Nu Gundam ver. Ka is easily the biggest kit that we've seen this year (especially since there's no new PG kit) and since I haven't started a group build yet (GaiGun had the Unicorn GB and Busterbeam kicked off the PG Strike Freedom) I think it's high time I get on that. Considering most gunpla builders I know are all hot on the Nu I think it makes a perfect kit to do this with! For those of you just joining us, you can order the kit over at HobbyLink Japan! Best hurry because this kit is selling out fast in all of the popular places!

The deadline for ALL ENTRIES is the END OF MARCH. I've found that GBs with a countdown tend to be even more fun and push us as builders to create something amazing without taking 3 years (hello, PG Wing Zero). Winter may be upon us but I believe in everyone's ability to work around that to create something outstanding, of if you're really unable to paint the kit there are other categories that won't involve painting. We're really trying to make this something the majority of GAF can get in to! The actual deadline will become more concrete once HLJ starts shipping orders out, that way we don't wind up with some of us having considerably less time to build due to potential stock issues (it's already listed as backordered! whoa!).

Here's the Gundam Schemer app for the Nu ver Ka, wonderfully done up by the man himself, fury-s12. In his own words:

"...all ready to start your designing in the comfort of your web browser.
ive tried to get a balance of easy scheming and good color separation in the vain of the RG line, if you so desire, so theres about 150 separate color-able areas,about 30ish more then the delta plus version, the eagle eyed players will notice the coming soon, ive left the shading out of this version in an effort to get this edition out before the kit starts shipping (TODAY!!!), that will be added eventually.
Anyway get designing and then get painting! dont forget to save and share your designs."

In order to get as many folks involved with the GB as we can we've got a slew of different categories for entrants to compete in with their own set of rules.

SPEED STYLE
RULES:
A race between straight builders to see who can finish building the Nu Gundam fastest and have a simple straightbuild that exemplifies the basics of gunpla. OOB by nature, this one is for those of us who can't find the time or aren't comfortable painting kits! Fastest completed kit wins a prize, so don't break open the plastic the second you get it, we will need exif stamped pics of the runners still in their bags! Extra points for panel lines and decals. The builder with the shortest amount of time (as in, between exif stamped parts still in bags to exif stamped completed kit) between when their kit was started and when it's completed takes this one.

Sonar
TagrasticF91
Joe

HYPERSPEED STYLE
RULES:
Everyone is eligible to enter that one. Just has to be completely assembled, properly denubbed, nicely photographed, and posed in a way that makes me think you are some sort of aesthetics demigod. Even if you're entering the open or newtype styles you can enter this as well. Consider this category a firestarter for those of us who are going to be painting our kits as well.

Lupes
Shaid
Hemish
Epimethius
Falldog

(OPEN) GANGNAM STYLE!
RULES:
This is your standard fare for builds. You can do whatever you like for this category. Paint it in stock colors or your own custom colors, mod things here and there, do something outrageous with weathering or other building techniques. Anything goes here! Best in show wins it, as decided by YOU: GAF!

Falldog
Xenomorph
thepuddingcup11
Wolfman X
Fury-s12
Hemish
Gaijin-Gunpla
khai62
Gundam Guy
ASM
MamoruMiyano
Epimethius
Derringer
Busterbeam
asian1skill
Torquamedus
flamingeyebrows

NEWTYPE STYLE
RULES:
Kit must be colored in the theme of one of Amuro's old mobile suits. Best execution of theme takes the pony. Multiple people can take a crack at the same colorscheme. Here are the suit/schemes eligible for this category:

• RX-78-2 Gundam
  • RX-75 Guntank
  • RX-77-2 Guncannon
  • RX-78-3 G3 Gundam
  • RX-78-NT1 Gundam "Alex" (counting it since it was intended for him)
  • MSZ-006-3A Zeta Gundam [Karaba Air Force use]
  • MSZ-006A1 Zeta Plus A1
  • MSK-008 Dijeh
  • RGZ-91 Re-GZ
  • RX-93-2 Hi-Nu Gundam

If any knows of any other official suits that have documentation of being piloted by or intended for Amuro, just let me know and I can add it to the list.

Karaba Air Force colors - Lupes
Hi-Nu colors - BabyTheEnd
Zeta Plus A1 colors - Shaid

Of course, nothing this monstrous is going to go without prizes! Sonar is the man on point with this and he is currently talking to the wonderful sponsors of GAF to see what we can get. In his own words:

Quote from: Sonar
It will be something like MG, RG, HG and we will aim for what's going to be released around the time of the GB conclusion so until release dates are confirmed I usually hold off on the prize announcements. Mystery prize/secret prizes to be revealed closer to GB close, but rest assured they'll be brand spanking new releases!

If you're still on the fence for one reason or another, taking a good hard look at Gaijin-Gunpla's awesome first look at this beast and get yourself off of that fence and in to the GB! With kits likely arriving within the next few days for everyone this GB is about to kick off with the force of a colony drop!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:29:38 AM by lupes »

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile
Re: Not Just for Show! - The Nu Gundam ver. Ka Group Build
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 05:11:32 PM »

The not stock colours was a good idea, the paint it in only the heroes other suit colours, mmmm not so good, will have to pass on this one :(

thepuddingcup11

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 05:28:44 PM »

what about zeta 3A, he also has piloted a guntank, guncannon and Re-GZ

Xenomorph

• Commander
  • Whoop!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 05:50:58 PM »

The Zeta 3A is the Karaba Air force colours which is already up there :P
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 05:51:36 PM by Xenomorph »
Fear the Facehugger!

Fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 07:01:14 PM »

You should hit up sonar mate he's got something in the works for this kit pretty sure it's the first part of your idea, the anything but stock colors, which I like heaps to, also I have a color schemer on the go for the GB ;)

thepuddingcup11

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 07:20:12 PM »

The Zeta 3A is the Karaba Air force colours which is already up there :P
oh derp, didn't make the connection.

lupes

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • It's A Gundaaaam!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 10:58:12 PM »

The not stock colours was a good idea, the paint it in only the heroes other suit colours, mmmm not so good, will have to pass on this one :(

Eh, we figured since the Nu was Amuro's ultimate mobile suit (as far as animation was concerned) it would be interesting to see what people could do with the schemes from the other suits he's used. It's all good!

Added the last three. Goes to show you how long it's been since I watched 0079, haha.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:59:25 PM by lupes »

Wavehawk

• Rear Admiral
  • O Galileo! Galileo! Galileo Let me go!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 09:20:27 AM »

Not joining, but I'm curious to see a Nu Gundam in Dijeh colors...

Also, according to some sources (not verified), the Zetaplus A1 was given a red color scheme and Amuro's "A" mark, but wasn't actually piloted by Amuro, ever.
Don't ask Caboose to help me!

MamoruMiyano

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 09:52:32 AM »

Not really joining (due to my lack of skills :P), but if I may to give some result of my brainstorming lol.

PS: I am going with Original color with mine, but who knows I might change my mind again  ;D

"The machine to end the war. It's the Gundam Setsuna had hoped for.. 00 Qan[t]"

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 10:41:27 AM »

We will definitely go ahead with this. Thanks for taking point Sarge. We might add an additional couple of categories to make it fun for everyone as I mentioned in the thread I made hyping the Nu ver. ka.

Sit tight and let me look over it again. We were looking at the possibility of some prizes and an update to the Delta plus schemer app as well so stay tuned!

lupes

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • It's A Gundaaaam!
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 11:30:55 AM »

We will definitely go ahead with this. Thanks for taking point Sarge. We might add an additional couple of categories to make it fun for everyone as I mentioned in the thread I made hyping the Nu ver. ka.

Sit tight and let me look over it again. We were looking at the possibility of some prizes and an update to the Delta plus schemer app as well so stay tuned!

Other categories would be good! I was talking to Gundam Beginner about some stuff when BTE and I first ironed the details out but that's a very tentative thing, hence why I didn't want to make a point of it. Once you get the additional stuff set in stone, let me know and I will amend the first post!

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 08:30:31 PM »

10-4 good buddy! ;)

Fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 08:12:15 AM »

well we've already got a couple saying they would be more inclined if there were a category that didn't restrict color schemes, me included :D so i rekon there something there, im surprised no ones brought a certain gauntlet for this kit :P

lupes

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • It's A Gundaaaam!
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 10:59:02 AM »

well we've already got a couple saying they would be more inclined if there were a category that didn't restrict color schemes, me included :D so i rekon there something there, im surprised no ones brought a certain gauntlet for this kit :P

3 month time frame and a banned stock colorscheme (I like more than open and EXTRA mode, but I think that's probably what we'll wind up with) give it a very similar ruleset as the gauntlet..I'll have to add that word in there when I update the first post with the new rules.

Shaid

• GA Staff
  • Commodore
  • Inappropriate avatars for the win!
    • View Profile
    • Gunblog!
Re: Not Just for Show! - The Nu Gundam ver. Ka Gauntlet
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 01:44:37 PM »

Don't forget tonnes of EXPLOSIONS.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35

hlj.com

genteikits.com