Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
January 24, 2020, 01:37:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Possible gundam movie incoming???  (Read 2760 times)

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
Possible gundam movie incoming???
« on: November 29, 2012, 09:55:03 PM »

interesting bit of news flashing across my reader from gundam guy, a bunch of domains such as gundam-movie.com gundammovie.com have been registered by sony pictures, no more details or official announcements but web domain registering usually means the movie is all but gauranteed.

it makes sense too the new neon gen just obliterated Japanese box office records and shorter length efforts are thr go at the moment so a movie makes alot of sense, perhaps the most interesting thing though is that the domains are registered to sony pictures sony's american brand so a full proper english version seems to be on the cards.

anyway lets all get our hopes up and discuss

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
Re: Possible gundam movie incoming???
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 10:28:13 PM »

Wouldn't get too excited just yet. I heard on the radio the other day that Sony along with Panasonic have just had their credit ratings downgraded to junk, so unless someone else is going to stump up the cash it could be a while before anything happens.
Real men don't LOL!

shadow298

• Rear Admiral
  • UNLEASH THE GUAN
    • View Profile
    • And the Geek Shall Inherit the Earth blog
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 06:11:08 AM »

Wouldn't get too excited just yet. I heard on the radio the other day that Sony along with Panasonic have just had their credit ratings downgraded to junk, so unless someone else is going to stump up the cash it could be a while before anything happens.

That's Sony electronics, not Sony Entertainment (technically different companies).

this might be the long awaited Origins project. Hopefully not the movie version of ZZ.
"Ego futurus. ut est totus"

-I Exist. That Is All

for geek related goodness, check out these: @andthegeekshall
http://andthegeekshallinherit.tumblr.com/
http://andthegeekshall.wordpress.com/

cobraleader

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Cobraleader's Workbench
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 07:55:28 PM »

Gundam Seed or Destiny .... that would be cool ...
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows him?

Wavehawk

• Rear Admiral
  • Some would say I'm the Reverse...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 09:08:17 PM »

G-Savior remake/reissue.

...and the fandom screamed as one in unearthly horror...
"...we haven't been properly introduced..."

flamingeyebrows

• Captain
  • A few parts short of a full sprue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 01:49:34 AM »

I think as far as making a gundam movie that's palatable for hollywood consumption, the original Mobile Suit Gundam with some HEAVY changes or a Gundam 00 without the alien bits.

I personally think a 00 trilogy would have the most chance of financial and critical success. Hear me out, this will be a bit of a rant.

The anti-war message and global conflicts setting is more relevant than ever. Set it about 20/30 years in the future. Have the three major blocks of power thing as a post-international organisations political environment. The space elevators and resulting solar energy as a post-fossil fuel precious resource and political capital that can be used as diplomatic trump card is perfect. Employ Setsuna's child solider background in the correct way to get the critic to at least give it a chance and not just dismiss it as a giant robot action movie.

Creation of the Gundams must be analogous to the development of the atomic bomb. Mobile suits are Arial bombing technology to the Gundams' manhattan project. Celestial Being want to play the nuclear deterrent game but what follow is the worst case scenario version of a (not) cold war. Don't cheapen the mobile suits by treating them as potential toy sales. That means maximum two to three iteration of grunt suits and just one of each Celestial Being Gundams per movie.

First movie begin with the first scene of the anime except extended to about 5 min. Insert Lockon in there as a one of the 'peace seeking force' deployed by one of the power blocks to pacify the civil war kid Setsuna was fighting in. This is to keep on message that war is terrible for everyone involved not just those manipulated by the 'bad guys'. Make Setsuna wipe out Lockon's squad including his twin brother (stay with me) but they don't meet face to face. This will replace the bombing of Lockon parent's from the anime as the secret Al sanchez reveal to create tension between. End with the 0 Gundam taking out all the combatant MS. Pull a 'Dark Knight' and release this scene as the trailer. Leave in the religious brainwashing of young Setsuna to rile up controversy and publicity.

First movie goes from Celestial Being's first public intervention and follow the world's inital response to them. Focus is on the Princess and Setsuna's former country conflict. End with the 3 power blocks forming a UN global force as a reaction to CB.

Second movie begin with CB and the Global government at an uneasy stalemate. The 30 GN drives and the creation of the A-LAWS set the plot in motion. This is the dark middle chapter. Doubt in CB as to whether they were ever meant to succeed at all or just the catalyst to create a global governement under Aoelia's plan. It end with the A-LAWS raid on the CB ship, Lockon dead and the miesters scattered. Real 'Empire Strikes back' downer ending.

Third movie starts 4 years later, everyone involved with CB has been presume dead or missing. On the surface the world is better but underneath A-Law rule with an iron fist. In the past year or so there are rumours of a rouge MS twarting A-LAWS' more questionable activities but they have information control so it's just regarded by hopeful tall tales in the face of oppression. Routine suppression by A-LAW get interrupted by Setsuna in a damaged Gundam and remnant of CB who came out of hiding to confirm a rumour that he is still alive. This movie follow CB reforming to take out A-LAWS new orbital weapon. Don't bring back a Lockon replacement, cz thats cheap. Allelujah's little gf should be CB's new miester, not just his support. Remnants of the former three power blocks join forces with CB to take out the A-LAWS in a final battle. It end with anticipation rather then a happy ending. A-LAWS is destroyed and there is hope that the remnants of major power will co-operate to focus on exploring further out into the universe rather then internal conflict. Setsuna dies at the end, he is a soldier born and bred there is no place for him in the new world.

Give each movie subtitles. make it Gundam 00: Limbo, Gundam 00: Inferno or Pandemonium, and Gundam 00: Celestial. Grandiose and pretencious, I know but we'd need to get the idea across that this ain't Michael Bay's Transformers.

Things to stay away from. No Aliens. If a nod must be done, do the alien whale fossil thing from SEED in one of the Aoelia videos.
No trinity team. I know they are Mr Hyde to CB's Dr Jekyll but not enough time and there's no need.
No Sanji and his stupid GF. The raiser system make no sense in a military context. Why would you launch it seperately and combine immediately. You'd just build it into the new model.
Don;t make Allejendro and Ribbon, Bond villains. Make them people with good intentions, misguided and corrupted by power.
Keep Veda to a minimum. Rethink the whole innovator thing. 'Newtype nonsense' thing is gundam series' weakest logic points, I feel. If it must be kept in to respect the source, move it closer to original MSG's newtypes (before the whole Lalah, Bull thing where it get nonsensical) or Seed's genetially engineered humans things.
And the most important of all, Princess don't get to sing. :P

That was a long rant. Sorry. :P Maybe at least one of you will read it and tell me the ishtiness of my ideas. :P

thepuddingcup11

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 06:49:28 AM »

thats was, actually pretty cool. I just want to know what a 00 ms would look like not cartoon.

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 09:57:54 PM »

Been thinking about that for a while flaming lol nice ideals though but there's no way a Gundam movie will be anything but the original Rx v zaku scenario, a new story to be sure but I'd be surprised if char didn't at least show up

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 10:48:30 AM »

Tl;dr ;D

I kinda wondered when hollywood would have a go at it. Hope they keep the vision of the original writers in mind and its not just a cg hamfest.

Rau Valeth

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 11:23:23 PM »

Hmm, an anime franchise getting a western movie adaption...given the track record for this type of thing and the way the west handled Gundam in the past I don't have any faith that this will turn out well.  Still, it could be interesting to see what approach they will take with it, will they focus on the space elements of the ground war elements?  Will they focus on the whole human conflicts part of things or will they choose to bring in aliens?   

tristan

• Rear Admiral
  • Backlog Smacklog...... he he he, Im a rear admiral
    • View Profile
    • Cheese and Spam
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 07:27:57 PM »

They gotta do G-Gundam.....I mean, c'mon!!

That or 08th Team would be awesome

and @wavehawk...Id watch a G-Saviour remake just for ishs and giggles!
www.tristanforsyth.com (site online 10am-10pm) Gundam and other J Culture stuff combined with my mundane take on life, infrequently updated!
“The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it”
"All Gunplas are good, they are meant to feed our childhood dream of robot fantasy we didn't surrender to reality after growing up." (NK)
Pages: [1]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF