Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
July 23, 2019, 07:09:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Animasia Melbourne  (Read 23175 times)

TheGhostofZeon

• GAF Commodore
  • Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
    • The Ghost of Zeon
Re: Animasia Melbourne
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2011, 05:05:08 PM »

Animasia is a good store but I find it disappointing that they don't seem to be into promotion of the hobby like Zomster and Tokyo Underground.

I would love to see a Victorian heat like the very successful Perth and Brisbane heats but I doubt it would happen anytime soon. Sure, they ran one at last years Armageddon Expo, but it was poorly promoted and organised.

Oh well, can only hope hey.....

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2011, 07:44:23 PM »

GAF is more than wiling to support and contribute to a GBWC VIC 2012 final. Email me.

TheGhostofZeon

• GAF Commodore
  • Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
    • The Ghost of Zeon
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2011, 08:35:09 PM »

Manifest would be an ideal spot for a heat in Victoria. Alan might be the man! :D

GS_Zaku2

• Lieutenant Commander
  • If all else fails, get a Zaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2011, 12:33:15 AM »

I am not going to bother questioning how Manifest got named lol... But from mpaho there isn't that must events in Victoria for a GBWC heat. But knowing we have the Model Expo in Queens Birthday weekend and Manifest in August 2012, you might have some luck and which would mean Alan needs to do some paperwork to Manifest to see if they are happy to let it run in their event.
SJ Brennan-Dunn

TheGhostofZeon

• GAF Commodore
  • Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
    • The Ghost of Zeon
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2011, 06:42:23 AM »

I had suggested Model Expo to Rhyan a few times but not sure if it would go ahead there or not now there is a dedicated Mecha category.

sleepymonk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2011, 02:25:11 PM »

this is kind of a weird and selfish question but does anyone know if Animasia at the moment has a 1/100 scale Avalanche Exia? I wanted to do a ridiculous colour scheme with it

mokana_man

• Rear Admiral
  • Mecha Workshop Melbourne
    • View Profile
    • Mokana man @ youtube
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2011, 03:04:19 AM »

Please be a bit kinder to Animasia as much as the management is different to other states in the way of hosting a Vic GBWC and online marketing. If it wasn't for them we would not have a Mecha Workshop Melbourne or Model expo catagory. It is not an attack on you guys but I do not want to be caught out talking behind steves back as he is extremely sensitive about the stores image.

I comfirmed with Rhyan the only way of hosting a VIC GBWC is though Animasia and at the monent Mecha Workshop has no plans in Hosting one due to difficulties. Manifest is after Smash and is extremely diffcult in dealing with the committees politics and there lack of interest in us. Plus who wants to pay for $50 weekend tickets just for a model show.

Our best bet is model expos resources and easy access (few dollars at the door) they would even let me hand pick judges and customize the rules to suit for our category. Only down side is making me responsable in getting the winner to Sydney if the modeler doesn't want to attend and getting Animasia's apporival.

One last idea is hosting our own event with Manifest funding which could be amazing.

This is my bind and I'm more then happy to accept GOZ and Sonar's help. I would like this to be a public conversation over PM's/ emails as we all should have a say.
Success belongs to those who are too stupid to give up!
http://www.youtube.com/user/mokanaman

rantinan

• Lieutenant
  • MMW Forever!
    • View Profile
    • Rant's random blog
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2012, 03:29:45 PM »

Ahaha. And you say steve never does aything for us.
For Gundam Australia and mecha workshop folks only. Animasia is offering  50% off on 30th anniversary re release nostalgia kits.

Usefull things like coreboosters, adzams, etc etc as well as the usual pile of gelgoogs
Love your hobby? Live your hobby!

GS_Zaku2

• Lieutenant Commander
  • If all else fails, get a Zaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2012, 12:54:58 AM »

Ahaha. And you say steve never does aything for us.
For Gundam Australia and mecha workshop folks only. Animasia is offering  50% off on 30th anniversary re release nostalgia kits.

Usefull things like coreboosters, adzams, etc etc as well as the usual pile of gelgoogs
Nooooooooo............... I don't have the endless money pit to use to buy more Zaku's or even more Gunpla at the moment. Oh welll have to sell my body to get the funds lol.
SJ Brennan-Dunn

Terrorhawk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2012, 12:35:11 PM »

I went to Animasia on Monday (how I ended up posting in this site) and I have to say I love it. Their massive collection of Gunpla is awesome, I could spend hours drooling over some of the kits there. I'll be getting a lot of Gunpla from here in the future.

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2012, 12:16:31 PM »

Thanks to Animasia for the referral and the special offer! You guys are coolsome. 8)

Blkopt

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
    • View Profile
Animasia
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2014, 05:58:23 PM »

Hey guys just wanted to drop my 2 bob worth about Animasia i called in there when i was on holiday in melbourne and was truely blown away by what was on offer. the store size may not be huge but content was incredible and after about 30mins my wife had to drag me out kicking and screaming.

i think i bought 3 kits and some other things but would give it a big thumbs up and worth a repeat visit

Mod edit: merged with existing topic.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 07:16:29 PM by thegunny »

blueastray89

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Animasia
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2014, 06:33:13 PM »

your wife only gave you 30mins? that's Harsh dude! get her into Gunpla, she might enjoy it and therefore give you extra time to browse.

My missus was like that till we tried to build gunpla together now she comes model shopping with me and even buys me kits, like the grey zeta i recieved form our anniversary this year.

Blkopt

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2014, 07:44:28 PM »

haha yeah i've been on that band wagon for the last 6 years since i started to build.

but a holiday is a holiday and i shouldn't be wasting time in the model store..... or should i  ;D

i've only just got her started onto minecraft thats been a few years in the making
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF