Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
July 25, 2017, 10:37:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: PG Strike Freedom - Atonement  (Read 3025 times)

lupes

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • It's A Gundaaaam!
PG Strike Freedom - Atonement
« on: October 14, 2012, 10:17:22 AM »

Round two with the big SOB is all done! Overall (as I've been saying each time I've posted this somewhere) I am MUCH happier with this build this time around than I was the first time. Now I really feel like I've done the Gauntlet of the Apocalypse justice! While I still need to build a base (as well as nab a violet LED from radioshack) so I can pose this thing better, there aren't many different poses for this because I REALLY don't want to damage the paint on anything this time around. With that said, enjoy! Below the first four pictures is a veritable deluge of shots of this thing.

To answer Sonar's comment about how I got the finish to be so dust-free..the trick is dust the hell out of everything before each layer of paint. ;)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:20:16 AM by lupes »

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile
Re: PG Strike Freedom - Atonement
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 10:46:34 AM »

Not a fan of the design, but man that is some beautifull work.
Paintwork is just stunning!

lupes

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • It's A Gundaaaam!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 10:49:49 AM »

Not a fan of the design, but man that is some beautifull work.
Paintwork is just stunning!

I think this might be one of the most common comments I get, haha. People might not be a fan of the Strike Freedom itself but I'm always pleased when people say how much they like what I've done with the kit.

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 11:35:24 AM »

The paint work is really the feature here. Stunning. Incredibly smooth, barely a spec of dust, and just so complimentary those tones. I mean we all know purple and gold work but when it comes down to the selected tones Lupes has nailed this like a Thai hooker; furiously.

One thing that should be pointed out is that this is a strip and repaint. Massive props due for the following reasons: It is a PG kit. There are a bazillion pieces. Painting it the first time should have weakened the integrity of the plastic, particularly with all that alclad lacquer. The first paint job had to be done and redone and redone again in many areas.

This is a man in pursuit of perfection. He should be damn pleased with what he has achieved here, that's for sure.

I actually really liked the ANA scheme of Pride and was sad to see it get stripped down, but what has emerged in the atonement has been worth the disappointment of seeing Pride go before the fall. ;D

Supplemental props for going with Lakers colours, and can I say what you have done with that rifle is just stunning Mr. Looper. If there's one thing I like it is an intricately detailed weapon. That thing goes BLAM right in your face. :)

Pride (Before the fall):

See here for exemplary use of the word atonement in a rap song:

Great work Lupes. Really cool reup.

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 11:42:16 AM »

incredibly good paint work indeed i love the smooth shine it has, i like the strike itself too lol

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia

lupes

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • It's A Gundaaaam!
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 02:06:47 PM »

Thanks Sonar- I'm in the process of putting up the page on my own blog right now. Much appreciated to be featured!
Pages: [1]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF