Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
June 23, 2017, 02:28:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:rx78: Please visit JAPAN TOYS AUSTRALIA For AWESOME PRICES access the site through our banner below! :):rx78:

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37

Author Topic: The Grunt MS Group Build Challenge #4: Squad Leaders & Aces UC 0079 to 0096  (Read 69295 times)

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile

It's a great theme

You baited the hook perfect :)

khai62

• Commander
    • View Profile

Just wondering if i can for example Jesta as the main entry included with it's base jabber or it will it not count.

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile

Just wondering if i can for example Jesta as the main entry included with it's base jabber or it will it not count.

You can use it as a base just as I am. It will judged along with the Jesta.

I notice that you have already posted pictures of the Base Jabber with a Jesta beside it. You cannot use those in this build as a requirement of the build is that we all start with unassembled kits on 1Nov.
Real men don't LOL!

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile

i don't see the gm powered type from stardust memorys on the list is it alowed or not?

It's experimental so it's not allowed.
The Sazabi is on the MG list.

Also, shouldn't the MG ReZEL Commander Type be allowed or do we consider that to have a headstart on the "Squad Leader" like qualities? I'm leaning towards it or the MG Hi-Zack as my entry.

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile

Removed the metallic finish Sazabi from the list.

I view the later command types as a lot more advanced than the early GM command types and they would more than likely be officer's rides not an NCO so that's why they are off the list.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:05:33 PM by thegunny »
Real men don't LOL!

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile

MG Hi-Zack Open it is then!

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile

You gonna finish this time  ;) :P
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 05:42:19 PM by thegunny »
Real men don't LOL!

khai62

• Commander
    • View Profile

You can use it as a base just as I am. It will judged along with the Jesta.

I notice that you have already posted pictures of the Base Jabber with a Jesta beside it. You cannot use those in this build as a requirement of the build is that we all start with unassembled kits on 1Nov.
Fair enough since i have 2 more of both of these in my backlog anyway so might just as well use it for this. :) Still not sure which category i will entering.  :-\

Forget to ask as for weapons on OBB, it say that made one addition so i assuming that only can add one ranged gun to the build or can add more in the same type ?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:24:47 PM by khai62 »

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile

You gonna finish this time  ;) :P
I need to use this kit for something so it's highly likely, College always comes first and that's when prevented the last one from completion. I am so sorry for having my priorities straight :P

zahmad

• Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • View Profile

"and no parts (plastic, resin or otherwise) from hero kits."

so just to confirm we are turning grunts into leaders and aces without using anything from hero kits?

either way put me down for the open category i have no idea what im going to do as of yet but i want it to be more then the advanced oob allows :P

"and no parts (plastic, resin or otherwise) from hero kits."  ;)

That's screwed up my original entry....oh well, should have a backup!

Wavehawk

• Rear Admiral
  • Some would say I'm the Reverse...
    • View Profile

I'm putting one up for the Open build. At the moment I'm undecided what base kit to use (Hopign it's a GM Cannon)

One question: I have a couple of unfinished weapons mods from other kits--I made a mod of the GM Rifle into a Logn Machinegun. It's part-ways done (some tweaking and paint needed). Can I use that or does even the scratchbuilt/modded weaponry have to be done during the build period?

Second Question: And I'm just nitpicky here. What if it's a weapon packaged with a Hero mech but also used by Grunts (Such as the 100mm Machinegun used by the Ground Combat Gundam/Blue Destiny)? Or (More likely) The RX-78 Gundam's Hyperbazooka used on a stock GM (Note: The original MG GM had the MG Gundam's bazooka and a mount latch for it)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 12:42:23 AM by Wavehawk »
"...we haven't been properly introduced..."

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile

I'm putting one up for the Open build. At the moment I'm undecided what base kit to use (Hopign it's a GM Cannon)

One question: I have a couple of unfinished weapons mods from other kits--I made a mod of the GM Rifle into a Logn Machinegun. It's part-ways done (some tweaking and paint needed). Can I use that or does even the scratchbuilt/modded weaponry have to be done during the build period?

The build is 3 months long so to be fair to everyone all construction should take place in that 3 months.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:05:52 PM by thegunny »
Real men don't LOL!

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile

Second Question: And I'm just nitpicky here. What if it's a weapon packaged with a Hero mech but also used by Grunts (Such as the 100mm Machinegun used by the Ground Combat Gundam/Blue Destiny)? Or (More likely) The RX-78 Gundam's Hyperbazooka used on a stock GM (Note: The original MG GM had the MG Gundam's bazooka and a mount latch for it)

Are we there yet  ::) :)

Wondered how long it would take for someone to ask that. If the weapon is a common part than of course you can use it.

Edit: the original GM also had a beam rifle and two beam sabres and I reckon is a far better kit than the V2.

I have modified the opening post so there is one less nit to pick  :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:27:43 AM by thegunny »
Real men don't LOL!

Wavehawk

• Rear Admiral
  • Some would say I'm the Reverse...
    • View Profile

Sorry. It's late, I'm still awake and heavily soused up on Bacardi and Vodka. It's a miracle I'm still typing straight.
"...we haven't been properly introduced..."

thepuddingcup11

• Captain
    • View Profile

in advanced oob are you allowed decals and markings from different kits or aftermarket?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF