Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
July 26, 2017, 02:35:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad

Poll

What would like to see as the next Grunt Build? Refer to first post for explanations.

UC Squad Leaders / Aces
- 13 (56.5%)
UC 0079 Space War
- 3 (13%)
Post 0079 UC Grunts
- 4 (17.4%)
AC (Wing) Grunts
- 0 (0%)
CE (Seed) Grunts
- 1 (4.3%)
AD (00) Grunts
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Grunt MS Group Build Challenge #4: The Poll POLL CLOSED results are in 3/10/12  (Read 3714 times)

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile

For whatever reason it would seem zahmed is MIA so to get the next grunt Build going we'll poll the masses and see what comes out the other end.

You can only vote once and cannot change that vote. The poll will run for 10 days. You cannot see the results until after you have voted.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have before voting on an option but please DO NOT add any commentary in the topic asking for this, that or something else. The above options and their explanations below are it.

OPTION 1: This build will encompass those units that are just that little bit above the average sh!t kicker. Squad Leaders and Aces usually have a little something special up their sleeves to add that extra bit of pow to the party. They may have extra thrusters, a bit more armour, some nasty little close combat device or a BFG they've managed to con out of the supply store. These are not hero MS but modified base models. This option will cover all UC periods from 0079 to Unicorn.

OPTION 2: This build will cover any Grunt suit that was involved in the 0079 Space War. For example suits such as the MS-06J or the RX-79[G] will not be allowed. DOM is out, Rick DOM is in. A complete list of in & out will forth coming if this option gets the nod. This build will include 0080 as even though it was ground based it was fought in a colony.

OPTION 3: This build will cover Grunts from 0083, Zeta, ZZ, CCA, Unicorn and any other side story that occurs after the end of the One Year War and up to and including Unicorn.

OPTION 4: This covers all grunts in the After Colony (Wing) period. Please bear in mind when contemplating this era there are not a lot of grunt kits available and I think they are all pretty old kits that are not all that easy to come by these days.

OPTION 5: This covers any grunt MS from the Cosmic Era (Seed & Seed Destiny). Out of the GAT range only the 01 Strike Dagger is considered a grunt MS.

OPTION 6: This covers any grunt MS from any 00 Gundam (Both series and the movie). Celestial Being MS are not considered grunts.

Once the build is finalised a complete list of eligible MS will be published.

Now on to the good part; PRIZES  ;D

I've been rummaging around my pile of plastic and have come up with some double ups and some "WTF was I thinking" kits that I am willing to donate. There will be a number of different categories and the amount of entries in each category will determine who gets what. The Unicorn Cage kit is the grand prize that could be won by any entry in any category and the Hazel II with Primrose is a special prize that I'm yet to decide on  ;)

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 11:21:36 PM by thegunny »
Real men don't LOL!

thepuddingcup11

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: The Grunt MS Group Build Challenge #4: The Poll
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 07:10:17 PM »

You might want to edit the poll it says wing not 00. So didn't know which to vote for.

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 08:04:25 PM »

What are you talking about? AD is Anno Domini which is 00 and AC is After Colony which is Wing.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 08:08:15 PM by thegunny »
Real men don't LOL!

zenma5ter

• Mr. Boom Shakalaka
  • Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • Life > Gunpla
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 08:31:13 PM »

@gunny: i added AD after reading puddingcup's post, there was only 5 options in the original poll. Sorry.
What is inexpressible is inexhaustible in its use.

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 09:05:48 PM »

There were 6 options in the original poll set up  :-\ Mysteries of the interwebz  ??? Who cares it's only Wing & 00 anyway  :P
Real men don't LOL!

flamingeyebrows

• Captain
  • A few parts short of a full sprue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 09:16:57 PM »

So, a question.

You are just letting us choose the era/universe, right? You are gonna put a theme on top of it when one get chosen, right?

For example, if 00 get chosen, it won't just be 'built a 00 grunt' but there will be a theme like, 'give a 00 grunt a GN drive'. Yes? :)

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 09:34:33 PM »

No  :)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 10:35:18 PM by thegunny »
Real men don't LOL!

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 10:03:22 PM »

Early days but there seems to be not a lot of luv for the Swiss army knives  :)
Real men don't LOL!

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 06:51:26 AM »

NNNGH, that Gaplant :D

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 09:46:43 AM »

Early days but there seems to be not a lot of luv for the Swiss army knives  :)

Does that mean youll buy one or bow out? :P

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 01:47:30 PM »

Ha! With 15 votes to 1 in favour of the UC I don't think I'll waste my money  :P
Real men don't LOL!

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 11:24:13 AM »

4 days to go and only 16 votes from 130 views  :-\ A bit disappointing  :( At the moment it would seem UC Squad Leaders & Aces is a clear leader but it's obvious that UC as a whole is the winner or is it just that the Swiss Army Knife supporters know they haven't got anything half as awesome as a UC MS in full flight and have run off hiding  :P

This build will a bit different to the others. So that we don't end up with categories with only one entrant (instant winner) a pre-entry process will be used. Once the poll has closed and the categories decided there will be a period before the build starts (probably until the end of October) where you declare your entry. At the end of that time if a category has only one entrant or less it will be dropped and that person will be given the chance to switch to another category before the build starts. If anyone wishes to enter the build once it has started they can only enter into one of the categories that already has two or more people entered in it. Once the build starts (probably November 2) the usual dated picture with the unassembled kit will be required. Clear as mud  :-\

One other thing and this is most important (especially from my wallets point of view  :)) by declaring your entry into the build you also accept that if you win a prize you will pay half the postage cost. The value of the kits I'm putting up is $300+ if sourced locally (around $250+ from Japan) so I don't really feel like shelling out another $60+ to satisfy Auspost's greedy demands  ;)

A full set of instructions will be revealed on Friday 5 Oct after the poll has ended but unless there's a late rush it looks like UC Squad Leaders & Aces will get the nod.    
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 02:28:48 PM by thegunny »
Real men don't LOL!

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
Re: The Grunt MS Group Build Challenge #4: The Poll NEW INFO ADDED 1/10/12
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 11:02:28 PM »

Oh no! It looks like the Swiss Army knives are making a late showing. The vote has increased by 100% from 1 to 2  ::) :zoidberg2:
Real men don't LOL!

flamingeyebrows

• Captain
  • A few parts short of a full sprue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 01:07:45 AM »

Hey Gunny,

The declaration period is a good idea not to start a one person category but I don;t think it will really solve the problem. I mean some catergories might have several starters but might only have one person who finished within the deadline. In that case, we are still gonna end up with auto-wins and I don't think there's anything that can be done about that.

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 01:17:22 AM »

Hopefully the limited number of categories will prevent it. All will be revealed in a few days time.  O0
Real men don't LOL!
Pages: [1] 2

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF