Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
July 14, 2020, 03:09:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: where to buy paint in melbourne?  (Read 8422 times)

ChaosRR6

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
where to buy paint in melbourne?
« on: July 24, 2012, 04:05:46 PM »

hey guys, i was wondering where i could buy paint (for brushing) that isnt hearns hobbies or vic hobbie center??? I only know the one quality RC shop in melbourne and thats in dandenong and im pretty shore they have nothing to do with  paint that isnt in a can for an rc body.
If i have to walk into hearns ever again im pretty shore you will all hear about it on the news. grrr i hate that place! havnt had to go in there in the last 15 year thanks to rc parts from OS. there help is just friken junk!!!
Vic hobbie, there alright, just at the moment dont have the colors i want, bummer!
I know theres showcase models in the same building as Ozanimart, but they never have the colors i want when i go in there either, so where else is there??

Do i just give up and buy like everything else, off the internet?
Check out - https://www.facebook.com/chaosanime for available and soon arriving Anime Figures, Figmas, Nendoroids, Gunpla and more.  Website coming soon!

potchip

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: where to buy paint in melbourne?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 04:19:41 PM »

Metrohobby in Box Hill?

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 05:27:41 PM »

15 years is a long time. I deal with Hearns quite a lot and they are just fine.

Look up wolfman X's topic on where to to buy stuff in Melbourne. He's checked out most of the shops and reported on them.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:52:56 PM by thegunny »
Real men don't LOL!

ChaosRR6

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 08:58:27 PM »

ill give metro a call, i guess i always think of them for rc stuff, but yeah they do it all there.

Ill suss it out gunny.
hearns was just expensive when it came to rc stuff, WAY expensive, so i stayed away. Every blue moon i had to call them or go there and they where great. lately ive been going there for paint for my gundams coz its around the corner, almost all the time i get the same dude and his just horrible!  puts ya off ya know.
then ya go around the corner to vic hobby and theve been awesome, they seem pretty happy in there and always try give me some advise.
Check out - https://www.facebook.com/chaosanime for available and soon arriving Anime Figures, Figmas, Nendoroids, Gunpla and more.  Website coming soon!

ChaosRR6

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 06:39:41 PM »

I hit up METRO HOBBY in box hill today and they where well stocked, all the same products as vic hobby but like i mentioned, WELL STOCKED! .
They also stock a small amount of gundam kits, little less that what ya would find at vic hobby. MG HG SD even an RG in all that and at the same reasonable price as vic hobby. Now this is all i need, RC and Gundam in the same store! eek! :D

jnhchan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 08:25:18 PM »

Well, if you are living near the dandenong, there is a model shop call hobbyman in Dandenong plaze.  The model shop is just opposite the main entrance of the Dandenong plaze.  The price is cheapest i can find in Melbourne.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:27:48 PM by jnhchan »
That's 1 firearm per every 12 people on the planet. The question is how do we arm the other 11

ChaosRR6

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 09:49:59 AM »

yeah i use hobbyman for rc parts when i cant wait for OS delivery, there friken awesome at that shop!
didnt know they did plastic models and paints there. Im always stupafied by the amount of different rc they have in there store ive never noticed models and paint. Actually ringing them today for parts so ill have to suss it out!

jnhchan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 09:49:39 PM »

I think that is a bit hard to miss it.  As i remember, the RC part is on the left hand side and the plastic model part is on the Right hand side.  The paint is on the right hand side in the entrance.  You cannot miss it..
That's 1 firearm per every 12 people on the planet. The question is how do we arm the other 11

ChaosRR6

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 11:13:35 AM »

soon as i walk in that place my face is up against the displays like a little boy in a candy shop, im drooling all the way thru the rc section. i thought there might be another section, so never took notice of it, ever!

ChaosRR6

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 11:24:54 AM »

oh yeah, they do humbro and tamiya @ hobby man. Mr hobby - only top coats but they are happy to get you any mr hobby paints.

Atchy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 08:43:45 PM »

I work in a Model Train store called Branchline so if any of you are out near Croydon we can help you out with Humbrol Enamels, Tamiya Acrylics, and a couple of model train brand airbrush paints (I use a couple of these for gunpla with great results :) ). Would love to have a chat to any Gunpla peeps who wanna come in :) (My name is Nick if you want to ask for me, I'm in Wednesdays and Fridays).

Blah Blah Blah like our stuff:
http://www.branchline.com.au/
https://www.facebook.com/BranchlineHobbyShop

I also feel compelled to point out we know the bloke who own Hearns and Frankly he seems to be a great bloke! If you haven't been in recently I reckon you should give them another shot :)

TheGhostofZeon

• GAF Commodore
  • Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
    • The Ghost of Zeon
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 09:26:57 PM »

Hearns is for sale at the moment. There is a full page ad in the latest ModelArt magazine advertising the fact.

Either way, Hearns isn't too bad but it is in a terrible spot to get to.

Atchy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 10:15:46 PM »

Oh really? This warrants further investigation!

mokana_man

• Rear Admiral
  • Mecha Workshop Melbourne
    • View Profile
    • Mokana man @ youtube
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 03:19:15 AM »

Hearns is for sale at the moment. There is a full page ad in the latest ModelArt magazine advertising the fact.

Well in the past seven months Hearns lost it's best RC guy and 3 months ago lost two full time modelers one to Vic hobby center and the other resigned. All they have is the owner the train uncle and kids who are kind but lacks experience. They charge more then VHC excluding paints and last I've heard before Christmas had stock issues. I've also heard they are asking way too much for the business which front line will not touch and expect Hobby co to be uninterested so it's future isn't publicly known. I walk past it to get to work everyday and haven't seen any liquidations or closing sales yet...

I hope I don't get in trouble for this post XD
Success belongs to those who are too stupid to give up!
http://www.youtube.com/user/mokanaman

Wolfman X

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 01:17:28 AM »

yeah their paints are reasonably priced but the location sucks major balls. nice shop inside though but every time i go paint stocking its always at vhc then hearns nowadays. unless im actually walking down flinders then i may go there.

but go to vic hobby center. lots of paints esp vallejo and after using a few of the paints theyre quite good. however youll need to mix them if you wanna airbrush it. i think it was 2 parts thinner 1 part paint as it comes thick as all hell. it mixes well with lacquer and it stuck well with the parts. im gonna start stocking in these paints rather then tamiya now
Aka: Wolfman, Wolfie, WMX, Wolfenhiem.
Pages: [1] 2

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF