Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
June 25, 2019, 01:33:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: resin anime figure 1/8 Hakurei Reimu  (Read 1769 times)

potchip

• Commander
    • View Profile
resin anime figure 1/8 Hakurei Reimu
« on: June 06, 2012, 10:20:31 PM »

Just for something different...

Somehow got this in my stash, one of those impulse buys that I then forgot. Now that I purposely ordered a bunch of gaia note paints, which their superior adhesion, time to do some paint evaluation on this!

The process so far is pretty painful, serves me right. I had no idea about resin kit quality at the time and this is basically the cheapest available recast I could find - which means it probably come from one of those infamous Thailand workshops. Plenty of putty and one accident later (where I dropped the thing, broke into 5 pieces, and re-stump/glued them and puttied over, strangely enough didn't feel so different from my earlier cleanup work LOL) This is the current stage:

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
Re: resin anime figure 1/8 Hakurei Reimu
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 09:19:53 AM »

Thunderthighs ;)

That's a nasty bit of flash happening under her arm. Good luck mate, keep us posted ;D

potchip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 08:58:06 PM »

Thanks Sonar. I already ordered a couple original kits from mandarake after this experience, hopefully they are of better quality (pretty certain they will be!), and they don't cost all that much more either! Her legs are quite slim actually, just the angle.

potchip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 10:15:11 AM »

Another single picture update..

potchip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 03:53:42 PM »

The lack of a proper base was causing me headaches due to the dynamic pose = unable to stand on her feet.

A visit to the local $2 shop later (rather opportunistically, you never know what you can find there), hmmm I got robbed that wasn't $2?  ??? ??? ???

Some roundish wooden blocks with metal Buddhism symbols on the opposite side.. I have no idea if they are coasters or not, but perfect size and material for my base! There is also a set of pastels that I may grab in the future.

So Reimu is properly settled on the new base - don't mind the gaps between arms, they'll be covered by the sleeves.
Pages: [1]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF