Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
January 24, 2020, 01:36:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: what GUNDAM series are you watching atm?  (Read 11124 times)

Suzaku

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: what GUNDAM series are you watching atm?
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2012, 12:27:04 PM »

I started rewatching G Gundam since I'm working on that model series right now. One episode in and I realize I had forgotten just how awesome this series is.

ChaosRR6

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2012, 01:54:39 PM »

ah nice. thanks guys. id rather just watch unicorn manly for the reason "HOW FRIKEN AWESOME DOES IT LOOK". if i had to watch another series before it i dont think i could do it now, again for reasons stated above!
Ill pick up Chars Counterattack next time where out sussing out dvds :)
Check out - https://www.facebook.com/chaosanime for available and soon arriving Anime Figures, Figmas, Nendoroids, Gunpla and more.  Website coming soon!

ChaosRR6

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2012, 11:40:58 PM »

missus and i enjoyed chars counterattack, next onto Zeta.

I just finished watching s1 of 00, loved it!! do wish it went for another 25 eps, could have easily played out there characters and there past more and made the series longer. Cant wait to get into season 2 but will wait a while, got heaps of other stuff to watch. prob watch series 1 again before 2, just coz i think its awesome and it does have a strange resemblence to seed which i also love!!
Check out - https://www.facebook.com/chaosanime for available and soon arriving Anime Figures, Figmas, Nendoroids, Gunpla and more.  Website coming soon!

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2012, 09:53:20 AM »

Watching Char's Counterattack first sort of makes Zeta & Double Zeta a bit redundant. You might be able to sit through emo whiny kids (they make Amuro look like the most obedient person in the world) Zeta but once you start watching Clowns 'R' Us ZZ you'll think why am I putting up with this crap when I already know the conclusion  :-\
Real men don't LOL!

ChaosRR6

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2012, 08:13:09 AM »

thanks for the heads up gunny. whiny emo kids, dont think id make it through that. We thought we'd give em a go just for the hell of it and maybe get a good show out of it.

Now watched unicorn 1 and 2.  Looks awesome, like the story. Characters, i do hope they grow on me a little more. the missus loves it, shes already got 2 unicorns to build!

Matt723

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2012, 08:27:56 AM »

I'm rewatching Turn A Gundam.  The story line is slow but I find it more fulfilling than a Gundam Age that seems a little rushed at times. 

And there are some cool parts like an epic headshot and an episode called Anis' power

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2012, 08:33:08 AM »

The world would be a better place if we had a better balance of Anis Power.

shadow298

• Rear Admiral
  • UNLEASH THE GUAN
    • View Profile
    • And the Geek Shall Inherit the Earth blog
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2012, 10:11:51 AM »

Finished watching AGE.

So disappointed in it as a whole.
Way too rushed with so much under developed (especially the characters). Pretty much just a way to introduce new gundam as quickly as possible and then forget about them.

The entire ending was disappointing too.

SID should've been a series wide threat, constantly reappearing for revenge on the gundam not something pulled out of the writers arse at the last minute. More so with the clone pilot who does sod all.

They should've made it 3 separate series of about 24 eps each so more time to develop everything.

I know it's for kids but it just seems pretty patronising to say it's not great because it's for kids.
"Ego futurus. ut est totus"

-I Exist. That Is All

for geek related goodness, check out these: @andthegeekshall
http://andthegeekshallinherit.tumblr.com/
http://andthegeekshall.wordpress.com/

Terrorhawk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2012, 12:17:22 PM »

Finished watching AGE.

So disappointed in it as a whole.
Way too rushed with so much under developed (especially the characters). Pretty much just a way to introduce new gundam as quickly as possible and then forget about them.

The entire ending was disappointing too.

SID should've been a series wide threat, constantly reappearing for revenge on the gundam not something pulled out of the writers arse at the last minute. More so with the clone pilot who does sod all.

They should've made it 3 separate series of about 24 eps each so more time to develop everything.

I know it's for kids but it just seems pretty patronising to say it's not great because it's for kids.
They originally wanted at least 55 (or maybe more) episodes so that they could expand on Asemu's arc a lot more, as well as spend more time wrapping the series up... But they were forced to shorten it to 49, which forced them to cut a lot of corners.

Yami

• Commander
  • The Last Raven
    • View Profile
    • Realm of Darkness
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2012, 05:16:14 PM »

I don't really think if Age will become any better if they have more episodes, from time to time Age got itself chances to redeem itself but wastes it in the end.

From what i see the main problem of the series other than forgettable mecha design is that the transition from 2nd Gen to 3rd Gen is handled rather poorly which is why the pace of the 3rd Gen feels abit awkward.

Suzaku

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2012, 08:17:28 AM »

Gen1 should have been a few episodes shorter, Gen2 was a pretty good number, and Gen3 could have used the extra episodes from shortening Gen1. What frustrated me was that throughout the series, when it started getting really good a generation ended and everything started over.

I agree that Gen3 would have been a lot better if SID had come in to it more. Really, I wish the data and SID had been more prevalent throughout the series--at least the second and third generations. The last few episodes were rife with moments that were obviously supposed to be meaningful, but they involved things that had had so little screentime and/or development that I was left feeling rather meh.

On the other hand, I recently rewatched all of Mobile Fighter Racist G Gundam. I was reminded just how awesome of a show it was, and how it really didn't drag or fall into filler much. It's definitely one of my favorite series.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 08:19:04 AM by Suzaku »

Aldonis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2013, 12:37:26 PM »

I've not long finished Char's Counterattack, I think all I have left of UC is F91 and and Victory, and the second season of Igloo.

Piat

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2013, 12:51:45 PM »

Don't forget ZZ Gundam. I'm still finishing 08th
"You dun Gouf'ed" - Ramba Ral

GhettoGunpla

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
    • View Profile
    • Ghetto Gunpla dot Wordpress
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2013, 03:25:00 AM »

Just watched Zeta, now Im on part 3 of A new translation. And Aldonis I highly recomend V gundam for your next watch, I rushed to save up and got me the MG Victory as soon as I watched it.... My only regret is how bad I want any form of V2 gundam :-( No MG makes me sad.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF