Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
January 28, 2020, 10:17:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: what GUNDAM series are you watching atm?  (Read 11129 times)

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
Re: what GUNDAM series are you watching atm?
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2012, 11:18:56 PM »

Still trying to finish Gundam Victory but I'm stuck at episode 27 for a month now.  The storyline's is still very dragging for me.

I didn't even make it that far  :-\
Real men don't LOL!

thepuddingcup11

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2012, 09:39:47 PM »

i just watched all the gundam unicorn's wow ep 5 was extreme. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Infinity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2012, 01:24:21 PM »

Just watched gunpla builders. The story was mediocre at best but I really liked all the suits designs. Next is unicorn and to continue with age.

Suzaku

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2012, 02:25:42 AM »

I spent yesterday catching up on Gundam AGE (finished episode 43) and Unicorn (I'm through the first 4 episodes).

AGE is finally staying in gear, and I've been enjoying this latest arc. Hopefully it carries through to the end. Unicorn started awesome and has only gotten better. I can't wait to watch episode 5.

shadow298

• Rear Admiral
  • UNLEASH THE GUAN
    • View Profile
    • And the Geek Shall Inherit the Earth blog
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2012, 05:14:26 PM »

Still watching AGE and enjoying it for the most part, even though it seems to be a greatest hits of previous series (but understandable with it being aimed at a younger and newer audience). Bit miffed that it doesn't actually spend long developing side characters or even the Gundam variations much but it does want to belt them through to promote the toys and kits.

Was thinking of going back to finish Gundam (ZZ) Double Zeta but it still makes me cringe at how all the characters seem to be affected by some sort of twatification ray, making them all pretty stupid.
Is it worth finishing at all? What do you all think?
"Ego futurus. ut est totus"

-I Exist. That Is All

for geek related goodness, check out these: @andthegeekshall
http://andthegeekshallinherit.tumblr.com/
http://andthegeekshall.wordpress.com/

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2012, 06:19:43 PM »

Pretty sure a different director took over part way through so if you can put up with the stupid sh!t for roughly the first third it does get a lot better.
Real men don't LOL!

shadow298

• Rear Admiral
  • UNLEASH THE GUAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2012, 11:49:30 PM »

Pretty sure a different director took over part way through so if you can put up with the stupid sh!t for roughly the first third it does get a lot better.

Thanks, Gunny.
Think I left it about episode 12 or so, just after the ZZ first appeared.
annoyingly long build up for the headline gundam too.
May finish it off to get more context for the later episodes and such.

-I Exist. That Is All

Suzaku

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2012, 02:14:37 AM »

ZZ is worth finishing. It ends with a completely different tone than it begins with. It just takes far too long to get there.

It did take a while to get to the ZZ. But then, it took a bit to get to the Zeta in that series, and don't even get me started on OO....

toysforbigboys

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2012, 03:06:49 PM »

..watching gundam wing (old school)  ;D
funny how this series reminds me of voltes five/diamos, with the sound effects and all..
coz i wanted to watch all of gundam series, i wanted to start on the beggining.. but i guess this is not the first series..ill try to look for the older series..

next is endless waltz.. havent got a copy yet.  :'(

just finished watching the gundam seed and destiny.. awesome series.. :)

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:07:20 PM by toysforbigboys »

Suzaku

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2012, 12:35:09 AM »

..watching gundam wing (old school)  ;D
funny how this series reminds me of voltes five/diamos, with the sound effects and all..
coz i wanted to watch all of gundam series, i wanted to start on the beggining.. but i guess this is not the first series..ill try to look for the older series..

next is endless waltz.. havent got a copy yet.  :'(

just finished watching the gundam seed and destiny.. awesome series.. :)

0079 is the first series, but Wing is an alternate universe series like SEED, so there is nothing wrong with jumping to it. When you start getting into the UC stuff it will be helpful to start going in order, but other than that just watch whatever you feel like :P

Terrorhawk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2012, 11:35:34 AM »

I've seen just about all of the Gundam series aside from a few of the movie compilations. Now I'm watching Gundam AGE, Seed Remastered, Unicorn and Brave Battle Warriors. I'm re-watching G Gundam as well.
I've got the Turn A movies, Millers Report, Last Blitz of Zeon, Seed Special Editions and 00 Special Editions ready to watch as well. Once I've watched those I will be completely up to date with all the animated Gundam works (that includes G-Savior). I think so anyway.

ChaosRR6

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2012, 03:53:18 PM »

only 1/4 way through 00 and i want more!!! guna have to go out and buy the series!!!
missus just picked up ep 1 of Unicorn, we both hanging for this one coz eveyone seems to love it.
Check out - https://www.facebook.com/chaosanime for available and soon arriving Anime Figures, Figmas, Nendoroids, Gunpla and more.  Website coming soon!

ChaosRR6

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 09:38:05 AM »

hey, can i watch unicorn without watching other uc series? Or will i just get confused the more i watch?
1st episode just looked awesome but i can see that having not watched other uc series im going to be going, huh, who, what...
Apart from seed/destiney and 00 the only other gundam stuff id seen was 15 years ago when a friend always had mobile suit gundam playing in the background.
Were picking up mobile suit gundam today coz well, it would be nice to see what it looks like to me today and by the sounds of it, its probably better to start at the start and know what everyone/eveythings about?
Say i didnt start watching from the start, whats a good series to skip to and watch before unicorn so we can get a gist of whos who and all that confusing gundam stuff?
In unicorn, the references to the past, will they make more sence to me as i keep watching or should i just pull it into the pits and start with another series? :)
Check out - https://www.facebook.com/chaosanime for available and soon arriving Anime Figures, Figmas, Nendoroids, Gunpla and more.  Website coming soon!

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2012, 10:43:59 AM »

ive never seen any UC stuff besides unicorn and once you get ahold of who belongs to who its all good, there hasnt been any moments so far where ive gone wtf is that referencing to anything major, the who belongs to who issue is, if you dont know what side each of the sub teams belong to it can get confusing, ie lando bell, i was pretty confused with the first episode the first watch through because i didnt know who was with who etc but upon watching it again, where you can slow down and focus on whos doing what, as you know the over arcing story, you pick it up pretty quickly and from then on its a pretty self contained story

the only "benefit",  besides a deeper understanding of it all, would be the no doubt countless throw back cameos that would appear that fly over the heads of those like us lol

shadow298

• Rear Admiral
  • UNLEASH THE GUAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2012, 11:04:39 AM »

hey, can i watch unicorn without watching other uc series? Or will i just get confused the more i watch?
1st episode just looked awesome but i can see that having not watched other uc series im going to be going, huh, who, what...
Apart from seed/destiney and 00 the only other gundam stuff id seen was 15 years ago when a friend always had mobile suit gundam playing in the background.
Were picking up mobile suit gundam today coz well, it would be nice to see what it looks like to me today and by the sounds of it, its probably better to start at the start and know what everyone/eveythings about?
Say i didnt start watching from the start, whats a good series to skip to and watch before unicorn so we can get a gist of whos who and all that confusing gundam stuff?
In unicorn, the references to the past, will they make more sence to me as i keep watching or should i just pull it into the pits and start with another series? :)

If you want the cheat sheets to them, just watch the movies of 0079 & Zeta (even though the last Zeta movie has a different ending). I hated the original 0079 series and a lot of stuff in Zeta but can be worth watching for the universe building.
The really important one to watch is the movie "Char's Counterattack" because that is the last chronological story part before Unicorn.

-I Exist. That Is All

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF