Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
February 26, 2020, 02:19:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: what GUNDAM series are you watching atm?  (Read 11179 times)

Solo

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
Re: what GUNDAM series are you watching atm?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 06:08:58 AM »

I've only seen half of series 1 OO but I enjoyed the movie - although it definitely has a "one last episode" feel to it

Rau Valeth

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 09:23:16 PM »

Definitely watching SEED Remaster now, only in 480p though, but it's easier to keep interest when it's one episode every few days.  Will also be watching Unicorn episode 2 on Monday hopefully provided my Madman order arrives.

nemuyoake

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 05:57:31 PM »

I'm watching 00 with a friend now. She came to my apart to watch Natsume Yuujinchou and she saw the Gunpla and all the kits and she said something like ''What the Hell are these things ?!''. I explained and eventually she accepted the challenge : watching some Gundam episodes with me. We've watched the first 5 episodes of 00 yesterday and she kinda liked it, it seems. Serguei Smirnov is her favorite character until now. :P

ApolloRaider

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 04:01:27 AM »

Just finished the Gundam 00 movie. I was enjoying it up until the end...I thought it was really weak and was too abrupt. The series overall is one of my top 5 favorites. Definitely restored my faith in the series after Seed and Destiny. Heard good things about Unicorn, going to check that one out next.
Wham bam thank you ma'am!

Rau Valeth

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 07:53:38 PM »

Watched Unicorn episode 2 yesterday, all I can say is wow, what a fantasic episode.  Why can't the AU series be like this?  The action was simply stunning, the music was, well, the fact I've had the soundtracks long before I even watched episode 1 should say my thoughts on the music.  The character interactions were short, but really well done and interesting to watch, and Full Frontal in the space of 50 minutes has become my favourite Char Clone. 

This was easily one of the best things I've seen from Gundam and was a complete treat to watch, and I can't wait to see more of this series. 

Jimmy The Guz

• Commander
  • Play some SLAYER!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 06:17:57 PM »

I've started watching Gundam 00 as its one of the only series that I have not watch from the first episode to the end.  So far I'm really liking it and think that some of the main characters are similar to ones from Wing and Seed series.  I'm just wondering if they use the same voice actors too.

Infinity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2012, 09:16:18 PM »

Gundam age ATM

shadow298

• Rear Admiral
  • UNLEASH THE GUAN
    • View Profile
    • And the Geek Shall Inherit the Earth blog
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 12:14:35 AM »

Am watching GUNDAM AGE and finally watched Unicorn part 5 a couple of night.

AGE is good but too rushed to get through all the stages, so you miss out a lot of character development. Also a bit of the repeating cliches from other series such as the friend turns to rival and the Char like mask (which they could've played off better if they didn't reveal it for a bit).

Unicorn 5 was really good.
Less waxing on bullish as they tend to do and great action scenes that were very understated after the big battle in ep 4.
"Ego futurus. ut est totus"

-I Exist. That Is All

for geek related goodness, check out these: @andthegeekshall
http://andthegeekshallinherit.tumblr.com/
http://andthegeekshall.wordpress.com/

ChaosRR6

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 12:42:11 PM »

Started watching 00, first 3 episode, cant wait to watch the rest, then got stuck into and just finished watching seed and destiney. I realy liked seed, the start of destiney i was thinking it was going to be crap but i ended up enjoying it!
I started watching Gundam Wing before destiney but lost interest with it when one of the dudes started playing the violin or some instrument like that, and the gundam where pretty minimal till then so that didnt help either!
Check out - https://www.facebook.com/chaosanime for available and soon arriving Anime Figures, Figmas, Nendoroids, Gunpla and more.  Website coming soon!

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 01:58:29 PM »

haha i think your the complete opposite of most with destiny there chaos, most like me think it starts great and goes down fast but hey also i hate quattre and his need to play music its as bad as filets (ha) signing in seed the series does get better later on but its definitely not as gundam heavy as other gundam series

Jaychan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Jaychan's DeviantArt
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 08:22:52 PM »

Unicorn 5 was really good.
Less waxing on bullish as they tend to do and great action scenes that were very understated after the big battle in ep 4.

Agreed, Unicorn 5 was amazing. Won't spoil it for anyone, but definitely need to watch it!

TheGhostofZeon

• GAF Commodore
  • Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
    • The Ghost of Zeon
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 08:39:31 PM »

For some bizarre reason, I started watching ZZ from where I left off (ep 20). It's not as bad as I remember...

Esspytood

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
  • Isn't he meant to be a rookie?
    • View Profile
    • Tumblus
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2012, 10:08:49 AM »

Just finished watching the second generation of AGE.

Also, I've been showing 00 to my brother, its more closer to reality than any other series and he likes that about it, and the meisters all have these tragic pasts that make up these wonderful characters. he was confused about the whole focus on Sagi Crossroad and his misfortunes, thinking they were going to build him up as some big bad.

upon moving onto the second season, the contrast really is jarring. Its certainly not the strongest story but sure is a spectacle.

Garret Masterson

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 07:57:32 PM »

Still trying to finish Gundam Victory but I'm stuck at episode 27 for a month now.  The storyline's is still very dragging for me.

polarbear

• Newber
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2012, 11:10:13 PM »

Just started with ZZ after finishing the classic original followed by zeta. Seed remaster on the reserve bench. Lots more early UC series to watch before I get to Unicorn  :o
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF