Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
November 15, 2019, 10:45:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:rx78: Please visit JAPAN TOYS AUSTRALIA For AWESOME PRICES access the site through our banner below! :):rx78:

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Selling Gundam Artů maybe  (Read 4761 times)

8lives

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Selling Gundam Artů maybe
« on: March 27, 2012, 09:59:35 PM »

Hi Guys,

I am new here and just posted my intro in whcih i mentioned a few things including some paintings I had done, some people suggested that they might be interested in buying the paintings. i hadn't considered selling them before as i am quite fond of them and they took a fairly long time to do, but they suggested I put up a post here to see if people would be interested. If I can do more paintings that other people will love to hang in their homes then that would be awesome.

See below my two paintings, both very different styles.

So just testing the water so to speak to see if people would be interested in buying such a thing. If people wanted to request something specific in these kind of styles I could do requests. The strike head took quite some time to draw up paint and then line up with ink, so to cover the time and materials this kind of thing would need to be around $200 - $300 I would think for the same size i did which i is roughly 50cm x 40cm.
The Zaku too less time, and if there was some demand i could probably set up a way to paint these a bit faster to bring the cost downů something around $75.00. Mind you these prices are based on using cheep canvases, a decent canvas would cost $50 - $100, so obviously the cost would need to be greater.

Anywho, This si not something I had planned on doing, but if people would like this kind of thing then I would be happy to get painting again as I do enjoy it.

So let me know your thoughts, maybe you have some ideas, think it is a bad idea, have requests, want to discuss pricingů please go ahead, this is something i have only just thought about so very much just concept stage.

thanks!

thepuddingcup11

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Selling Gundam Artů maybe
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 07:25:43 AM »

these look really cool.

zenma5ter

• Mr. Boom Shakalaka
  • Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • Life > Gunpla
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 01:43:58 PM »

I am in with the zaku :D, prices sounds reasonable as they are fairly original..
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:44:22 PM by zenma5ter »
What is inexpressible is inexhaustible in its use.

8lives

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 11:00:20 PM »

I Guess the second thing would beů how to get such a thing to people, I am sure that postage for a canvas can't be cheap. If I was to redo the Zaku as a screen printed poster style would people be interested in that, or is a canvas more popular?

zenma5ter

• Mr. Boom Shakalaka
  • Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • Life > Gunpla
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 11:39:52 PM »

i personally prefer canvas for the textures. light bouncing off it... but like you said, delivery is not gonna be cheap... darn, the dilemma...
What is inexpressible is inexhaustible in its use.

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 07:53:24 AM »

Hey dude whatever happened with this? I've sent you a number of PM's and I'm pretty keen to see if I can get reprints of these.

8lives

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 10:48:48 PM »

Hey, sorry about not getting back to you till now. I have been so busy of late, trying to start up two separate business and doing study along with working full time has been doing my head in and I haven't even got back onto the forum in ages. I started looking into getting canvas prints done up and was finding that it was going to cost more to get it printed and sent than I was originally asking for the originals in the first place. I need to look around to see if anywhere will do it for a better price. Don't know if you would be interested in poster style prints instead? it is looking pretty expensive for canvas prints.

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 08:03:53 AM »

Thanks for your reply. Please check your PM's. :)

flamingeyebrows

• Captain
  • A few parts short of a full sprue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 08:25:02 AM »

I wouldn't mind an Andy Warhol four colur version of the Zaku on poster or canvus if the price is right.

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 08:32:46 AM »

Hi Guys,

I am new here and just posted my intro in whcih i mentioned a few things including some paintings I had done, some people suggested that they might be interested in buying the paintings. i hadn't considered selling them before as i am quite fond of them and they took a fairly long time to do, but they suggested I put up a post here to see if people would be interested. If I can do more paintings that other people will love to hang in their homes then that would be awesome.

See below my two paintings, both very different styles.

So just testing the water so to speak to see if people would be interested in buying such a thing. If people wanted to request something specific in these kind of styles I could do requests. The strike head took quite some time to draw up paint and then line up with ink, so to cover the time and materials this kind of thing would need to be around $200 - $300 I would think for the same size i did which i is roughly 50cm x 40cm.
The Zaku too less time, and if there was some demand i could probably set up a way to paint these a bit faster to bring the cost down… something around $75.00. Mind you these prices are based on using cheep canvases, a decent canvas would cost $50 - $100, so obviously the cost would need to be greater.

Anywho, This si not something I had planned on doing, but if people would like this kind of thing then I would be happy to get painting again as I do enjoy it.

So let me know your thoughts, maybe you have some ideas, think it is a bad idea, have requests, want to discuss pricing… please go ahead, this is something i have only just thought about so very much just concept stage.

thanks!

You could really do alot with these in terms of reprints. Inverting the colours.. Warholling the Zaku like Flaming said.. the possibilities are large!

8lives

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 05:51:44 PM »

I wouldn't mind an Andy Warhol four colur version of the Zaku on poster or canvus if the price is right.

Hey flaming eyebrows, that sounds doable. If you want to discuss firther send me a PM and i can work out some pricing etc.

flamingeyebrows

• Captain
  • A few parts short of a full sprue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 07:44:22 PM »

Sure thing. PM sent. :)

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 02:48:25 PM »

BIG shout out to 8lives for these incredible paintings. (Before you go hitting him up be aware that) I commissioned these over a year ago and they came with a price tag that ensured the artist got what they were worth. I'm fairly certain it was a labour of love for him so if you've got the coin & the motivation he's on the forum. Can't wait to hang them! Enjoy ;)

P.s. Alex if you can fix your original image links so I can compare your originals to mine I'd really appreciate it!! ;)

Really outstanding work mate. I LOVE them! Thank you for your patience, time, and skill!

Hey sorry in advance if the pics are a bit giant but I thought some of you might like to see them in detail :)

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 03:08:26 PM »

Nice. The Gouf doesn't float my boat but the RX-78 is pretty darn good.
Real men don't LOL!

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 03:14:26 PM »

they look impressive as shaded line art when zoomed out but then zooming in and seeing they are painting make them even more impressive
Pages: [1]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF