Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
December 14, 2017, 12:45:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: What was your last game purchase?  (Read 10449 times)

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
Re: What was your last game purchase?
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2012, 12:17:08 PM »

Got Guild Wars 2 and Transformers Fall of Cybertron recently. Both awesome games.

ChaosRR6

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2012, 09:31:28 PM »

picked up dynasty warriors gundam the other day. looked awesome, didnt like the game play at all. Swaped it for transformers, off the hook awesome! even online damn fun! :D
Check out - https://www.facebook.com/chaosanime for available and soon arriving Anime Figures, Figmas, Nendoroids, Gunpla and more.  Website coming soon!

Zesaviourta666

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2012, 04:23:44 AM »

Transformers fall of cybertron on ps3. Yet to play it but cant wait.

Muffin-Button

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Ying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2012, 11:42:00 PM »

DWG is really for people who have played and enjoyed the old Dynasty Warriors games, who also are gundam fans. It's kind of a niche within a niche. Personally I loved DWG2 and 3 but I've always loved DW games. If you're looking for a game that is truer to the gundam series Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS is ur best bet. I just got my copy and it is awesome! Only problem is it's all in japanese =P
This stuff is tasting to start funny...

Suzaku

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 02:27:34 AM »

I'd be more inclined to recommend Battlefield Record 0081 over Extreme VS for fun in accuracy. It's a little more simmy while still being ludicrously fun.

Muffin-Button

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Ying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2012, 02:40:43 AM »

@ Suzaku. I've never heard of Battlefield Record before. It's pretty impressive. I see what you mean about the realism though. Wow! Although I think I'd much rather sacrifice a bit of realism to be able to pilot my favourite gundams instead of only grunts. Or can you use hero suits in Battlefield Record?

Suzaku

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2012, 04:27:52 AM »

Hero suits do in fact become available as the game progresses--most of the suits from 0079, 0080, and even 0083 (via DLC) show up in that game. And some 08th MS team, IIRC.

0081 also has the Gundam 7th, which is exclusive to that game. I rather want the HGUC Full Armor version.

The MS customization is really solid. The game lets you equip each MS as you choose (except for fixed weapons, like vulcans), so you can dual wield guns, beam sabers, etc if you'd rather instead of going with the traditional rifle/saber/shield. At one point I had a GM with dual Heat Hawks :P

It's a squad-based game (sort of like Zeonic Front, only without the Rainbow Six-esque waypoint mapping. Actually, Rise From the Ashes would probably be a better comparison) with a decently-long mission mode for both the Feddie and Zeon sides. Then there's Mercenary mode which lets you do ALL the missions from both sides, plus online stuff, and gives you access to all the suits.

The suits control great, and you can really tell the difference between a Zaku and a Gelgoog, or a GM and a Guncannon and a Gundam. Stats do matter--both pilot stats and MS stats--but aren't the be-all and end-all. Player skill still counts.

If you want to mainly play with the headliners, then you'll probably want to stick to Extreme VS. You do get access to them in 0081, but they're hardly the focus of the game.

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2012, 09:40:31 AM »

DWG is really for people who have played and enjoyed the old Dynasty Warriors games, who also are gundam fans. It's kind of a niche within a niche. Personally I loved DWG2 and 3 but I've always loved DW games. If you're looking for a game that is truer to the gundam series Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS is ur best bet. I just got my copy and it is awesome! Only problem is it's all in japanese =P

I wouldn't say that unless you like DW to not plays DWG its just that DW games are either love em or hate em, most people tend to read reviews, which always hate on DW games regardless of supposed no bias :P, ive managed to turn a few people onto DW that somehow hadnt read a review or heard the hate train chugging along and its almost a 50/50 split of love it or hate it

Muffin-Button

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Ying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2012, 11:55:01 AM »

@ Suzaku: Think I'll have to give Battlefield Record a go! The customization definately peaked my interest =P

@ Fury: I know what you mean about the 50/50 split. But I found that DWG was petty much just a DW game with mechs instead of ancient chinese warriors. Admittedly there were a few additions that made it more like gundam but there are plenty of things they could have done make it truer to the series. Which is why I say that 90% of the time, if someone doesn't enjoy the DW games, DWG is pretty much a reskin of the same thing. Although an exception could be if your love for Gundams outweighs your hate for DW/Slash em up games =P

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2012, 12:10:25 PM »

i dunno ive only played DWG3 (but played many DW/SW games) and DWG is vastly different to the others, the paradigm of the fields and strategy of taking certain fields to cut off and weaken other enemy fields etc not too mention the fact that you can redeploy until your teams meter gets down to zero changes things immensely, plus the whole pre battle menu with its plans and upgrades is fairly different to other DW offerings, yes its still a hack and slash take out lower rank enemies till you find a big guy and battle him and repeat until the big big guy lol but the strategy is heaps different.

which brings me to my other point, people always hammer on about how dw battle system is shallow and the gameplay is the repetitive scenario i just explained, but imo those people aren't looking deep enough, if you play dw on hard and try to get 100% competition you wont come out the other end complaining of a shallow battle system ort lack of strategy, trying to beat the game on hard whilst completing missions and such to unlock things/ get S ranking requires a deep understanding and use of the combo system and battlefield strategy, but honestly most people never see this side of the game, which is sad...and also why maybe i see the difference between DW and DWG

Muffin-Button

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Ying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2012, 12:17:24 PM »

Gotta agree with you about DWG3. They did a much better job of it than the first 2. But the whole "taking certain fields to cut off and weaken other enemy fields" is in the older DW games as well. And your so right about the difficulty. Playing DWG2 on full difficulty is insane and I find that I have to use everything in my arsenal just to survive! Though in Gundam 3 it's WAY easier to beat the hard missions thanks to the emergency dash and final sacrifice. BUT if we go into this much further we are going to seriously anger people for hijacking the thread =P

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2012, 12:48:39 PM »

i havent come across emergency dash or final sacrifice yet but i hope they dont nerf the hard levels or its back to DW/SW for me lol

Suzaku

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2012, 02:18:00 PM »

Both DWG and SW are improvements on the standard DW, IMHO. The characters are a bit more unique, and DWG3 does some really nifty things with fields that DW never really focused on through 6. Maybe 7 incorporated some of it (I haven'r played that one), but DWG definitely brings things to the table over vanilla DW.

Now if only we'd get a DWG Empires....

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2012, 02:45:12 PM »

Both DWG and SW are improvements on the standard DW, IMHO. The characters are a bit more unique, and DWG3 does some really nifty things with fields that DW never really focused on through 6. Maybe 7 incorporated some of it (I haven'r played that one), but DWG definitely brings things to the table over vanilla DW.

Now if only we'd get a DWG Empires....

It doesnt, and hell yes

Rau Valeth

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2012, 01:15:34 PM »

Pokemon Black 2.  I'll be choosing Oshawot as my starter when I start in a few hours like I did for my two playthroughs of the first two games of the series.  

Add Pokemon Conquest to that, just picked it up a few minutes ago.  And with that my shopping for the festive season is complete. 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 06:14:02 PM by Rau Valeth »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF