Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
December 14, 2017, 12:53:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:rx78: Please visit JAPAN TOYS AUSTRALIA For AWESOME PRICES access the site through our banner below! :):rx78:

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad

Poll

What is your status with this kit?

Want
- 6 (60%)
Backlog
- 0 (0%)
Built
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Mega Size Model 1/48 MS-06F Zaku II  (Read 1535 times)

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
Mega Size Model 1/48 MS-06F Zaku II
« on: December 19, 2011, 10:29:45 PM »

Mega Size Model 1/48 MS-06F Zaku II

Year released: Mar 2011
Release number: N/A
Size & weight: 570mm L x 380mm W x 130mm H, 1860gr
Approx cost: $130
Origin: 0079
Real men don't LOL!

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Size Model 1/48 MS-06F Zaku II
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 10:56:54 PM »

This kit is basically the same as the Char 06S except for the thrusters in the back of the legs and a different cover for the jet pack. As well as the Zaku Machinegun & Heat Hawk this also has a bazooka  :) It is molded in dark green, light green, light grey & dark grey. The water slide decal sheet is slightly different in that it has generic grunt markings instead of specific Char markings. The rest of the sheet is pretty much the same. It has a grunt head and an officers head (one has a blade antenna the other doesn't) and the bazooka sprue has a different set of fingers for the right hand.

It goes together exactly the same as the Char version and has all the dodgy bits as well, such as the energy pipes looking bloody awful if just snapped, a huge seam up the middle of the gun and you guessed it a huge seam down the majority of the bazooka. Bandai made the noisy end of the bazooka in one piece so why couldn't they do that for the rest  :-\

The instructions are pretty basic with absolutely no geeky stuff at all. They don't even give you a colour chart (that I can see) just a decal guide. The colour booklet that comes with it has some basic building tips in it as well as a diorama of the Zaku moving rocks  :-\ and a recolour with a few minor mods called an MS-06FS Zaku II GZ. When I get around to doing mine I think I'll paint it in MS Igloo colours from the episode with the Hildolfr.
Real men don't LOL!

Vector Prime

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 11:01:17 PM »

I picked up one of these guys during HLJ's all you can ship promotion recently - wasn't really expecting much, just something big and imposing that I could display in the living room.

Boy was I surprised, the construction aspect is very simplistic but incorporates an interesting technique where you simply sandwich two runners together (with polycaps in between) to create various larger parts (legs, arms, etc).

This approach is quite refreshing and should be something they maybe should consider doing for some parts in the other scale kits since it greatly speeds up the build process (maybe for fiddly, tedious parts of the construction?)

After snapping this guy together, he certainly is one big fella - articulation is limited, but he's also not a brick and certainly displays very well.

Is it everyone's cup of tea? Maybe not, but if you can pick it up cheap (sub $100), then it's worthwhile grabbing one just so you can have a kit of this scale - certainly helps that it's such an iconic character too. :)

EDIT: Sorry to steal your thunder gunny - posted the same time as you were writing your review
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:02:45 PM by Vector Prime »

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 10:02:52 PM »

Fun build. Looks awesome. 40cm bazooka is all about the win.

QuangVuong

• Commodore
  • BANNED!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 11:58:00 AM »

40cm! Thats a huge bazooka. Might have to try out a Mega size sooner or later

Canon 1Ds 24-105mm f4L
(\__/)
(=
'.'=)
(")_(")