Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
November 23, 2019, 02:00:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Zombster Official Thread  (Read 24396 times)

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile
Re: Zombster Official Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 09:43:25 PM »

That is a beautifull thing to see.
I really need to get up there one day

MrDoom

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 09:52:37 PM »

Looking good. You definetly have more then when I was last there. It's on my list to head back for a more in depth look :)

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 07:40:03 AM »

What a great range! Nicely merchandised as well. Quite similar to Japanese stores' merchandising. They will usually display the box art as much as possible, usually with the exception of the HG's due to the volume of range that they carry.

Next time I'm up I'll be sure to stop by and say hi :)

zenma5ter

• Mr. Boom Shakalaka
  • Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • Life > Gunpla
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 09:31:43 PM »

Nice!! Wish I am up North now. Do we have that kind of store in Melbourne? So far I've been to Ozanimart, Minotaur and some really bad shop in Chinatown, not impressed.
What is inexpressible is inexhaustible in its use.

TheGhostofZeon

• GAF Commodore
  • Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
    • The Ghost of Zeon
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 09:48:44 PM »

Nice!! Wish I am up North now. Do we have that kind of store in Melbourne? So far I've been to Ozanimart, Minotaur and some really bad shop in Chinatown, not impressed.

Hearns Hobbies has a bit of Gunpla and so does Animasia (though I haven't been to that one). Come to think of it, Hobby Place also has some but it's well over priced and it's not a friendly store to go into. Animezone in Box Hill used to have a ton but I haven't been there for a few years and I'm not sure what is stocked there anymore.

Mokana_man will know of more (since he is a Melbournite and I'm a Ballaratian!)

mokana_man

• Rear Admiral
  • Mecha Workshop Melbourne
    • View Profile
    • Mokana man @ youtube
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 12:34:56 AM »

Mokana_man will know of more (since he is a Melbournite and I'm a Ballaratian!)

Animasia has the best stock and prices in Melbourne because of there close relationship with Hobby Co. Hobby Place get there stock from HLJ and charges more money on top of that which is dumb. I havent been to Anime Zone for a long time too but they have scaled down a little bit due to moving to a smaller store.

The one in China Town is the old Hobby Japan which also had a store in Box Hill which turned into Akiba Hobby and has a good stock but never been there. China Town Hobby Japan is now Tokyo Hobby and are clearing out all Gundam and anime stuff. Hobby Japan was always over priced and staff were unfriendly but the new Akiba Hobby is run by a model maker and is very friendly (met him at Manifest). There is also another store at Chapple Street but I've been there and have been informed they have very little to offer. The last one is One Stop Anime, they have a good range...
Success belongs to those who are too stupid to give up!
http://www.youtube.com/user/mokanaman

hoahoa

• Lieutenant Commander
  • warghhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2010, 12:40:26 AM »

from memory zombster offer free shipping for orders over $100.... but nothing beats walking instore and seeing the range. went in today and saw the kits lining the top of the manga shelf. great stuff.

zenma5ter

• Mr. Boom Shakalaka
  • Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • Life > Gunpla
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 07:43:34 AM »

from memory zombster offer free shipping for orders over $100.... but nothing beats walking instore and seeing the range. went in today and saw the kits lining the top of the manga shelf. great stuff.

I know, it is a beautiful sight. I am gonna plan a trip up there during my break.
What is inexpressible is inexhaustible in its use.

Hoardz01

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 08:47:11 PM »

Akiba hobby is a cool little store, was my local when I was in melbourne and the little dude in there is friendly as, but is expensive and it has to be said that zombster beats them hands down in prices and is a great hub where if you can visit, you can have a chat with the crew and meet other enthusiasts. I must've been in there for a couple of hours looking and chatting first time I went in.Warning: Leave your wallet at home (or don't :-)  )

Yukikaze

• Ensign
  • ARGHBLARGH
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 04:06:22 AM »

... Guh-... GP01 PG!

*glares at everyone* Nobody else buy that!

:D

hoahoa

• Lieutenant Commander
  • warghhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 10:15:05 AM »

... Guh-... GP01 PG!

*glares at everyone* Nobody else buy that!

:D

mine! its going to be my early birthday present to myself :P

Zombster

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Zombster is Awesome
    • View Profile
    • Zombster
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 10:58:03 PM »

Sorry in being so long to respond to all you guys, I'll get to that later since I have a few comments I should respond to here first.

Working backwards:

GP01 PG - we have a few so don't fret. I'd still recommend calling on the day you plan to head in so they can have one ready for you at the front counter.

Orders over $100 - yep, free shipping Australia wide for any orders over $100. Depending on the physical size of the order, it will either be shipped through AusPost express satchels or boxed up and shipped registered post. We try our best to make sure the packaging will protect not only the goods but also the box itself.

GunPla in the south - no idea really, I suggest what Mokona-man said?

Anyway, reason for being slow in responding is that I'm currently in Japan for a holiday. So far I've bought more stuff than I think I can fit in the suitcase... but I have more 'company money' to burn so there's at least one more trip through Akihabara in order. Got a couple of kits that are older and I've been looking for, some packs of blind boxes, and some artbooks. Expect a lot of weird and interesting stuff to pop up in the store within a few weeks.

Best thing of the trip so far was eating in the Gundam Cafe. I'll get some photos up when I'm back. I'm also going to see if through our various contacts we can get a copy of the promo video they had on loop in there.

Hoardz01

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 09:55:13 AM »

If there is any Kotobukiya Zoids HMM 1/72 stuff lying around over there, feel free to stock up ;-) , I'm sure it could find homes back here, sounds like there is some local interest!

Have fun shopping.

Zombster

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Zombster is Awesome
    • View Profile
    • Zombster
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2010, 06:09:41 PM »

Note: when ordering on the website, make sure you use the abbreviated state titles to get the free shipping when ordering over $100 (for example we want you to use NSW if ordering from New South Wales). It's having issues applying the free shipping if it doesn't recognise the state from a list.

It has happened because our website software got a little update while I'm in Japan. Unfortunately I won't be able to edit this until I get back to include full length names, but it appears to be totally fixable.

If you do put through an order over $100 and it charges the freight, don't despair - we'll transfer the freight amount back to you through whatever method is most convenient.

EDIT:
Issue appears to be fixed now. If anyone still has problems, let us know.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 04:10:59 PM by Zombster »

Yukikaze

• Ensign
  • ARGHBLARGH
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 06:28:13 PM »

Do you guys have any plans of picking up some 1/100 OO Kits? I've been wanting to get my hands on a (or a few) 1/100 Overflag kit and an Exia Avalanche (only Exia kit I'm missing until they make an Exia R2) without being charged out the ass for shipping from Japan.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 06:29:29 PM by Yukikaze »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF