Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
July 23, 2019, 07:08:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Zombster Official Thread  (Read 23721 times)

Zombster

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Zombster is Awesome
    • View Profile
    • Zombster
Zombster Official Thread
« on: August 13, 2010, 11:48:56 AM »

Hi to everyone on the new forum! It's good to be back.

Zombster is a retail store in Indooroopilly Brisbane that sells a wide range of GunPla, anime, manga, shirts, and other random stuff. Best to go check out our webstore to see what types of things we have. All invoices over $100 get free shipping Australia wide, and you can pay via direct deposit - great for those without credit cards. It's all automated and easy to use.

We will be using this thread to announce new arrivals, indemand item restocks, convention appearances and events. If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them here, or send us a PM.

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
Re: Zombster Official Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 04:34:46 PM »

Welcome back Zombster! It was good meeting you guys at BAKUC. So pleased to see how fast those kits were selling!

Please feel welcome to post a pic or two of the shop, maybe a map, your trading hours etc for the good people of Brisbane.

I look forward to your first stock update. :)

hoahoa

• Lieutenant Commander
  • warghhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 04:51:16 PM »

looking forward to when you get the RG's in stock  ;D

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 04:55:00 PM »

looking forward to when you get the RG's in stock  ;D

Good call. The guy at hobbyco on Monday said they were a few weeks away so I guess that will be an indication of when the other stores will receive stock?

TheGhostofZeon

• GAF Commodore
  • Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
    • The Ghost of Zeon
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 07:57:53 PM »

When standing in line waiting to get into SMASH!, there were a few people handing out cards for a place called Hobby Dream which was a few blocks down the road from the town hall. On it they advertised RG Gundams at $38 and that they had them in stock. Strange I thought as Rhyan from Hobbyco told me that they were a few weeks away as they only came out in Japan the week before. Anyway, Alan and I went down to have a look and see if they had them, but no they didn't.

Sometime in September would be a good guess when they will be here in Australia. Any idea on the price for these Zombster??

zahmad

• Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 08:12:08 PM »

Hobby Dream are a sort of two people operation who bring in models I believe from Hongkong through unofficial channels - i.e. not via Hobbyco who are official distributers. They sometimes have great prices once a year, but stock quantity is not that great. I have found hobbyco to be very reasonably priced and stocked too in comparison!

Back to the point - even if they managed to get some RG's in, they would be gone the same day as they might have brought in 5-6 kits maybe.

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 08:42:21 PM »

I see these kits I want to buy, But knowing they will be going into storage straight away puts me off.
Zombster still has some great prices on MG and HGUC kits though

Zombster

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Zombster is Awesome
    • View Profile
    • Zombster
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 08:44:21 AM »

I'll get some new photos up once the next stock lot is in an on the shelves - things have changed quite a bit since our last lot of photos from about a year ago. I'll go back and edit that first post to include them and the other things Sonar mentioned.

On the RG kits, we are meant to be getting some in about a month or so. As we are connected closely to HobbyCo we pretty much follow their release schedule, so if you've heard something from them it's likely to be true for us too. There are a few stores that had already got some of the RG kits in, through air freight, which is why they are expected to be a lot more expensive than what we'll have them priced at. Until we receive them we're not entirely sure, but I believe the cost is meant to be somewhat between the HG and MG.

Other news, the HG Sinanju has been announced in Japan - http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN965297 (yes, EVERYONE *including us* use hlj for reference...). We've also heard *cough* rumours of a new PG to be announced within a few months but were unable to extract via force obtain any information as to what the unit was going to be other than 'not unicorn'.

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 08:51:35 AM »

HG Sinanju will be a great kit no doubt. The latest announcement to excite me is MG ReZel. Can't wait for that!

A new PG you say?!?! :anticipates furiously:

Time for some speculation!!!

:D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 09:03:00 AM by Sonar »

hoahoa

• Lieutenant Commander
  • warghhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 09:03:37 AM »

haha, looks like you stores don't get much more information than the fans  :D

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 09:08:51 AM »

This is the first I've heard of it! Good on you Zombster for sharing this juicy morcel!

random

• GA Staff
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 06:35:58 PM »

was goof to see you at smash
ive started snapping the unicorn that i got already :)

Zombster

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Zombster is Awesome
    • View Profile
    • Zombster
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 02:19:11 PM »

The restock and new stuff has finally come in.

Those who have been following that store have noticed we hadn't done any proper restocks or new items for over a month now, and that was because of getting stock sent directly to the SMASH convention. All of the remnants of SMASH have arrived, plus our restock order for the month, PLUS new stuff we haven't had yet! So, as always best to use our webstore to browse through everything we have, including details on the prices etc.

Things to note in this shipment:

PG Red Astray
PG Gundam GP01/Fb
MG Musha Mk II
MG Gundam Heavy Arms
HG G Gundam
HG ZZ Gundam
HG 1.5 Gundam (the one from the 00 movie)
HG Exia Avalanche Dash

We will finish uploading images sometime this week.

The other fun tid-bit item is we were sent a carton of the GunPla 30th Aniversary catalogue 'GunPla Navigation Catalogue 2010'. If you're after one just drop through the store to grab one, or send us an email after you've put through an online order asking for one and we'll slip it in before shipment. Note though, this is limited as we were only sent around 100 of them, and they are going fairly fast.

hoahoa

• Lieutenant Commander
  • warghhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 04:20:16 PM »

new shipment pleases me, might have to pay a visit on monday hehe. you guys have just stocked so many mg's i've been eyeing for awhile. mg ex-s.... there goes what i had for my liger mirage preorder >_<

Zombster

• Lieutenant Commander
  • Zombster is Awesome
    • View Profile
    • Zombster
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 01:22:16 PM »

It's been a year now since we started stocking GunPla, so it must be time to post new photos of our store!

Wall 1: Some PG kits and stands

Wall 2: Special coats and oversize kits across above the manga - also note the metal rack, that thing is covered both sides in MG kits

Wall 3: HG kits anyone? Probably good to mention about now that we don't put duplicates out, so each of those is a unique kit

More dynamic angle:

The Cabinet: A few more MG kits. Some members might remember that this is where we kept ALL of the GunPla when we first started carrying them

The cover of that catalogue I was talking about - note that the cover is the same artwork they've used for the RG kit

We keep built kits scattered about the store

Did I mention manga above? I think I did. Here's a photo of our Wall'o'Manga

And just because it's a great photo
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 01:25:40 PM by Zombster »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF