Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
July 23, 2019, 07:07:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:rx78: Please visit JAPAN TOYS AUSTRALIA For AWESOME PRICES access the site through our banner below! :):rx78:

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: Hobbylink Japan Official Gunpla Thread  (Read 67810 times)

HLJ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Hobbylink Japan Official Gunpla Thread
« on: September 30, 2010, 10:39:52 AM »

Hey Australian Gunplars,

The Gundam Australia Forum was kind enough to invite us to start up our own topic here in the Arms Dealer sub-forum.  HobbyLink Japan will be using this space to inform everyone of the newest preorders, sales, and new releases.  If there's anything you want to see from us please let us know.  For now, I'm gonna start with a bang.

1/60 Perfect Grade Strike Freedom Gundam!  - Preorder 20% off!
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN965506

This kit is going to be fantastic.  We're already planning on doing a special Gunpla TV video for the day it arrives plus a build review on Hobbylink.tv

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
Re: Hobbylink Japan Official Gunpla Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 10:52:40 AM »

Welcome HLJ and thank you for taking the time to create an official topic and we look forward to being updated with the new arrivals! Can't wait for the HLTV eps!

MrDoom

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 07:45:34 PM »

Good to see you guys here :)

1/60 Perfect Grade Strike Freedom Gundam!  - Preorder 20% off!
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN965506

Ill be ordering very soon ;)

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 07:46:51 PM »

I kinda want to, but my wife would kill me if i spent $300 on a single model regardless of how cool I think it might be

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 09:09:11 PM »

Tell her it's two. ;D

Hoardz01

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 09:21:14 PM »

Wow! This is awesome, the arms dealer section is starting to carry some serious weight, will be paying close attention and hopefully not miss any of those sales or preorders in the future!

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 10:29:35 PM »

And get in twice as much trouble??
Gee thanks dude
I'm supposed to be saving to go to SDCC next year so I have to be kinda good
Though I have to say its great having HLJ here, I can see them getting more of my money!!

tristan

• Rear Admiral
  • Backlog Smacklog...... he he he, Im a rear admiral
    • View Profile
    • Cheese and Spam
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 08:35:41 AM »

www.tristanforsyth.com (site online 10am-10pm) Gundam and other J Culture stuff combined with my mundane take on life, infrequently updated!
“The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it”
"All Gunplas are good, they are meant to feed our childhood dream of robot fantasy we didn't surrender to reality after growing up." (NK)

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 09:18:59 PM »

What's that you say, HLJ?

You're having a sale?

20 to 70% off some items?

I was just browsing over at HLJ looking for the Eva figure I was given recently when what should I discover? By gum they are having a sale again. (thanks for telling us...geez  :D)

Here's what caught my eye:

• MG Musha Gundam MKII  List Price: ¥6,000 Sale Price: ¥4,200 (Save 30%!)
  • HG G Gundam List Price: ¥1,800 Sale Price: ¥1,260 (Save 30%!)
  • HG Gundam X List Price: ¥1,800 Sale Price: ¥1,260 (Save 30%!)
  • MG RX-78-2 Ver 2.0 Titanium Finish List Price: ¥8,000 Sale Price: ¥5,600 (Save 30%!)
  • MG V-Dash Gundam List Price: ¥5,800 Sale Price: ¥4,060 (Save 30%!)
  • HG Unicorn Gundam Destroy Mode List Price: ¥1,800 Sale Price: ¥1,260 (Save 30%!)
  • HG Unicorn Gundam Unicorn Mode List Price: ¥1,500 Sale Price: ¥1,050 (Save 30%!)
  • HG ReZEL List Price: ¥2,000 Sale Price: ¥1,400 (Save 30%!)

• Heaps of 00 HG's

But here's the kicker:

• MG Nu Gundam w/clear parts List Price: ¥5,000 Sale Price: ¥3,500 (Save 30%!)
  • MG Gouf Ver 2.0 List Price: ¥3,800 Sale Price: ¥2,660 (Save 30%!)
  • MG Sazabi List Price: ¥8,000 Sale Price: ¥5,600 (Save 30%!)

:o :o :o :o

...and that's just the stuff I thought looked good, there's another 5 pages worth. Catch it while you can! (ahaha)

HLJ October Sale Page

tristan

• Rear Admiral
  • Backlog Smacklog...... he he he, Im a rear admiral
    • View Profile
    • Cheese and Spam
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 09:44:42 PM »

1/100 MG V Dash Gundam Ver. Ka for ~AUS$50....hmmmmmm (http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN964270)
www.tristanforsyth.com (site online 10am-10pm) Gundam and other J Culture stuff combined with my mundane take on life, infrequently updated!
“The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it”
"All Gunplas are good, they are meant to feed our childhood dream of robot fantasy we didn't surrender to reality after growing up." (NK)

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 09:46:44 PM »

There are definitely some extraordinary deals to be had in this lot. If you're keen, act quickly as the good ones go first.

hoahoa

• Lieutenant Commander
  • warghhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 09:52:41 PM »

Hlj are  having a Fedex 1/2 off shipping sale again that started today as well, would be good for overly large buys or group buys (hint hint).

though i tend to find hlj not all that competitive with their prices, hwjapan always have 30% off on their bandai kits and have similarly priced shipping. the main reason i like hlj though is because of their packaging. i love ripping into that plastic wrapping.

Yami

• Commander
  • The Last Raven
    • View Profile
    • Realm of Darkness
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 12:16:24 AM »

Oooh i am really tempted to get that 1/144 Cybuster XD

HLJ does not offer competitive price as Amiami or Hobbysearch but i would say their website are very easy to navigate and really good interface. I had shopped HWJapan before but i don't find the experience to be really good since the time taken to process order is rather lengthy and the packaging is not efficient.

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 08:31:56 AM »

These are all good reasons to shop with HLJ. What I'm hearing here is that price is still the deciding factor. This should be offset by the regular sales, right? What the others do not offer is the quality of service and vast range of in stock items.

HLJ Pros:

Easy to navigate/great search function
Regular sales
Professional Service
Well packaged
Vast range

What I am also seeing is that competition is becoming more of a factor in their pricing, the PG Strike Freedom pre order and regular sales are a good indicator of that. I think we all take for granted the level of service they offer by maintaining the best website of its kind and it has been that way for years.

So when they put on a sale and offer us the same level of service and reliability for a price that matches or is lower than their competitor's I think is a good time to take advantage of it, not to complain about their regular pricing.

Have any of you walked into a hobby store lately? Do you see the prices they charge for materials? It's outrageous! Scale modelling is not a cheap hobby. By comparison we've actuially got it pretty good.

Ok so you've all seen the competition's pricing, but how many of you have actually bought something from them?
Now answer me this: how many of you have bought something from HLJ?
Finally tell me which experience was superior?

I have bought from 4 of the big 5 and nobody has the package of easy navigation & great interface, service, packaging, and reliability locked down like HLJ does. I have received good service and I have waited 3 days for my order to even be acknowledged. I have received well packed orders and insufficiently packaged  orders. I have found some sites OK to navigate and some so user-unfriendly I couldn't be bothered even trying to buy from them. There may be cheaper prices, but what I see is HLJ working towards showing that they can be competitive and still offer the superior service. Customer service is everything in a business and if you strive to provide outstanding customer service every single time you will earn loyalty and new business as well.

I think it is a really good thing to have dialogue between the consumers and the retailers, for both parties. So whilst it is poor netiquitte to come into a supplier's official topic and complain about their pricing I am going to allow it here so long as it is kept polite and tactful. As far as I'm concerned its a non-issue as I've outlined above: when they have their sales, which is more frequently than every two months at the moment, they are offering us the same or better prices with the same level of service.

It only takes one bad experience to sour you on a service no matter how good the prices are. Conversely, it takes effort to maintain great customer service and earn the loyalty of your customers.

hoahoa

• Lieutenant Commander
  • warghhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 08:41:28 AM »

i'll have to agree with you there, hlj is the easiest and most friendly to navigate (having shopped at a few other online stores), i've always really liked how they show the expected shipping on a single item. its probably because the founder is american(don't quote me on that) and knows what makes things easier for westerners to order. i guess its just a matter of effort over pricing.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 08:44:29 AM by hoahoa »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF