Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
June 25, 2019, 02:19:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:rx78: Please visit JAPAN TOYS AUSTRALIA For AWESOME PRICES access the site through our banner below! :):rx78:

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 1/72 F-105D Thunderchief  (Read 1315 times)

potchip

• Commander
    • View Profile
1/72 F-105D Thunderchief
« on: September 18, 2011, 08:53:55 PM »

Old Hasegawa kit that I regret buying after opening the box (was on special from hlj) 70's kit with about 50 odd parts total. Strange looking canopy hood, raised panel lines. At least decal stencil is decent. Have mostly built ww2 aircraft, not familiar with the size of modern jets.

Used mainly to familiarise myself with a new airbrush.

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: 1/72 F-105D Thunderchief
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 12:11:12 PM »

doesnt look too bad now thats its finished, looks pretty good actually, nice paint work too

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 07:13:16 AM »

Nice one potchip. I think you've done quite well given the age of the kit. So tell me are these 70's kits just dead stock or are they still manufacturing them from the 70's design? Thanks for sharing!

potchip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 09:38:12 AM »

Thanks guys. Feel like the current sci-fi phase is...slipping...! Will probably dabble in some other medium for a bit, until the zoid kit arrives that is..

Plastic kit manufacturers (Hasegawa, Airfix, Revell being the main offenders) routinely re-pop old kits, sometimes with new boxing, some times chucking in a new decal. Even when a new tool (like v2.0 in gundam) is out by the same company, they still sometimes churn out the old version, just like bandai (with the OYW colours, special editions), even if it's just a variant in name only. As mold deteriorate over time, the newer releases of older mold's quality continue to slip. Which is why some of the older Monogram vintage kits are more sought after by builders because parts actually align when the mold was relatively new!

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 10:31:52 AM »

Keep sharing your work with us mate. Gundam will still be waiting for you when you tire of planes. :)
Pages: [1]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF