Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
March 25, 2017, 09:57:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: Master Grade Delta Plus Recolour Challenge! **WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!**  (Read 54107 times)

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
Re: Master Grade Delta Plus Recolour Challenge! **PRIZES ANNOUNCED!!**
« Reply #405 on: March 17, 2012, 11:37:22 AM »

**Drumroll

...and the winners are......

Surprising actually!

I envisioned some wild departures from the stock standard grey, and what I got was a couple of shades on the colour wheel at most.  :D

When I initially launched this idea I thought that the design of the kit and the close-to-primer grey that the original images portrayed was a relatively blank canvas begging for some wild alterations. I thought it was a real imagination exciter. Something to get the creativity burning.

As you will see below, all of the completed entries were of a very high standard, not deviating more than two shades away from grey. Silver. Gold. Black. Light grey. We almost had a pink one but it wasn't to be. We almost had a bright yellow as well but that came unstuck as well. Perhaps it is the curse of the Delta Plus? ;)

Spoiler: Discussing the Kit (click to show/hide)

On to the competition:

As with all competitions we have more starters than we do finishers so let me first congratulate everybody who finished and secondly thank all of you who attempted an entry. I still would love to see those who did not make it to completion do so.

By your accounts this was a difficult and trying kit to complete. Well done on making it happen.

All of the completed entries are of a high standard. I would go so far as to call some of them exceptional.

So let's have a look at the entries shall we?

Falldog

Shauno

Spoiler: More from Shauno (click to show/hide)

Wolfman X

Spoiler: More from Wolfman X (click to show/hide)

Yami

Spoiler: More from Yami (click to show/hide)

Zenma5ter

Spoiler: More from Zenma5ter (click to show/hide)

...and the winners are......

;D

1st Place: Falldog! Winning a MG Full Armor Unicorn courtesy of Hobbylink Japan

Smooth, fresh, and clean. The Big Boi of the Delta Plus recolour comp. For my liking the most imaginative and professionally executed paint job. Light colours are difficult to apply smoothly and evenly, and the yellow compliments the grey so well. Metallic red pistons for some pop and the medium and darker tones to tie it all together. Bonus points go to Falldog for the awesome base which I really like a lot, for going to the trouble to take 15 good photos, and for transforming the kit once painted. I also enjoyed the addition of the ReZEL Commander's BFG and the extra ReZEL rifle added to the backpack. None of these things influenced my decision however. Solely looking at colours and application.

Falldog you mention having enough MG Unicorns to start a small army. If you wish to swap your FA Unicorn with one of the other guys for one of their HG Banshees that's your call mate. ;)

2nd Place: Wolfman X! Winning a HG Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee - Destroy Mode courtesy of Hobbylink Japan

For a smart and subdued shift in pigmentation ;) The differences in tone that you have achieved are subtle and really very complimentary to each other. The chrome frame and bazooka bring it to life, and the gold highlights on the pistons, beam saber handle, and shield barrels make it sparkle. I'd love to have seen that gold used somewhere on the upper body and pehaps as a highlight on the bazooka as well. This is pretty close to the ReZEL colour scheme which is something I was really hoping to see. Great to see you advancing with the Airbrush at such a steady pace mate. Props to you for being consistent throughout and making it by the deadline.

3rd Place: Zenma5ter! Winning a HG Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee - Unicorn Mode courtesy of Hobbylink Japan

Chrome, black, and grey. Simple, dark, stealthy. I imagine this Delta Plus arriving from nowhere and departing just as quickly, leaving half a dozen pieces of dismembered mobile suit in its wake. It is the contrast here that excites me, backed up with some very clean application. Props to you mate for scrapping your original idea and coming through in the clutch with only moments to spare. A mid court buzzer beater if ever there were one! I would have loved to have seen the Bumblebee yellow version. ;)

Congratulations guys! Thank you for participating in the Gundam Australia Delta Plus Recolour comp! Your prizes will be forwarded directly to you from HLJ. Please now contact me via PM to ensure I have your current address on file.

My decision was solely based on how well I thought each entrant applied a different colour scheme to the Delta Plus both in terms of palette selection and paint application. It was a difficult decision and entirely came down to my personal preference :P I liked each of the entries for different reasons, but winners must be chosen.

Yami: I loved your Hyaku Shiki Delta Plus. Very smoothly applied and faithfully replicated. I wish you had included more shots with the backpack!
Shauno: Beautiful application and great selection of colours. Some very, very nice metallics ever so slightly let down in the prep of some areas.

You guys both score a 10% off discount code for a HLJ order. Please PM me to claim your prize.

Please also allow me to extend my apologies that I was unable to acquire the spare rifle parts prior to closing the comp. The spare parts shipment has been at a waypoint for some time and will arrive in the next few days for those of you who are still interested. I did reduce the number of rifles from 10 to 3 as I couldn't imagine selling all of them at what will probably be closer to $15 each than $10.

Furthermore my apologies for the delay in the announcement. My wife and I just had a little baby boy so I think that is a good enough excuse ;)

A special thank you to FuryS12 for your Delta Plus Recolour App, and your ongoing help with the site. You are invaluable to us mate. My sincere thanks.

Finally I would like to say a very special thank you to Syd and Ryan at HLJ for providing the prizes for the competition, for being great to work with, and for their ongoing support of Gundam Australia. You guys rock.

Thank you Hobbylink Japan!

;D

Anazasi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Dark side of the Sun
Re: Master Grade Delta Plus Recolour Challenge! **WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!**
« Reply #406 on: March 17, 2012, 11:45:05 AM »

oh man I wish I joined in...

Congratz to the winners!!

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 17, 2012, 12:03:13 PM »

As do I although I have the day now anyway lol next recolor comp I'm so in

Great write up sonar :D

congratulations to all who won and participated job well done All round

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 17, 2012, 01:17:34 PM »

Congratulations chaps, well done all around :)

TheGhostofZeon

• GAF Commodore
  • Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
    • The Ghost of Zeon
« Reply #409 on: March 17, 2012, 02:37:54 PM »

Congrats to the winners! All were deserving of their places. Well done everyone!!

potchip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 17, 2012, 02:45:01 PM »

A well run group build. Well done to everyone for participating.

zenma5ter

• Mr. Boom Shakalaka
  • Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • Life > Gunpla
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 17, 2012, 05:00:57 PM »

It's good fun reading your write up and I really did not expect to earn a place on the top 3. Thank you! It was a great experience and I enjoyed climbing the learning curve (and tumbling all the way down). The pressure of finishing at the last minute is invigorating and I love every second of it. Thank you once again for organising this Group Build and thank you Fury for that wonderful app (it really helped the planning process). 

To all the other contestants, I tip my hat to all of you, it is inspiring to see all the magnificent work presented (inspired me to finish mine) and shall we meet again in future GBs!
What is inexpressible is inexhaustible in its use.

Ethan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 17, 2012, 05:06:32 PM »

Congratulations to everybody who entered and especially to those who won!

Wolfman X

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 17, 2012, 05:15:44 PM »

Lol Zen only by the skin of your teeth. Heck I didn't expect to be in the top 3
 Learnt a great deal myself with the airbrushing and the lack of paint I needed for the colour schemes before going with the one I used I was afraid it wasn't enough to scratch the recolour scheme. I'm glad I am in the top 3 and now it inspires me to improve more. Thanks for putting up this comp sonar and to those who took part, awesome job recolouring yours esp falldog!
Aka: Wolfman, Wolfie, WMX, Wolfenhiem.

Shaid

• GA Staff
  • Commodore
  • Inappropriate avatars for the win!
    • View Profile
    • Gunblog!
« Reply #414 on: March 17, 2012, 05:47:07 PM »

Grats guys for winning! I would've found this hard to judge, 'cause the two metallic ones look very nice too! Falldog is a well-deserved winner here, his Delta looks fantastic.

@Sonar: When I get around to finishing mine (with the ankles and rifle you've got arriving) it wont be grey, if that's any consolation. Wont be pink either though.

Falldog

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Otaku Revolution
« Reply #415 on: March 18, 2012, 04:43:19 AM »

Wow, this is fantastic. With all the troubles I had on my build looking at the final shots and how it all came together was just the greatest feeling. Winning is just icing on the cake.

All of the builds in this group project are phenomenal. I just wish it were possible to get all of them together for a great group shot.

I just spent three minutes walking around my apartment punching the air in enjoyment. Not so much as that I won, but because it fulfills my need for a 5th MG Unicorn. I'm planning on taking the yellow psycho frame from the MG Banshee, putting it in a MG Unicorn and painting it a Titans MKII inspired theme. Then I'm going to use FA and Banshee parts to make a FA Banshee.

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #416 on: March 18, 2012, 09:49:12 AM »

Wow, this is fantastic. With all the troubles I had on my build looking at the final shots and how it all came together was just the greatest feeling. Winning is just icing on the cake.

All of the builds in this group project are phenomenal. I just wish it were possible to get all of them together for a great group shot.

I just spent three minutes walking around my apartment punching the air in enjoyment. Not so much as that I won, but because it fulfills my need for a 5th MG Unicorn. I'm planning on taking the yellow psycho frame from the MG Banshee, putting it in a MG Unicorn and painting it a Titans MKII inspired theme. Then I'm going to use FA and Banshee parts to make a FA Banshee.

This.

Wow. It sounds amazing. Now I'm really glad you came in 1st.

Well done guys. Thank you for participating.

Thank you also to those who commented in and followed this topic. You are as much a part of the success of this GB/comp as the participants. ;)

~PINK~GUNDAM~OF~DOOM

• Commander
  • Commander of the pink corps ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 18, 2012, 01:37:09 PM »

congrats to everyone that placed

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile