Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
March 25, 2017, 09:39:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The Harbinger of Revolution - The MG Epyon Group Build  (Read 16388 times)

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
Re: The Harbinger of Revolution - The MG Epyon Group Build
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2011, 12:55:16 PM »

Hmm....I might be entering this, depends on if GSAM has the kit in stock when I visit or if I'll have to pick it up through Gundam Guy. Already got my plans all in place, at least. ;)
You going to Ann Harbor, MI?

Yeah, I'll be headed up there tomorrow morning. Their site doesn't have it so i'm not exactly getting my hopes up, but knowing how well they keep the site up-to-date...
lol if you pass by Indianapolis, be sure to wave my direction. Let me know how it goes, I'm thinking about going up there myself before Youmacon in Detroit.

I'll try to remember to take pictures this time. :) I'm in Ohio though, so I don't think I'll be passing through that way haha.
Didn't know how you were traveling, you aren't going all the way to Michigan for the warehouse are you? lol

lupes

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • It's A Gundaaaam!
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2011, 04:19:59 PM »

Hmm....I might be entering this, depends on if GSAM has the kit in stock when I visit or if I'll have to pick it up through Gundam Guy. Already got my plans all in place, at least. ;)

Yeah, I'll be headed up there tomorrow morning. Their site doesn't have it so i'm not exactly getting my hopes up, but knowing how well they keep the site up-to-date...
lol if you pass by Indianapolis, be sure to wave my direction. Let me know how it goes, I'm thinking about going up there myself before Youmacon in Detroit.

I'll try to remember to take pictures this time. :) I'm in Ohio though, so I don't think I'll be passing through that way haha.
Didn't know how you were traveling, you aren't going all the way to Michigan for the warehouse are you? lol

It's only an hour and a half away from me, but I drive like Char's Zaku moves so we made the trip in about an hour. I definitely did though.

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2011, 05:09:41 PM »

It's only an hour and a half away from me, but I drive like Char's Zaku moves so we made the trip in about an hour. I definitely did though.
Well that's awesome! How are they doing?

Dakaramor

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2011, 07:11:24 AM »

just a quick heads up for those using the translated color guide: make sure you are using the right brand of paint, Mr. Color, not Mr Hobby. Mr Hobby wine red is much lighter and will result in a sort of pink color. Guess who has two thumbs and wasted a bunch of paint? This guy.

Well, not totally wasted. My fiancee has a Justice Gundam she wants to do and that one has pink on it. Unless she decides to paint it black. Meh, it'll get used somehow I'm sure.

Dakaramor

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2011, 09:14:39 AM »

Its been kinda quiet in here ;-p

Work has progressed well with the Epyon. I've gotten the Kit painted and mostly together with its first clearcoat. I am doing the panel lining and decals now. I have to say that a few of the decals are unfortunately placed on the sliders for the wings and will be leaving them off. Once that is done, one more gloss coat to seal it then a flat coat to finish it. I move forward with a bit of trepidation as this will be my first time using a Flat topcoat and also my first time using my airbrush for a clear coat. I understand clear coats can clog airbrushes fairly easily so I'll have to be careful ;-p

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2011, 11:58:10 AM »

wow youve worked fast to have it painted already

Vamp

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2011, 01:34:32 PM »

@ Dakaramor, thanks for the update.  You are certainly very fast.  Can't wait to see photos of your Epyon :)

I am still in the process of getting the Color Scheme of "White Epyon" right before building it.
I photocopied the manual (the page showing you where to put decal on) and use colour pencil to paint it.  Also, I am thinking what extra detail I can add in to Epyon as well.

Should post more update at later stage :)

Dakaramor

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2011, 06:26:07 PM »

I have a lot more free time since my job is getting less busy at the moment and I quit playing Warcraft ;-p

I have a pretty good system going as far as cutting, cleaning and prepping for paint. I basically follow along the manual, cutting parts out in that order and putting them in trays as I go. I play with the parts and get a feel for how they go together. Once all the parts are cut out, I sand and then wash all the parts that are going to be a given color, then paint. While those dry I prep the next color and so on. It mkes for a pretty efficient assembly line style work flow^^

On a sad note, a few of the dry transfers gave me trouble so I had to leave a few off. On the plus side it was on the legs that I thought were a little too busy with all the decals so I may have left them off anyway to tone it down a bit.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 06:27:30 PM by Dakaramor »

Vamp

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2011, 11:26:56 PM »

I'm just wondering that would Bandai release water slide decal for MG Epyon or not. or else, I might need to look it out from Sameul Decal.
I personally like Water Slide Decal better.  

I haven't tried applying dry transer decal yet, was it hard to apply compare with water slide decal?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 10:57:01 PM by Vamp »

Dakaramor

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2011, 01:16:22 AM »

For flat surfaces, I'd say they're easier. But once the Decal is down, its there and there is no moving it. For surfaces with any drastic bend to it or big dip it can be a serious pain and you have to tape the plastic backing very well and in those instances a water slide is far superior.

Overall I'd say water slides are probably a bit easier to work with and more forgiving but you need to use mark sol to get the same painted on look I am getting with these dry transfers. Once they are on and you have the protective gloss coat over them the dry transfers look amazing.

If I were to do this over again I would get water slides and use them for certain parts and the dry transfers for other parts depending on the part of the kit.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 01:17:27 AM by Dakaramor »

Shaid

• GA Staff
  • Commodore
  • Inappropriate avatars for the win!
    • View Profile
    • Gunblog!
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2011, 02:15:59 PM »

Now that the PGSFGOTA is over, I've got time for more kits!

So count me in for this GB. Now, what colour scheme to use...

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2011, 02:40:11 PM »

Glad to see you onboard, Shaid, i'm excited for this GB to kick off again, i'm looking for inspiration to get cracking back at this kit. I really wanna see someone do the Epyon in Gundam colors like the one shown in a recent hobby magazine, you up to the task Shaid!?

EDIT: It's called Epyon Bai from Frozen Teardrop. Someone had some photos up from Gundam Eclipse.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 02:43:10 PM by ZETA NEWTYPE »

Shaid

• GA Staff
  • Commodore
  • Inappropriate avatars for the win!
    • View Profile
    • Gunblog!
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2011, 03:07:07 PM »

Well, you know I like white... and blue... and gold...

Might not do exactly that scheme (chest and head are too blue), but something similar is sure possible!

I could do something based on that and the Wildwurger's colours.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 03:19:06 PM by Shaid »

Xenomorph

• Commander
  • Whoop!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2011, 03:20:10 PM »

Just Got one of these kits though i don't have any idea what i will do with it.
Fear the Facehugger!

Zesaviourta666

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2011, 04:47:38 AM »

Had mine sitting there for a bit, plus participating in the 00 Raiser GB as well, want to participate but not sure what colour to do (Gundam Epyon Hyper Mode maybe?) Anyway will have to see how the other stuff ive got turns out first, got some ideas for my MG Qan[T] and Exia Ignition Mode as well.........so much on my list plus more stuff coming......(RG Freedom and MG Sandrock...)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF