Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
October 18, 2017, 09:03:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The Harbinger of Revolution - The MG Epyon Group Build  (Read 17767 times)

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
The Harbinger of Revolution - The MG Epyon Group Build
« on: July 01, 2011, 08:40:53 AM »

Alright, the straight contest has been wiped and this has been transformed into a group build with the prizes still remaining for those who make outstanding Epyons. So what do we what to see? Be creative! A lot of you like me was brought into Gundam with Gundam Wing, what did you think when you first saw Epyon? To me, the song "Legend of Zero" combined with the first shot of the kneeling Epyon is something I'll never forget in Gundam Wing. You wanted to see more. What was this machine? It was to become the Harbinger of Revolution. So obviously a degree of being a Gundam Wing fan helps, but it doesn't mean you still can't win, if you create a jaw-dropping build, you're just as likely to win, but the prizes are no longer the focus....this is just a group build, with some added extras...some motivation if you will! Treize still demands perfection!  8)

Rules

1. MG Epyon Only. No NG, HG, etc.

2. Mods are welcome as long as the original kit is used.

3. Basic straight builds are prohibited for prize consideration, but just fine for the GB. Straight Builds must be panel lined and/or decaled at least for consideration of prizes. Push your limits, if you're going to show off something, make it worthwhile!

4. Prizes will be issued to winner(s) at the cut off date of February 1, 2012. You got plenty of time to become a contender.

5. The Group Build is Open End even after builds for contest are submitted at cut off date Feb, 1, 2012.

6. Prizes are issued by your fellow GAF staff and members, out of their own pockets and collections. Negativity towards the prizes will not be tolerated. Please respect your fellow Gunplars. Some prizes and the like are subject to change.

GB Banner:

Participants/WIPs
Zeta Newtype
Dakaramor

Finished Builds

N/A

This GB has now been absorbed into the Gundam Wing EW GB!

Clicky!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 10:37:49 AM by ZETA NEWTYPE »

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
Re: A Declaration of War - A Challenge Issued - Starts July 5th!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 09:15:46 AM »

"dramatic much?"

Hahaha. Outstanding post!

So who's down to win some free gunpla? All you have to do is snap some pics really.

I know there's significant interest in the MG Epyon so it will be interesting to see what GAF is able to produce here.

Let's go! ;D

:haro:

Kjasi

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Gunpla Battle Ground
Re: Wing Zero Vs. Epyon - A GAF Challenge Issued - Starts July 5th!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 10:03:24 AM »

I find it ironic that we have to purchase (or have purchased) two MG models for a chance to win two HG models...

I would love to join this group, but I'd have to purchase both kits, and I don't have the money to do that right now.

BTW: The 3rd image is showing up as "Hosted by Tripod". Might want to tinypic.com that image.

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 10:23:52 AM »

I find it ironic that we have to purchase (or have purchased) two MG models for a chance to win two HG models...

I would love to join this group, but I'd have to purchase both kits, and I don't have the money to do that right now.

BTW: The 3rd image is showing up as "Hosted by Tripod". Might want to tinypic.com that image.
No one has to do anything. This is purely for good fun and it is intended for those who are already getting the Epyon since it just released, and who may have a MG Wing Zero built or in the backlog, while it is unfortunate you cannot join us, I cannot agree with your attitude towards the prizes. Whether or not one chooses to purchase the Wing Zero or Epyon for this contest is completely up to them.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 10:24:42 AM by ZETA NEWTYPE »

Kjasi

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Gunpla Battle Ground
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 10:30:26 AM »

Damn internet and it's lack of ability to convey expressions properly...

I should of added a smiley to that. I find it funny. I'm not complaining or anything. I just find it humorous that we'd be working with MGs to win HGs. *is smiling while I says that.*

iceman90

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 11:35:51 AM »

Ohhh ...... I do have a completed Wing Zero custom and am planning to get an MG Epyon..... Too bad the Wing is around 5000km away from where I am....  :-\ Nice of you to have this challenge though Zeta.  ;)

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 11:39:28 AM »

Mmm interesting I really want that epyon and this is a great excuse to get the zero too, depending on how much saving time the close date allows my poor uni ass I will be a late entrant in this

Also there was just the right amount of drama Imo lol

potchip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 12:03:03 PM »

Damn internet and it's lack of ability to convey expressions properly...

I should of added a smiley to that. I find it funny. I'm not complaining or anything. I just find it humorous that we'd be working with MGs to win HGs. *is smiling while I says that.*

Similar initial feeling, perhaps the word is 'amused'.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:04:11 PM by potchip »

Kjasi

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Gunpla Battle Ground
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 12:19:32 PM »

Similar initial feeling, perhaps the word is 'amused'.
That works great!

StraitStealth

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • S.X.2 GUNDAM
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 01:39:05 PM »

Hey,what about we form 2 groups,1 doing wing,1 doing epyon and at the end we see which groups have the better builds.The reason why i'm suggesting this,is that building 2 MG kit and a diorama for both is a tough task and it is going to take ages.Do understand that I am very interested in this idea,i'm just worried about time.
Enough is Enough. Moderation is the KEY.
Come see my blog at http://sx2gundam.blogspot.com/ now!!

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 01:57:40 PM »

Hey,what about we form 2 groups,1 doing wing,1 doing epyon and at the end we see which groups have the better builds.The reason why i'm suggesting this,is that building 2 MG kit and a diorama for both is a tough task and it is going to take ages.Do understand that I am very interested in this idea,i'm just worried about time.
The contest is a photo contest, which requires the Epyon and Wing Zero to be engage in battle. No dio is required. You may do so if you wish. The deadline for this contest will be long to meet the demand. I will take all opinions and apply them to Rule 4, which states things could change before the July 5th launch. This isn't intended to be a Group Build, but it sounds like it's going that way. :D

StraitStealth

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • S.X.2 GUNDAM
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 02:09:16 PM »

Ic,maybe i read it wrongly,sry about that.I was thinking of a epyon group build too,but yours better:)But i'm not a fan of photoshop...Haha...
Enough is Enough. Moderation is the KEY.
Come see my blog at http://sx2gundam.blogspot.com/ now!!

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 11:18:42 PM »

I see the funny side of the prizes. :)

But I would point out that everything you see here at this forum is funded by me personally, and any prizes that have been offered so far are by way of generous donations from our members.

Thanks to Hemish for the prizes. :)

I also see Zeta's point, and I would reiterate: This is just a bit of fun in posing and photographing for anyone who is intending on getting the Epyon and who may already have a Wing (ver. ka is ok btw) or plans on getting one to pose them together.

As it turned out I have a couple of Wing kits that Hemish gave me ages ago to use as giveaways which I thought would make relevant prizes when Zeta stepped to me with the idea of a photo comp to highlight the Epyon release.

It would be super cool if we could do something in terms of winning the set of MG Wing Kits.

However I'd love to go into negotiations with HLJ for some better prizes for this one, I am reluctant to ask them for too much as I have already been asking for a bit lately and I don't want to wear out the friendship. This last comment hints towards an upcoming major GAF announcement. Stay tuned.... :)

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 12:00:16 AM »

This last comment hints towards an upcoming major GAF announcement. Stay tuned.... :)
Ive glued the tuning knob in place im THAT tuned lol

from what i gather with this comp/build its not to do some crazy as dio but more just a photo setup competition, in a booth, in a bush, in space if you can that captures the epicness of the wing epyon battle rather then a dio/build/mod comp

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 12:32:51 AM »

Spot on.

They don't even have to be painted!

Just a MG Wing and an MG Epyon in an awesome battle pose.

Awww. I have to buy an MG Epyon to participate. Sux2Bme... ;D Can't wait to build it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF