Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
January 27, 2020, 11:59:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:rx78: Please visit JAPAN TOYS AUSTRALIA For AWESOME PRICES access the site through our banner below! :):rx78:

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: New Gundam Series - Gundam AGE - Trailers, Gunpla Info, Release Info Added!  (Read 55186 times)

Falldog

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Otaku Revolution
Re: New Gundam Series - Gundam Age - Trailer, Gunpla Info Added!
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2011, 03:55:12 PM »

:(

I'm writing up a large article on my thoughts and it's no good if I can't even get the basic concept down.

Garret Masterson

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2011, 04:51:28 PM »

So, I'm confused. Are all of the three generation characters (grandfather/father/son) all on the show at the same time? Why do the character designs I saw all look the same age?

From what I noticed from the gunplas they've listed it as Age-1 so I think there'll be an Age-2 and Age-3 designs. Right now the gundam design we're seeing are from the time of the grandfather. I hope to see more sleeker designs for the son and the desendant. 

Judging from the trailer the story looks a bit dark.  I hope it'll be a kill em all storyline like Gundam Zeta

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2011, 06:18:04 PM »

Hard out designs. Like 00 meets Wing. I like the red one and the main one. I will buy the Mega Size for sure. These designs have grown on me already.

Busterbeam shared this one on :fb:

What's with the digimon dragon thing? ???

tristan

• Rear Admiral
  • Backlog Smacklog...... he he he, Im a rear admiral
    • View Profile
    • Cheese and Spam
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2011, 07:14:01 PM »

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/06/lets-look-at-plastic-mechs

Has more pics and some info. The built in chip idea sounds intriguing but ultimately useless if you can only 'gage' them in store
www.tristanforsyth.com (site online 10am-10pm) Gundam and other J Culture stuff combined with my mundane take on life, infrequently updated!
“The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it”
"All Gunplas are good, they are meant to feed our childhood dream of robot fantasy we didn't surrender to reality after growing up." (NK)

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2011, 07:42:30 PM »

Lots of good pics at that link. Thanks for sharing tristan.

I just noticed the "spoiler" on the Gundam Age's back. My first instinct is one of dislike, but usually I grow to like things for the reason that they are new or different.

I think the chip idea is awesome. Extending on the premise of Gunpla Builder's Beginning G, and also making it more of a social hobby. Getting the kids out and interacting with each other and their gunpla is a stroke of brilliance. We all know how the Japanese embrace new technology.

I'm into it. It's gonna be fun.

tristan

• Rear Admiral
  • Backlog Smacklog...... he he he, Im a rear admiral
    • View Profile
    • Cheese and Spam
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2011, 08:48:14 PM »

Yes, the Japanese love their technology but I wonder how it will work in the overseas market (especially as Im guessing what the typical age of a gunpla builder is outside of Japan given what I have seen on various forums including ours)- this is what I meant by 'useless'.

I would love to to see the ability to 'gage' between models without the station...maybe a special mod chip for MG and above? Connect by USB / micro sd style card to the net?? Bluetooth to a phone??? (I guess Im thinking of people like myself being so far away from their local shop-Hobbyco in my case- where the gage station is used if you buy in shop)

Either way, it looks interesting and I would love to see how they work and where they go with this!
www.tristanforsyth.com (site online 10am-10pm) Gundam and other J Culture stuff combined with my mundane take on life, infrequently updated!
“The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it”
"All Gunplas are good, they are meant to feed our childhood dream of robot fantasy we didn't surrender to reality after growing up." (NK)

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2011, 05:24:26 AM »

I think you can basically forget about any overseas support for these gage-ing devices. I'm pretty sure those will be local only, so they will only be novelty items to use if we choose to purchase them.

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2011, 05:25:52 AM »

Level 5, the developers helping to make Gundam Age and developers of such games as Izuma(?) Eleven and Professor Layton are also making a Gundam RPG game for Gundam Age. I hope this is good now because the idea of a Gundam RPG is interesting.

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2011, 08:44:24 AM »

I think you can basically forget about any overseas support for these gage-ing devices. I'm pretty sure those will be local only, so they will only be novelty items to use if we choose to purchase them.

QFT. My post was basically taking this as a given. I think you misinterpreted, Tristan. :)

Falldog

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Otaku Revolution
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2011, 01:09:47 PM »

It took awhile, but my thoughts on Gundam AGE... http://otakurevolution.com/content/gundam-age-a-preliminary-consideration

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2011, 01:28:39 PM »

Level 5, the developers helping to make Gundam Age and developers of such games as Izuma(?) Eleven and Professor Layton are also making a Gundam RPG game for Gundam Age. I hope this is good now because the idea of a Gundam RPG is interesting.
Level 5 make great games so age or not im interested in this :)

TheBloody13th

• Commander
  • ..... You got a problem there?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2011, 01:58:51 PM »

I'm a serious RPG Gamer. shis Level 5 RPG Game has my attention

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2011, 03:17:35 PM »

It took awhile, but my thoughts on Gundam AGE... http://otakurevolution.com/content/gundam-age-a-preliminary-consideration

That is an in depth post. I skimmed it and will look forward to reading it later as time permits.

Falldog

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Otaku Revolution
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2011, 05:46:38 PM »

That is an in depth post. I skimmed it and will look forward to reading it later as time permits.

I tried to be as thorough and balanced as possible.

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2011, 06:47:18 PM »

I'm glad that after careful consideration I can't stand the sight of the new Gundams, leaves me more money to spend on other things  :)

I hope Bandai are not going to flog this series at the expense of other new releases. Although I suppose there's a bright side to things if they do, I can catch up on some earlier kits I don't have.
Real men don't LOL!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF