Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
May 24, 2017, 02:39:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:rx78: Please visit JAPAN TOYS AUSTRALIA For AWESOME PRICES access the site through our banner below! :):rx78:

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 1/100 MG Destiny Ver. SLY  (Read 4124 times)

Shifty

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
1/100 MG Destiny Ver. SLY
« on: June 02, 2011, 01:32:49 PM »

Here are some pics of my completed MG destiny

I tried to do a few things with this build and I think I have achieved them but left some room to improve  ;)

I wanted to complete a clean build, panel line with enamel for the 1st time and not have any top coat issue's like i did with my MG Kaempfer.

This kit came with stickers and a couple of dry transfers so I chose note to use the stickers but that left me with only a few markings so I used some other dry transfers from old kits to try and add a bit more detail

Here is a pic of a snap fitted Destiny (not mine)

Here are a few pics of mine......

More in spoiler......

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Action shot....

Again more in spoiler.....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hope you enjoy the pics..... had fun on this build  :) now on to the next  ;D

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: 1/100 MG Destiny Ver. SLY
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 01:44:31 PM »

love it great color scheme nice job man i particularly like that the color scheme continues on the weapon and continues to look good on the weapon too lol, id be happy if my colors scheme come out that good

jasonh768

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 02:32:10 PM »

came out awesome bro, now i gotta hurry up and finish wing so we can get some qubeleys going.

shadow298

• Rear Admiral
  • UNLEASH THE GUAN
    • View Profile
    • And the Geek Shall Inherit the Earth blog
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 04:34:09 PM »

very interesting paint and colour choice but works well because it is so unique! \m/
"Ego futurus. ut est totus"

-I Exist. That Is All

for geek related goodness, check out these: @andthegeekshall
http://andthegeekshallinherit.tumblr.com/
http://andthegeekshall.wordpress.com/

Hoardz01

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 09:02:43 PM »

Nice work shifty, the colour scheme came together really well and the action poses look awesome. The decals you used really finished the kit off and overall, you couldn't ask for more from a clean build ! Top job

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 09:10:29 PM »

Great recolour dude, looks the biz for sure, the greens all come together smashingly with the other colours

Whats next then?

The Quebley??

zenma5ter

• Mr. Boom Shakalaka
  • Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • Life > Gunpla
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 08:42:13 AM »

Bugger it, you've done it again Shifty. 'Nuff said.
What is inexpressible is inexhaustible in its use.

Shifty

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 08:53:31 AM »

Thanks fella's :)

@ Fury....  Cheers mate, in hindsight I would have painted most of the weapons in the beige and used the grey as some highlights but its done now and will make me think a bit more for next time

@ Jason..... thanks bro I appreciated your comments through the WIP :) Yeah now its Quebly time :)

@ Shadow.... Cheers mate, I have not seen many beige kits so I thought why not and i think green goes with everything ha ha ha

@ Hoardz.... Thanks my man..... That pose took me a bit of time to strike but worth it in the end, getting both arms to hold the sword without popping the shoulder armour was a challenge

@ Hemish.... If the king of green approves I cant have gone to bad :) Yep Quebley soon I have some music stuff to do over the next couple of weeks (massive gigs coming up :) ) so wont be starting for a little bit

@ Zen..... Glad you like it bro :) Nuff said lol

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 08:24:23 AM »

Outstanding. Absolutely unique colour scheme. Crisp and clean paint work, and thye colours are very complimentary. Critiques: A dark face on a lighter head is difficult to pull off. Winds up looking like a surgeon's mask. Is that a nub on the top of the cheek or a paint pool? I applaud your use of dry transfers from various kits to dress it up a bit, and the markings look great. One small point though is that marking a SEED unit with both Arch Angel and ZAFT would be like marking a U.C. unit with White Base and the Zeon insignia. In terms of the overall level of WIN you have achieved here, my nitpicks are of little significance.

The calibre of your work and the speed with which you learn and apply new techniques continues to impress me Shifty. The frame looks particularly nice. Great work mate.

Shifty

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 05:38:41 PM »

@ Sonar..... Sorry for late reply mate, weekend shenanigans got in the way ;)

Glad you like the colours and the way they work together mate.

I totally get the "surgon" mask comment and this is something that didnt even occur to me when planning the colour scheme but will be something I keep in mind when working out colour placement on future builds.

The mark on the cheek is where I chipped it putting the face/head together and tried to touch it up, its hardly noticeable on the kit but it does stand out like dogs balls in that pic hey, another leson learned if touch up is not 100% dont post a massive pic of it ha ha ha

The decals.....I thought I might cop some flack bout this one ha ha ha 

In all honesty cause I dont watch the anime I just figured Strike Freedom (where I got the decals) and Destiny looked pretty similar mechs I could just use both kits decals and it would be cool

I think they still look cool but I do get they are not correct.... like putting pioneer CDJ stickers on some 1200's yeah the both play tunes but its just not right ;)

Thanks for your comments mate they are very very much appreciated and and give me something to keep in mind on future builds

Cheers mate

Falldog

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Otaku Revolution
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 12:37:35 PM »

The green saber is a sweet touch. How'd you do that? If you already said so, my excuse is that I'm drunk.

Shifty

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 02:20:57 PM »

I can excuse you from being drunk mate ha ha ha

Saber was done by painting it Matt black, then chrome then I applied Tamyia clear green

Was my 1st try at candy effect so I'm glad you like it :)

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »

I think they still look cool but I do get they are not correct.... like putting pioneer CDJ stickers on some 1200's yeah the both play tunes but its just not right ;)

Whoa whoa whoa let's not say things we can't take back.

Yeah you've got the idea though. To explain: Arch Angel is the mother ship of the Strike/Freedom/Strike Freedom as piloted by Kira Yamato, and the ship belongs to the Earth Alliance/Atlantic Federation forces. ZAFT are the forces to which Shinn Asuka, pilot of the Destiny Gundam, belongs. As Norris Packard is a Zeon pilot, so is Shinn a ZAFT pilot. As the White Base is home to the Gundam and belongs to the EFSF, so does the Archangel belong to the Earth Alliance. Ya dig?

Hope your recovering alright mate ;)

Shifty

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 04:38:03 PM »

Ha ha ha yeah all recovered now... til next weekend ;)

Yeah that makes sense to me now.....I think  :P  Thanks mate  ;D

iceman90

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 10:46:09 PM »

>:( You're making me want to get an airbrush so I can mix different shades!!! Nice and clean. I don't like destiny, but even I have to admit that you made it look sexy.
Pages: [1] 2

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF