Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
August 23, 2014, 09:24:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
hlj.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Toy Guns - Nerf, Taidi etc  (Read 20259 times)

MrDoom

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Guns - Nerf, Taidi etc
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2011, 12:03:41 AM »

There is really not much going on the the land of Nerf at the moment. September is when the new gear hits.

Xiaoxiao

• Newber
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2011, 12:42:33 PM »

Are the taidi toy guns legal in australia. And what would be a possible store i could get one from. Or would i be able to import one from everseas.
thx

MrDoom

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2011, 10:50:39 PM »

They are fine (except in Victoria).
Customs have a nasty habbit of siezing any realistic toy guns so you are better of buying locally. Try armoured heaven or claytons comics to buy within AU

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2011, 08:58:05 AM »

In the current climate of paranoia if you walked out your front door with one of those or some concerned member of the public (insert PITA) saw you handling it in your own home, you'd have a dozen trigger happy wooden tops surrounding you with the real thing in no time flat. Once your sphincter had finished convulsing and the plod worked out you were carrying a toy even though they are "legal" I'd say they'd find something to charge you with.
Real men don't LOL!

Wavehawk

• Rear Admiral
  • O Galileo! Galileo! Galileo Let me go!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2011, 09:21:22 PM »

I had a decent Sig P228 bb gun before I moved to Australia, had to leave it because of the move. I honestly don't mind it too much except when friends in the Philippines start bragging about their airsoft competitions. AAARRRGH.

On the flipside, why is everyone concerned about toy pistols when there's a lot of makeshift weapons far more dangerous and readily availabl out there?
Don't ask Caboose to help me!

MrDoom

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2011, 08:18:52 PM »

In the current climate of paranoia if you walked out your front door with one of those or some concerned member of the public (insert PITA) saw you handling it in your own home, you'd have a dozen trigger happy wooden tops surrounding you with the real thing in no time flat. Once your sphincter had finished convulsing and the plod worked out you were carrying a toy even though they are "legal" I'd say they'd find something to charge you with.

Yep you need to be careful. None of mine have seen the light of day since I purchased them and they do get red tipped after I have finished working/ photographing them.

On the flipside, why is everyone concerned about toy pistols when there's a lot of makeshift weapons far more dangerous and readily availabl out there?

Too easy to use them for hold ups I guess. Oddly in a lot of cases its easier to get real weapons here than the toy/ replica versions.

Here is my latest paint job (I repainted the first M4). I decided to play around with a lighter colour scheme before I have a crack at an xm8 or m14.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 08:22:13 PM by MrDoom »

kenDOLL94

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2011, 12:09:02 AM »

Where did you buy your guns from??
im dressing up as a swat team and im trying to find the cheapest taidi guns that send to australia
im looking at armoured heaven atm
im in perth WA

where'd you buy your paints from?
what brand are those rail guards? the ones im looking at have the brand names on them :/

please help it would be much appreciated  :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 12:16:09 AM by kenDOLL94 »

Wavehawk

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2011, 09:11:54 PM »

I'm seriously tempted to mod my POS Nerf Maverick into something that at least looks decent. Unrealistic enough that you can still tell it's a toy gun, but somethign you could probably believe would work in a Sci-fi setting (ala Mass Effect). I haven't gotten much mileage out of the Nerfs I got, and the Stampede is still pretty high priced, but those Disc guns look pretty impressive. They're already in some stores (Toy World Docklands has em!) but I'll still hold off, as I haven't been in my new job long enough to have anything resembling disposable income.

MrDoom

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2011, 05:33:53 PM »

Where did you buy your guns from??
im dressing up as a swat team and im trying to find the cheapest taidi guns that send to australia
im looking at armoured heaven atm
im in perth WA

where'd you buy your paints from?
what brand are those rail guards? the ones im looking at have the brand names on them :/

please help it would be much appreciated  :)

Armoured haven is pretty much as good as it gets unless you can buy locally. The other main option is Claytons comics (my local store).

As for the rail covers they are generic no name ones. Unless you get magpul originals they are all about as good as each other.

kenDOLL94

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2011, 09:03:16 PM »

thanks
how's the p90 going?

MrDoom

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2011, 09:25:08 AM »

thanks
how's the p90 going?

lol. I really need to get back to that one. Its been sitting half done for some time. The main issue is that it needs a lot of masking work and I need to buy some new tape.

kenDOLL94

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2011, 06:21:05 PM »

OOOO thats right, what gun metal paint do you use, and where do you buy it from?
and does the m4 have places where i can attach a 2 point sling to?

MrDoom

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2011, 10:06:57 PM »

OOOO thats right, what gun metal paint do you use, and where do you buy it from?
and does the m4 have places where i can attach a 2 point sling to?

Generally I just use flat black for the body of the gun and gun metal for the mags etc. Recently I have been using some paints from bunnings which seem to be good bang for buck.

It somewhat depends on the specific type of sling but for must you would have to but at least one rail sling point.

Back on the topic of Nerf im hearing that the disc shooters are available down south.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 10:08:35 PM by MrDoom »

Wavehawk

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2011, 10:25:21 PM »

Back on the topic of Nerf im hearing that the disc shooters are available down south.
Ahem:
Toy World Docklands has em!

That's the one in Harbour Town (Melbourne City, VIC), 2nd floor. But I suggest to wait a bit as the prices are pretty high at the moment, and nobody's sellign refills for the Discs just yet...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 10:25:53 PM by Wavehawk »

kenDOLL94

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2011, 12:47:22 AM »

thanks, damn those swivels cost like $7... for a friken metal loop
the bunnings website isn't giving me much what brand was a good bang for buck? and what brand was your epoxy putty? i keep finding gels..
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 06:58:07 PM by kenDOLL94 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

hlj.com

genteikits.com

Advertise With Gundam Australia