Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
April 04, 2020, 02:59:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad

Poll

What is your status with this kit?

Want
- 3 (75%)
Backlog
- 0 (0%)
Built
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: BB #154 SD Wing Gundam Zero  (Read 2518 times)

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
BB #154 SD Wing Gundam Zero
« on: May 13, 2011, 10:40:47 AM »

-Year released: 1995  :o
-Release number: BB #154
-Size & weight: 25.5 x 19.0 x 5.8 cm / 260g
-Rough cost: Y640 (from HLJ)
-Origin of unit: Gundam Wing

Available from HLJ

About Kit:
This set gathers a big super-deformed Wing Gundam Zero along with Mini Wing Gundam Zero and Mini Gundam Deathscythe! The big Wing Gundam Zero can transform into a Neo Bird-mode battleship, and Mini Wing Gundam Zero can be stored inside its big-sized counterpart. Mini Gundam Deathscythe comes with a Space Shooter vehicle to ride, and the vehicle can connect to the back of Neo Bird.
The kit has 6 Runners, inc. one that is multicolored, and 3 of which are soft poly cap style, plus a sheet of foil stickers.

Pics

Box

Runners

Manual

More Pics and info Can be found in:
- My Mobile Suit Hangar WIP Thread here: http://gundamaustralia.com/forum/index.php?topic=1365.0
- My The Catapult Thread here: http://gundamaustralia.com/forum/index.php?topic=1702.0
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 12:39:51 PM by Fury-s12 »

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: BB #154 SD Wing Gundam Zero
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 12:16:06 PM »

My thoughts on this kit....

Positives:
- The SD wing zero is hilariously proportioned even for a SD his head his easily twice the size of a regular SD
- The Mini Mini version of the Zero and Death Scythe are just plain kool and due to the multicolored runner they are actually quite good representations of there larger versions

Negatives:
- This kit is from 1995 and it does show, some pieces are a little off and seam lines are everywhere etc but as long as you don't expect modern HG+ quality here you wont be disappointed, it isn't that bad
- The colors whilst varied (the death scythe blue is different to the zero) will require painting to match the proper scheme shown on the box art for example the death scythe weapons are completely molded in yellow which is obviously wrong

Overall
- I haven't finished this kit yet but ive had alot of fun building it and the 3 mini gundam together look hilarious but awesome, i will update this when ive finished the ship portion and had it all together, this is a must for SD/BB fans and Gundam Wing fans alike if only for the mini deathscythe :)

meneh

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 12:02:35 PM »

I didnt even know this one existed i got the BB #148 Wing very similar setup but you get heavy arms instead of deathscythe this kit is now a must for me if only for the lil D/S for the other side of my monitor.
This is my attempt at painting one of those little guys, good practice. (not sure if i should put a pic here delete if need be)

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 12:25:34 PM »

haha now i want acomplete set of minis too, nice paint work though, if ya track down my catapult for this (which i havent linked here yet) you can see my painted minies too
Pages: [1]

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF