Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
November 20, 2017, 11:31:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38

Author Topic: PG Strike Freedom GB - Gauntlet of the Apocalypse  (Read 114395 times)

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: PG Strike Freedom GB - Gauntlet of the Apocalypse
« Reply #540 on: September 06, 2011, 06:58:50 PM »

Well written mate , thanks for the japanese translations too I tried to translate them but the meaning was lost in some, I know the comment your speaking off and I think that guy just missed the point of the project, it had no ill will intended it was too spread the message, to give a little more strength to the people affected, which as u said is the best way u are able to help, you can't put a bad spin on that.

Hoardz01

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 06, 2011, 08:17:35 PM »

What a journey! Congratulations to all involved on their awesome work. This one will go down in history.

Shaid

• GA Staff
  • Commodore
  • Inappropriate avatars for the win!
    • View Profile
    • Gunblog!
« Reply #542 on: September 06, 2011, 09:05:51 PM »

Thank you for the translations, Gaigun! Your work is moving, and an inspiration! You bring an idea of what it feels like to be in Japan in the aftermath of this terrible event, and a shout a rallying cry of strength to all! As we've all said before, it's a superb work, and a superb message.

(As for burn out; I don't think I'll be able to stand the smell of paint for a few weeks!)

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #543 on: September 07, 2011, 08:36:56 AM »

Nice one Syd.

I don't think it is tasteless at all. I think that your intent is a major consideration, and with that in mind it is a kind and admirable thing that you have done for the country you love so much. Good on you.

With this one; みんなでやれば大きな力に

Would "The sum of the whole is greater than its parts" work?

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 07, 2011, 08:58:24 AM »

Thanks for the shoutout, Syd, and again, fantastic job! I saw that comment on your site and it took everything I had not to explain to them exactly what you just said, but I figured it would only cause drama and that's not what this hobby is about. Those of us who know you and have followed you throughout the years knew exactly what you were doing, never once did we think you were making light of a serious situation..and we have your back then and in the future. Onward, Gaijin Gunpla!

Kjasi

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Gunpla Battle Ground
« Reply #545 on: September 07, 2011, 09:40:45 AM »

Frankly Syd, I thought your video was a bit of a downer. Your choices of visuals was great, no doubt about it, but I think it was their positions and the music that made it kinda sad.

Despite what that idiot thought, showing the tragedy was needed. But, if you had showed it just at the beginning with the sad music, then switched to some more uplifting/building/grand music, (actually a lot of the climactic music from Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny would of worked perfectly) it would of had a better "Let's pull together Japan!" feel to it. Basically, first you drag them down, and then you raise them up with the power of Courage!

At least, that's my view as a professional video editor.

Gaijin Gunpla

• G-Shot Judges
  • Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Gaijin Gunpla
« Reply #546 on: September 08, 2011, 09:52:36 AM »

Nice one Syd.

I don't think it is tasteless at all. I think that your intent is a major consideration, and with that in mind it is a kind and admirable thing that you have done for the country you love so much. Good on you.

With this one; みんなでやれば大きな力に

Would "The sum of the whole is greater than its parts" work?

That would work.  This strength in numbers, etc.

ASM

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
    • View Profile
    • An American Salaryman in Tokyo
« Reply #547 on: September 08, 2011, 11:43:52 AM »

Guys,

First up, awesome job to everyone.  There has been some amazing work and synergy shown here over the last few months, and I truly do feel sorry that I couldnít have participated more in everything.  While Iíve been given an indefinite deferment in light of the birth of my son and everything surrounding that, Iíve been with you guys in spirit throughout the build.  Thanks as well for all the kind words and consideration in light of the situation.

That said, this group build has seen some level raising and amazing work.  When I stop by to check and see where everyone is, Iím blown away by the quality of the builds, paint jobs, and concepts used.  The cool thing about a group build is that everyone is on the same level, no one is better than the others, there is no one winner.  We are all winners here, whether we were down in the MS hanger working on our variants, or if weíre just supporting from the sidelines.  The support this time around was superb as well, with news reels, YouTube clips, and more.  To be honest, while we talk about the Sinanju GBP as legend now, I think itís been eclipsed easily this time.  For the old Gunplar legends, you have shown that even old dogs learn new tricks, and for the new legends, welcome to the fold.

While looking at everyoneís variants, and the quality of work put into the kits, it certainly does want me to break out the kit and jump into it.  Iíve got the paint, and the ideas and the goods.  But at the same time, Iím now actually afraid to line up with my fellow brethren as they have put together a slew of variants that all deserve to be seen in upcoming contests. Iíve already told GaiGun to enter Courage in the Bandai Gunpla Grand Prix.  If that doesnít make it to the semi-finals at least, I will lose faith in the Japan block. 

In the end though, there are so many people that I donít know where to comment:

Buster Ė Thanks for taking the gauntlet and lighting the fire and bringing it all to an epic down to the draw close.  Awesome work with the gradation and bringing a sword to a mega particle beam fight is how we all like to roll.

GaiGun Ė Weíve talked about this quite a bit, so you know where I stand.  Courage is simply one of the best concepts Iíve seen in Gunpla ever, with near perfect execution.  Weíve both dealt with the reasoning behind courage for the last six months, and thatís what makes it ever more special.

Lupes Ė That blue is just amazing, youíve definitely shown us the next level in painting.  I canít stop looking at the pics there, and I canít imagine how many parts you must have come through to get everything perfect. 

Falldog Ė As Buster said, you were at the finish line when we were just getting started, but your scheme is simply golden.  To be honest, I love the usage of the black, and I almost had to reconsider my own scheme because you showed how good it can be done, and I donít think I can come even close.

Shaid Ė Solid color scheme, and to be honest, I would have loved to see you take the W-Zero wings and run with that ;)

And overall, to everyone that I may have missed or supported, and all the Gunplars:  Good job, お疲れ and enjoy some R&R, youíve earned it.

I really canít say more than that, Iím proud just being part of an amazing group of talent.

Busterbeam

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Plamo Addiction
« Reply #548 on: September 08, 2011, 04:38:20 PM »

bringing a sword to a mega particle beam fight is how we all like to roll.

LOL!  ASM you were missed this time and it wasnt the same without you.  we'll just have to do another one later when you get some time and its safe for you to paint!  i'm sure we'll all still be here.  no one gives up this hobby easily.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:42:11 PM by Busterbeam »

Busterbeam

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Plamo Addiction
« Reply #549 on: September 09, 2011, 02:36:01 PM »

some notes for everyone now.

Gaigun - a lot to say to you but im sure ive mentioned it over time.  and yeah it is totally a different beast with the wings on.  I felt like i always approached this kit like it was two seperate things.  the suit and the wings.  it certainly didnt feel like the Sinanju.  but oddly same problems with the damned joints!  oh well.  excellent video but I do agress with Kjasi's point on the music.  I did show that video to a Japanese friend though.  You put it on the line there buddy and i respect that.

Fury - props on the wallpaper man you did an excellent job! 

Shaid - I'm glad this GB could rekindle a fire in you!  3 years is a long time to be out of the game.  Still you came back in style brother!  Excellent job!

Kjasi - 100 posts.  ok!  that makes sense.  I look forward to my next promotion!  Maybe that will happen when i do another promotion? O_o?  anyways i agree with your point on the video.  I didnt know that you did that stuff for a living?  Cool!

ZETA - Musha Strike Freedom!  I can see it!  Never thought of it that way but it's kind of close!  A samurai version of this... *looks off into, and is eventually lost in, space*

Sonar - Time is an important thing man.  We'll all be here later so you just handle your business.  *cue M.O.P. track ft. Guru *

Kjasi

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Gunpla Battle Ground
« Reply #550 on: September 10, 2011, 04:52:22 AM »

Kjasi - 100 posts.  ok!  that makes sense.  I look forward to my next promotion!  Maybe that will happen when i do another promotion? O_o?  anyways i agree with your point on the video.  I didnt know that you did that stuff for a living?  Cool!
Next/final promotion is around 250. (at least I noticed it around then.) As for doing video production for a living, I try to. It's one of the many hats I wear at my dad's film/animation production company. But it's the one I feel I could make a career out of.

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 10, 2011, 12:51:59 PM »

Blog tease up!
http://gundamaustralia.blogspot.com/2011/09/heroes-have-been-found.html

If anyone was missed, please let me know who and the name of their Gundam.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:54:24 PM by ZETA NEWTYPE »

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #552 on: September 10, 2011, 07:01:43 PM »

Thanks for the tease Zeta. Honestly I'm hoping you can get to a wrap up before I can. Things are pretty real for me atm.

Thanks Buster for the steer on that MOP joint. Is this what you meant?

(Someone's done a clever job synching the preemo remix with the clip here as far as I can see)

Supplemental ;)

Busterbeam

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Plamo Addiction
« Reply #553 on: September 13, 2011, 06:09:54 AM »

right on both accounts buddy.  i was referring exactly to those two tracks.

Gaijin Gunpla

• G-Shot Judges
  • Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Gaijin Gunpla
« Reply #554 on: September 15, 2011, 10:50:03 AM »

I've altered my site a bit and given Courage it's own category/page.

http://www.gaijin-gunpla.com/category/courage-2/

The Courage related posts will eventually be pushed off my main page, but now all Courage related posts can be found easily.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF