Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
May 24, 2017, 02:52:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Perfect Grade 1/60 GN-OOOO OO + GNR-O1O O Raiser  (Read 4362 times)

curtiusm

• Lieutenant Commander
  • www.curtratcliffe.com
    • View Profile
    • visit - curtratcliffe dot com
Perfect Grade 1/60 GN-OOOO OO + GNR-O1O O Raiser
« on: May 07, 2011, 07:00:38 PM »

Pictures first, text second..

Finish Him!

What a silly name.. to many O's maybe..
One of my more adventurous kits and my favourite so far. I never intended to own this kit as the asking price was to high and the actual kit itself doesn't quite appeal to me. I had originally purchased the Perfect Grade 1/60 GP01 and when I received the parcel, I opened it and to my surprise this kit was wrongly sent instead. So instead of forking out a huge amount of money in freight and coupled with the fact this kit is far more expensive than the one I had purchased, I kept it. Mwahahaa.

As I had never intended to own this MS I wasn't prepared for it, for the GP01 I had custom parts and decals and some kind of plan as to how I wanted it to look. With the GN 0000 I had to make it up as I went.

I would have to say I was kinda disappointed with some features of this kit. While you do get a ishe load of kit, the Suit itself and the Raiser is a helluva lot of parts, but.. I was disappointed with the lack of details moulded in to the Inner Frame for such a new kit, my MG Red Astray has loads of details moulded in to the parts which aloud me to paint them in. For me, personally if I had build this thing straight up without any customization I wouldn't be overly happy with the lack of details. Also the build was rather simple, the building of this kit has nothing on my old Perfect Grade RX-178 MK II and that kit is many years older.

I decided to add thrusters to this kit as I luuuuuv thrusters, for me they add so much to a suit and the fact this kit appears to use fairy dust and flashy lights to maneuver just wasn't good enough. I tried to add as much little details like pipes and a ishe load of bolts and mesh to this kit as I could, because like I said earlier, the Inner Frame is pretty plain. Plus I love G-System Kits and I took inspiration from their more detailed kits. Also I took the wrist/arm blades idea from Optimus Prime, oh yeah!

I did manage to create many hurdles for myself during this build and learnt a few things:

* Accidentally grabbed the wrong can of paint and sprayed some white parts with gun metal instead of flat top coat (I don't have any white paint). So I had to respray with blue instead.
* The kit when I finally put everything together (but not quite finished) fell from a shelf almost 6 foot high onto my desk and onto the floor, fortunately nothing broke, only some bits of armor and a couple of thrusters fell off. I was sooooooooooooo lucky as he is quite heavy.
* I didn't install the very important rubber bits on the legs that attach to the feet properly, which aloud the kit to wobble quite a bit. I had installed them about 4 mm to far down so the feet weren't attached securely. This caused him to fall from the shelf. So to correct that I had to pull off the armor that I had glued on plus a few pipes and parts in order to make the changes Yikes!
* Wasted a lot of pipe trying to get the right bends.
* Finally learnt that I should sand back imperfections like nub marks and things so I can have a much better finish, prior to and including this kit I only used a sharp knife to cut the nubs off and tidy them up....

Yes there are only 4 decals used as the kit has been handled and pulled apart and rebuild so many times I just can't be bothered right now to pull him apart so I can place more decals on him. Some of the paint where I handle him a lot is starting to wear thin, so maybe a job for the future.

For more pictures and all my other kits - My Flickr page

« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 09:03:27 PM by curtiusm »

Infinity

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Grade 1/60 GN-OOOO OO + GNR-O1O O Raiser
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 07:04:01 PM »

W o w, to say the least.

It looks friggen awesome! I love the red on his V fin. Also, beautiful detail on the silver bits on the frame. This kinda makes me wanna do mine again.....

Anyway, great job dude, it's a beast!

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 07:16:49 PM »

That picture is all sorts of win!!

Freya

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • It's a Mecha!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 08:04:25 PM »

One word....................."NICE"

Syberio

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 08:11:00 PM »

Wow... just wow!!

pirshom

• Lieutenant Commander
  • malabon city philippines
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 09:20:15 PM »

OMG! O MIGHTY GUNPLA!

kon-sama :D

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 01:38:21 AM »

Outstanding! A totally unique take on this kit. Bells and whistles for days, but so unconventional for a PG 00 Raiser! Curt this is by definition killer and I'm so glad you shared it with us. I look forward to looking at this in more detail in the morning. ;D

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 06:02:15 AM »

Looks very unique and great! The red V-fins gives it a devilish red frame look.

tonghoo

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 01:42:55 PM »

wowwwwwwww............... ;)

curtiusm

• Lieutenant Commander
  • www.curtratcliffe.com
    • View Profile
    • visit - curtratcliffe dot com
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 02:18:06 PM »

Hi all, thanks for all your comments. It was quite an adventure to build this guy. I definitely enjoyed creating and playing around with different ideas and inspirations I have seen from these and other forums. I'm already planning my next build(s) and looking forward to it!

fury-s12

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 01:48:50 PM »

looks great man top photography too, the blue is tops really adds..something... to the kit lol

Hoardz01

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 05:16:32 PM »

This is pure awesome, love it!

iceman90

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 07:11:56 PM »

Nice work curt. Very clean and loving those thrusters and blades!! 

I have to admit I was a little dissapointed because I wanted to see a transformer-esque version similar to your previous works.  >:(
;D Not to take anything away from this work of yours, this is awesome work. Its just that your previous style was just that awesome!!

Twisted_Karma

• Lieutenant Junior Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 11:19:08 PM »

Great work, I built the PG 00 with clear parts OOTB. So as I was looking through your pics I could notice all the little things you modded and changed, you put a huge amount of awesome work into this. The thrusters, piping and mesh add a bit more realism, good job.

Syberio

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 03:18:31 AM »

btw : where's the raiser ?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 03:18:48 AM by Syberio »
Pages: [1] 2

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF