Pictures first, text second..
What a silly name.. to many O's maybe..
One of my more adventurous kits and my favourite so far. I never intended to own this kit as the asking price was to high and the actual kit itself doesn't quite appeal to me. I had originally purchased the Perfect Grade 1/60 GP01 and when I received the parcel, I opened it and to my surprise this kit was wrongly sent instead. So instead of forking out a huge amount of money in freight and coupled with the fact this kit is far more expensive than the one I had purchased, I kept it. Mwahahaa.
As I had never intended to own this MS I wasn't prepared for it, for the GP01 I had custom parts and decals and some kind of plan as to how I wanted it to look. With the GN 0000 I had to make it up as I went.
I would have to say I was kinda disappointed with some features of this kit. While you do get a ishe load of kit, the Suit itself and the Raiser is a helluva lot of parts, but.. I was disappointed with the lack of details moulded in to the Inner Frame for such a new kit, my MG Red Astray has loads of details moulded in to the parts which aloud me to paint them in. For me, personally if I had build this thing straight up without any customization I wouldn't be overly happy with the lack of details. Also the build was rather simple, the building of this kit has nothing on my old Perfect Grade RX-178 MK II and that kit is many years older.
I decided to add thrusters to this kit as I luuuuuv thrusters, for me they add so much to a suit and the fact this kit appears to use fairy dust and flashy lights to maneuver just wasn't good enough. I tried to add as much little details like pipes and a ishe load of bolts and mesh to this kit as I could, because like I said earlier, the Inner Frame is pretty plain. Plus I love G-System Kits and I took inspiration from their more detailed kits. Also I took the wrist/arm blades idea from Optimus Prime, oh yeah!
I did manage to create many hurdles for myself during this build and learnt a few things:
* Accidentally grabbed the wrong can of paint and sprayed some white parts with gun metal instead of flat top coat (I don't have any white paint). So I had to respray with blue instead.
* The kit when I finally put everything together (but not quite finished) fell from a shelf almost 6 foot high onto my desk and onto the floor, fortunately nothing broke, only some bits of armor and a couple of thrusters fell off. I was sooooooooooooo lucky as he is quite heavy.
* I didn't install the very important rubber bits on the legs that attach to the feet properly, which aloud the kit to wobble quite a bit. I had installed them about 4 mm to far down so the feet weren't attached securely. This caused him to fall from the shelf. So to correct that I had to pull off the armor that I had glued on plus a few pipes and parts in order to make the changes Yikes!
* Wasted a lot of pipe trying to get the right bends.
* Finally learnt that I should sand back imperfections like nub marks and things so I can have a much better finish, prior to and including this kit I only used a sharp knife to cut the nubs off and tidy them up....
Yes there are only 4 decals used as the kit has been handled and pulled apart and rebuild so many times I just can't be bothered right now to pull him apart so I can place more decals on him. Some of the paint where I handle him a lot is starting to wear thin, so maybe a job for the future.
For more pictures and all my other kits - My Flickr page