Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
October 16, 2019, 09:37:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:rx78: Please visit JAPAN TOYS AUSTRALIA For AWESOME PRICES access the site through our banner below! :):rx78:

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: My contribution to the 'Ode to Canon Fodder-Grunt MS GB'  (Read 7552 times)

tristan

• Rear Admiral
  • Backlog Smacklog...... he he he, Im a rear admiral
    • View Profile
    • Cheese and Spam
My contribution to the 'Ode to Canon Fodder-Grunt MS GB'
« on: March 20, 2011, 07:53:42 PM »

Presenting my three (yes, three) entries in the 'Ode to Canon Fodder-Grunt MS GB'.

Actually this GB came at the right time as I was in the middle of a backlog clearance (I actually set myself the challenge of snap fitting/sanding/gluing as many as I could in a 7 days- got 4 done in 3-4 hours per night which wasnt too bad given the week I had) so I was already in the middle of a snap frenzy. The GB came up when I was snapping a Gog and a GM at the same time and the rest was history as they say!

The Three Entrants-pics taken on my phone as its quicker to upload to flickr so apologies for the craptastic nature of them!

The Gog

Untitled by Tristan Forsyth, on Flickr

The GM

The GM Commander

The Gog has been primed but weather is making life frustrating.

As can been seen in the bad photo, I have added a lot of MSG parts to it (Couldnt resist shoulder and a head spike!!) but we will see how that turns out when I start painting (might have to hand paint as its too wet to do anything else

The GM commander is nearly sanded down and is ready to assemble...just have re-sand the legs and the feet guards as I had to putty them up-went a bit far with my initial sanding!!

The GM is my first attempt at pla plating if it can be called that as I dont have any pla plate!! Used a piece of white plastic I found (a lid off something). All it proved really is that I need new glasses and a sharper knife but we will see what it looks like primed

My weapons for the GM

A Beam Lance (MG Dash ?) and a 3 Barrel Rocket Launcher from the GM Snipper (one of my very first builds)

As I mentioned, the weather is my main worry at the moment. This is like the 7 or 8th wet weekend (except for one Saturday last weekend...but it was still cold enough to crack my priming as I found out when I primed the Gog) we have had (pretty well much in a row) so Im resigned to not painting these out unless I re-divert our ducted heating to my mancave (which I will do if I can source a ducting pipe 'splitter' to split one line into two)........mmmmm, warm gas heating in my hobby space!!!

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:18:19 PM by tristan »
www.tristanforsyth.com (site online 10am-10pm) Gundam and other J Culture stuff combined with my mundane take on life, infrequently updated!
“The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it”
"All Gunplas are good, they are meant to feed our childhood dream of robot fantasy we didn't surrender to reality after growing up." (NK)

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • G A N D A A A M U ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
Re: My contribution to the 'Ode to Canon Fodder-Grunt MS GB'
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 08:07:20 PM »

I like the spikes on the Gogg dude. You definitely need that ducting splitter where you're at or your man cave will freeze 5 months of the year.

tristan

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Cheese and Spam
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 08:16:07 PM »

Try 9 months......11 in a bad year!
www.tristanforsyth.com (site online 10am-10pm) Gundam and other J Culture stuff combined with my mundane take on life, infrequently updated!
“The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it”
"All Gunplas are good, they are meant to feed our childhood dream of robot fantasy we didn't surrender to reality after growing up." (NK)

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 08:27:23 PM »

Nice start  i've got the commander type here somewhere too, its a nice little build

tristan

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Cheese and Spam
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 07:49:25 PM »

Commander snapped

This one will require some thought as I want to keep it clean (you know, typical officers not getting their hands dirty!!)

zahmad

• Global Moderator
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 08:22:50 PM »

Nice classic HGUC kit...so many seamlines! I built this one and really enjoyed it!

tristan

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Cheese and Spam
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 08:11:48 PM »

IMG_6841 by Tristan Forsyth, on Flickr

Gog painted black......am staring at it now wondering how the hell Im going to do dazzle camo.
Its a little 'split' in the chest/shoulder due to the weather when I primed it but I found a Y splitter for our heating so now my little cave is a warm cave! I dont really see the splitting but the camera brings it up....couldnt be bothered to fix it!

I also must remember to remove the blu tack from the eye area when I take the next set of pics!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 08:14:12 PM by tristan »

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 04:20:42 AM »

Great stuff! I almost want to call your Gogg, the Kappa Gogg XD

tristan

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Cheese and Spam
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 09:14:43 PM »

Gogg dazzle camo masked

I so curious to see how this turns out (as Im doing a straight dark blue overspray- midnight fenrir??) as I really have no idea!!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:16:41 PM by tristan »

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 11:33:22 PM »

Love that you split the ducted heating into your cave. Gogg looking quite silver in that pic.

tristan

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Cheese and Spam
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 06:34:56 AM »

LOL....yeah, desire to get a pic up+almost dead battery+forgetting to switch flash off= washed out, silver like picture.

Pity was that when I saw it, I was like "Wonder what it would look like all in chrome........"
(Im so easily distracted)

tristan

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Cheese and Spam
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 10:42:51 AM »

Gog finished

IMG_4607 by Tristan Forsyth, on Flickr

IMG_4614 by Tristan Forsyth, on Flickr

IMG_4632 by Tristan Forsyth, on Flickr

Char kick!!!!

IMG_4620 by Tristan Forsyth, on Flickr

kinda hard to pick up the stripes.....maybe will try some more pictures in better conditions

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 03:31:58 PM »

Yeah I was like where is the camo ??
Then saw it in the later pics, nice one dude

ZETA NEWTYPE

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
  • GAF Returner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 03:06:37 AM »

You don't want to see this thing rise from the waters while taking a whizz on a cold Jaburo night :P

Sonar

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Gundam Australia
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 08:06:46 AM »

Well done Tristan. That camo is subtle and nicely done, not much bleed that I can see. Maybe the blue would stand out more against the olive on a different coloured b/g?
Pages: [1] 2 3

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF