Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
April 08, 2020, 01:53:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

:rx78: Please visit JAPAN TOYS AUSTRALIA For AWESOME PRICES access the site through our banner below! :):rx78:

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: Air Brush and Compressor Discussion Thread  (Read 80763 times)

KaiK

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Air Brush and Compressor Discussion Thread
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2013, 12:08:39 AM »

If you have a dual output (2 airbrush) system you will need to close the unused valve.

There is another system where it controls the rate which the reservoir tank fills up. For this I usually set it around twice my working pressure, eg. working pressure 15psi - fill rate 30 - 40 psi.

Frontl1ne

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 16, 2013, 12:38:12 AM »

Thanks for the speedy reply,

I've closed off the unused port (well, just set the valve to off). This is the compressor I have: http://www.princess-trade.com.au/cart/dynamic-power-1-6hp-air-brush-compressor-with-tank-metal-case.html#

Is it normal for the compressor's psi to rise as it lets out air? I'm finding that I set the PSI to ~20 while blowing out air, and the more I use it, the higher the pressure goes. Kinda annoying since it's goes from 20 to about 40 before the tank starts refilling.
We can rebuild him, we have the technology.

KaiK

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 16, 2013, 02:07:11 AM »

Compressors with reservoir tanks can have a spike in pressure as the tank is filled during use. To avoid any problems let the tank fill up and the compressor cut off before spraying that way you will get consistent airflow until the tank is near depletion and the compressor starts up again.  

One theory, as the compressor heats up so does the air therefore pressure increases over time. Adjust pressure accordingly.

Another theory, if there is a blockage in the airbrush or hose it can cause the gauge to show an increase in pressure. Make sure there is no moisture build up in the hose or airbrush, additionally check the airbrush for paint build up around the nozzle.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 02:12:05 AM by KaiK »

QuangVuong

• Commodore
  • BANNED!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 17, 2013, 10:46:05 AM »

Yeah, setting pressure on that compressor is kinda weird. I usually have both valves opne as it doesnt make a difference to me. Let air run through the airbrush, and then slowly twist the knob til you get the desired pressure. When you let go, the pressure will go back up to 55psi or whatever. This is the pressure in the tank, and not the pressure coming out.

Canon 1Ds 24-105mm f4L
(\__/)
(=
'.'=)
(")_(")

Frontl1ne

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 18, 2013, 10:02:17 AM »

Thanks for all the info guys :)

Oh yeah, for anyone buying a similar setup to mine, the airbrush hose was M5 sized and the compressor was 1/4" and also the moisture trap was 1/4" lol. Luckily the people at Runway13 included adapters to connect the airbrush to the moisture trap free of charge, so I've been using the adapter to connect the airbrush hose to the compressor (forgoing the moisture trap). Gonna have to order a m5 to 1/4" adapter online since they don't seem to sell them that small locally :(

QuangVuong

• Commodore
  • BANNED!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2013, 07:52:09 PM »

Eh? Aint the compressor using 1/8"? Everything should be 1/8" other than the initial orange piping from the compressor to the tank(but you dont connect anything from here).

Canon 1Ds 24-105mm f4L
(\__/)
(=
'.'=)
(")_(")

Frontl1ne

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2013, 09:15:54 PM »

My mistake, I meant 1/8" and not 1/4"  :-[

But the hose was M5. I spoke to Runway 13 and they're sending me another adapter free of charge (partially because my airbrush box arrived pretty bunged up).

Skin_the_Sun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2013, 12:39:15 AM »

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/0-2mm-9cc-DUAL-ACTION-GRAVITY-FEED-AIRBRUSH-SPRAY-GUN-KIT-ART-PAINTING-AIR-BRUSH-/110880017489?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Model_Kits&hash=item19d0f6cc51&_uhb=1

Found this on ebay, what do you guys reckon? I already have a single action AB but I will probably want to get a double action sometime soon. At first I was skeptical because I don't really think of HK when it comes to manufacturing high quality products, but it looks pretty darn good.

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 08, 2013, 08:23:25 AM »

It's just a Delta/Sparmax copy. I've got one and it's okay if you make sure the paint is thinned a lot due to the very small nozzle. It's not very useful for doing large areas as it's more suited to fine work & lines. A 0.3 or 0.5 nozzle is a better choice for spraying whole panels.
Real men don't LOL!

QuangVuong

• Commodore
  • BANNED!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2013, 09:07:03 PM »

Ive got one myself, and it works fine. Actually, all my ABs are from China. Its capable of spraying larger areas, but essentially itll work as a single action(loosen the locking screw and pull the needle further back).

Canon 1Ds 24-105mm f4L
(\__/)
(=
'.'=)
(")_(")

Falldog

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Otaku Revolution
« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2013, 10:51:44 AM »

So after a fantastic Friday, a WTF is going on Saturday, and a ishty Sunday it seems that my airbrush is now spraying at a 25 degree angle. Fabulous.

Shaid

• GA Staff
  • Commodore
  • Inappropriate avatars for the win!
    • View Profile
    • Gunblog!
« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2013, 11:00:11 AM »

Might be clogged, might be a bent needle. Doesn't need to be bent much to cause issues.

Falldog

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Otaku Revolution
« Reply #192 on: May 13, 2013, 11:03:12 AM »

Nothing visible on the needle to indicate any issues. I've cleaned it several times but I there're two components that go into the tip that I've never broken down. It all looks clean enough but I've got it soaking right now.

Ethan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 13, 2013, 11:37:17 AM »

I've got the same problem with my Paasche Talon and I can see that the tip of the nozzle sits closer towards one side of the air cap, hence the air comes out from an angle and sprays the paint out on an angle.

Falldog

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Otaku Revolution
« Reply #194 on: May 13, 2013, 12:16:12 PM »

Well I cleaned out this one section and I either just destroyed a seal or I somehow had a bunch of purple paint stuck in there. The weird thing is that I only used purple for a few colour tests and did plenty of other cleanings and paintings afterward for it to have weathered through. I'll put her back together tomorrow and see if that sorted things out. I'm hoping that there was just a bit of blockage causing the issue. I've been having flow issues for the past two days so it's either that or something is really messed up.

Edit - After close examination of my needle there appears to be a small crook at the very end. I wish I had a magnifying glass. God damn it. Things were going so smoothly.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 12:17:48 PM by Falldog »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF