Gundam Australia Forum Sponsored By Hobby Link Japan - Go there NOW
February 24, 2020, 02:30:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ordering something from HLJ? Access the site through our banner! :)

Follow Us On -
Fury's Schemer App
SAZABI VER KA!!!!
HLJ.com Ad
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Air Brush and Compressor Discussion Thread  (Read 80067 times)

QuangVuong

• Commodore
  • BANNED!
    • View Profile
Re: Air Brush and Compressor Discussion Thread
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2011, 08:34:43 AM »

Yeah thats the one in his vids. It is compatble with most aircompressors, as long as you have the correct hose connector which I believe is 1/8".

Canon 1Ds 24-105mm f4L
(\__/)
(=
'.'=)
(")_(")

Svendancer

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2012, 09:53:09 PM »

Hi all,

I just wondering, is there any problems if I leave my compressor outside (eg:balcony) overnight?? because I live in an apartment and the only place to paint my gunpla is at balcony. :P

TheGhostofZeon

• GAF Commodore
  • Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
    • The Ghost of Zeon
« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2012, 07:11:36 AM »

As long as it's undercover and kept dry, I don't see any real issues.

QuangVuong

• Commodore
  • BANNED!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2012, 12:31:34 PM »

Depends on the compressor too. But as long as its away from water it should be ok!

Canon 1Ds 24-105mm f4L
(\__/)
(=
'.'=)
(")_(")

Frontl1ne

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2012, 05:25:14 PM »

So, after failing on my MG Freedom wings with hand paint, I'm really considering getting an airbrush now. The only reason I haven't gone for an airbrush is because I can't find anywhere to do it. Which is why I'm here posting this, maybe some of you can give me some advice. I don't have a garage or a back shed where I can set up an airbrushing station. Most of my work is done in my room.. Is there any safe way to airbrush in the house?

I've had a look at spray booths, but it seems like the exhaust needs some way to exit the house? My windows are lined with mesh cloth so there's no way the spray booth's tube (excuse my poor wording!) can get outside.

I'm at a complete loss and would appreciate any suggestions right now!
We can rebuild him, we have the technology.

QuangVuong

• Commodore
  • BANNED!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2012, 07:31:24 PM »

I know this isnt preferred, but I actually do my airbrushing outdoors, along with drying outdoors. That is in the open, not under any cover. I havent had any issues with dirt or dust wrecking the paint job. But I guess this is just me.

Canon 1Ds 24-105mm f4L
(\__/)
(=
'.'=)
(")_(")

Skin_the_Sun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2012, 11:37:03 PM »

Hey, i'm looking at purchasing a starter airbrush and compressor, and i came across this kit on ebay. What do you guys reckon?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mini-Airbrush-Compressor-Kit-AS176-Kit-1-/130657333152?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item1e6bc8afa0#ht_637wt_1085

It seems very cheap, even considering the exchange rate, and that people are going to bid the price up. But is it going to be rubbish? Yay or nay?

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2012, 11:44:02 PM »

It probably wont last long, but be a good one to test the waters on

potchip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2012, 08:24:31 AM »

It's compact and possibly quiet, suit those apartment types. The shipping is quite expensive, and given it's overseas, the 12 month warranty is useless. From past auction results, it will go up to between 60-90 AUD + shipping.

I don't see a HP rating specified everywhere - the higher the better. My new compressor is the cheapo one you can get from ebay.au for ~70 delivered. Even though it has a tiny tank, It really sucks when it takes 20 seconds for the thing to charge up to reasonable pressure and there's just a feeling you can't go long on max pressure at all. Luckily painting gundams typically doesn't need higher than 30 psi but sometimes you want high flow for gloss/big coverage.

Skin_the_Sun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2012, 04:22:11 PM »

Ok, thanks for the advice, guys, probably going to avoid it then. Can anyone recommend a good starter kit; ie. airbrush, compressor, and everything else i'd need (hoses, moisture trap etc)? It doesn't matter if i have to purchase airbrush/compressor separately, as long as i can get everything i'd need for a reasonable price, and reasonable quality. I suppose that is asking a lot..... ;)

Hemish

• I dare you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
  • So then he says....
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2012, 04:43:22 PM »

http://www.hobbytools.com.au/prod192.htm

These guys sell a good product I purchased mine from there and I believe Xenomorph got his from there too
Decent little compressor, air brush is a cheapy but as long as you clean it you can get plenty of use out of it

thegunny

• Are we there yet?
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Om
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2012, 04:53:05 PM »

Have you at all bothered to read the topic you are posting in  ::) I think your question has been answered many times over  8)
Real men don't LOL!

Skin_the_Sun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2012, 09:14:44 PM »

I have read quite a few of the pages yes, but everyone seems to have different and specific needs. I do not have that much money to spend, i should have mentioned that I am hoping to get an airbrush and compressor for about $200 (less if possible), perhaps that is an unrealistic expectation for something that won't break though. ;)
I also have no previous experience so something relatively easy to use would be helpful as well. I've looked at a lot of the suggestions in the thread, but most of them seem a little over my budget, which is, well, budget-price lol.
Someone suggested Runway 13, they seem really good, their prices seem really reasonable if their products are as good as they seem, but again, it might be a bit more than i have to spend.

Thanks Hemish, that seems like a really good deal, right around my price range too. If i decide to upgrade the airbrush at a later date, I can always keep the comp so that seems like a good option with long term in mind as well, thanks mate! :)

Skin_the_Sun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2012, 12:24:36 AM »

I think am probably going to get this      http://www.hobbyserv.com.au/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=135

I really don't have the knowledge to tell if it's good quality or not, but it seems pretty reasonable. What do you guys reckon?

QuangVuong

• Commodore
  • BANNED!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2012, 05:42:32 AM »

The airbrush is would be good, but the compressor doent seem like itll last. Id spend a little more to se a decent compressor. Try Princess Trade on ebay or their website. Aussie seller with pretty cheap and good compressors.

Canon 1Ds 24-105mm f4L
(\__/)
(=
'.'=)
(")_(")
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

japantoys.com.au banner ad

HLJ.com Ad

Advertise on GAF